Looking for a new deer lease

westend1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have hunted around Freer (about 10 miles as the crow flies) and I would venture to say that the deer quality is probably quite a bit better. Of course managed deer around Junction might make up for that area but I have seen many huge bucks around Freer. 

Having hunted on a high fence ranch (1,000 acres) that is heavily managed in Doss (about 15 miles from Junction), I have never seen the size deer there (horns or body) that I have seen around Freer and that was on a low fence ranch. I killed a "management" buck a couple of years ago near Freer that field dressed at 168. 

Good luck on that lease. Hopefully it has been kept up and if so it will probably produce some great hunting. 

23 hours ago, Be Smart said:

i hunt almost on corner of 255 and 69, it is on county road 3325, Been on lease for about 30 years, good little lease. Have been MLD for 8 year deer looking pretty good for our area. Its call Sugar Creek Hunting Club.

guy that runs it is named Lynn williams 409-429-8387

how many members, and how many more needed?

• 1 month later...