Silsbee 89 Brazosport 83/FINAL/SILSBEE TIGERS - CLASS 4A STATE CHAMPIONS!!!

26 minutes ago, Silsbeealum14 said:

Good question !!! I think he would but you never know.

I have heard some speculating already but I heard the same thing about some players before this year.  Even heard from one himself that he  wasn't sure. Ask him right now if he made the right decision.  I will put it this wayand in football terms: I thought they were going to have to tackle him yesterday to get that trophy away from him!

55 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

This broadcast will be archived for 30 days. You can listen again.

Over 8,000 listened in. So much appreciation for those who tuned in.

This is the hidden content, please

You did good...  Even the people that I suggested to run in to the broadcast loved it and couldn't believe that you're a Silsbee fan ,how unbiased you broadcast.  Keep up the good work, man.

1 hour ago, ST413 said:

I have heard some speculating already but I heard the same thing about some players before this year.  Even heard from one himself that he  wasn't sure. Ask him right now if he made the right decision.  I will put it this wayand in football terms: I thought they were going to have to tackle him yesterday to get that trophy away from him!

Ha ha!

9 minutes ago, Kountzer said:

People keep tweeting that this is Silsbee's first state championship.  They also won state in track in 1984, led by Chris Barnes.  That Barne's bloodline has been a blessing to SHS.

That's because that's what the local media stated..  I wish someone wouldn't told them and corrected it the same day...

On 3/13/2017 at 10:26 PM, ST413 said:

I have congratulated my Tigers over and over and expressed how proud I am,  but I also have to say I really hate seeing the kids on the other side.  I know how hard it was last year on our guys and us fans.  Yes there must be a winner and loser but to see a kid almost singlehandedly keep his team in it and then come up short is never easy.  I may not have thought much about it last night or even noticed it in the aftermath but I know how tough it is after last year. Hats off for a great game to Brazosport's Chris Rossow.  He has to be right up there with Grimes as far as the best two opposing players I got to see this year.

I didn't see Grimes, but I've heard about him.  Priddy for Argyle was good, and so was Savhir, the pg for Houston Christian.

...Still on guards & specifically PGs:  Charles Smith IV for Westbury Christian, man he is not all that tall but he has tremendous springs in his legs.  That dunk where he drove down the middle against Silsbee and slammed was one of the best of the season.  Silsbee never played Sam Houston Math..but Kendric Davis is very good also.  Dallas Skyline had a really good combo guard as well.

Can't say enough about how Brae Bush stepped in as a freshman and played like a seasoned upper classman.  He is going to make all state first team, for sure.  Devon played pg at his usual high level as well.  Those two playing together again next season should be something to watch.

1 hour ago, ST413 said:

Actually according to the Texas high school power lifting association website Mark won 3 straight in 88,89, and 90 all individual titles.

However Silsbee also had 4 years straight of team titles in 93,94,95, and 96.

I'm sorry if it seemed like I was doubting you. I'm just stating that I was competing for WOS his freshman year and they didn't win the team title, but he did win the SHW division (actually beat his big brother in the process).

4 minutes ago, studd88 said:

I'm sorry if it seemed like I was doubting you. I'm just stating that I was competing for WOS his freshman year and they didn't win the team title, but he did win the SHW division (actually beat his big brother in the process).

No problem I wasn't the one you were talking to.  I just looked it up is all.

On 3/13/2017 at 6:54 PM, BMTSoulja1 said:

That's because that's what the local media stated..  I wish someone wouldn't told them and corrected it the same day...

My reference to the first Championship is talking about in basketball since that is the event being covered. Just like the PA announcer in the Dome said "this is Silsbee's first State Championship." This is the normal way of reporting it. Just like saying West Orange-Stark won their fourth state title when covering football. The school has many more than 4 overall. 

Now if someone out there said this is Silsbee's first state championship of any kind that's of course incorrect.

Think of it this way, when Clemson won the national title it was said the Tigers have their second national championship! In reality it's the university's fifth. But no one is talking about their golf and soccer titles when football is being covered.

2 hours ago, ShlyKBMT said:

My reference to the first Championship is talking about in basketball since that is the event being covered. Just like the PA announcer in the Dome said "this is Silsbee's first State Championship." This is the normal way of reporting it. Just like saying West Orange-Stark won their fourth state title when covering football. The school has many more than 4 overall. 

Now if someone out there said this is Silsbee's first state championship of any kind that's of course incorrect.

Think of it this way, when Clemson won the national title it was said the Tigers have their second national championship! In reality it's the university's fifth. But no one is talking about their golf and soccer titles when football is being covered.

No shade was thrown.  It was an honest mistake, but indie hear them say it, and I thought it was correct, until I spoke with a few older Silsbee fans and they pointed that out.  

The verbiage was misleading as it was stated first state title in any sport.