#6 Silsbee vs #10 WOS Friday night

13 hours ago, Silsbee92 said:

Silsbee is different in all the right places, and way different in one area for sure, compared to last years game.

Still, it is a district game and its baseball.  Anything can happen but it wont be like last year.

4-3 Silsbee

In what places is Silsbee different that make it right? Haven't seen them this year.

Did Silsbee face JD last year?  IMO, WOS has patience at the plate and are super fast on the bases.  Can't let them get a walk or a BB cause they will rack up some SB on you, you have to make them earn their hits.  Should be a great game and atmosphere.  Safe travels to all and good luck young men playing.

19 minutes ago, Critter said:

Did Silsbee face JD last year?  IMO, WOS has patience at the plate and are super fast on the bases.  Can't let them get a walk or a BB cause they will rack up some SB on you, you have to make them earn their hits.  Should be a great game and atmosphere.  Safe travels to all and good luck young men playing.

Yes faced him in WOS

I have seen both teams play, and they are both very good baseball teams. The biggest difference I see is pitching depth. That wont have much of an effect in the district games, but if these two meet in the playoffs, Id give the edge to Silsbee. I am looking forward to some good baseball tomorrow night at Ronnie Anderson Park, in this big district showdown. Best of luck to both ball clubs!

2 hours ago, gronkykong17 said:

I have seen both teams play, and they are both very good baseball teams. The biggest difference I see is pitching depth. That wont have much of an effect in the district games, but if these two meet in the playoffs, Id give the edge to Silsbee. I am looking forward to some good baseball tomorrow night at Ronnie Anderson Park, in this big district showdown. Best of luck to both ball clubs!

All jokes and funny banter aside, this group of kids at WOS don't fear big games. 90% of them have already played in 4 State Championship games. 3 in football and 1 in baseball. That is something you can't coach or teach. Experience sometimes is just enough to get you over the edge. Anyways, we still have the whole second half of district left and anything can happen, especially in baseball.

15 minutes ago, kicker said:

Compared to who? Surely not WOS. WOS. Is speed, and lots of it......anyways, great game Tigers. We will meet again. Signed Slow WOS.. lol

Need to read all the other post... never said anything about Silsbee having more team speed that WOS ... saying we had more than we have had in previous years