Herman's Texas Longhorns

UTfanatic

5 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

Are you comparing Miss St to SMU?

Yes. In terms of a conference opponet. UH is not and will not be in the SEC. Nor will SMU. 

In relative terms, SMU is as bad in the AAC as Miss St is in the SEC.

Miss St beating aTm was an upset. SMU beating UH was an upset.

So again, I will defer to an aggies knowledge of choking in a big game in November.  Maybe it's something coaches learn at UH. I sure hope not.

49 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Miss St lost to South Alabama who lost to ULL sooo...

Dammit hoops! Took the words right out of my mouth.

Why is aggy all riled up about Herman anyways? We just fired our coach... They should be able to kill it recruiting this year, right? RIGHT?!?!

2 hours ago, UTfanatic said:

A nightmare for rival recruiters 

This is the hidden content, please

#meltdownontexasags

horns up and Hookem 

You are right.  Ags everywhere are shaking in their boots.

Not just anyone off the street can coach a team to a 6th place finish in the AAC.  He must be the greatest. 

34 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

You are right.  Ags everywhere are shaking in their boots.

Not just anyone off the street can coach a team to a 6th place finish in the AAC.  He must be the greatest. 

Yeah, winning in your conference is tough for everyone.

This is the hidden content, please

It helps to beat some Top 5 teams though. How's K Sum doing in that area?

Seeing the staff he's putting together, we will see how this class comes together.  After this year, welcome back to getting the Texas culls.  You heard me.  You'll take who we don't want and like it. 

Is Tom a lock?  No.  But I like his chances of success at Texas. 

And make no mistake.  Ol' PM is scared.  Because it's either scared or dumb and I'm betting the former.  

My how the standards have changed on the 40 acres. Excited about a coach who has lost to Navy, SMU, and Memphis in the same season. DKR must be rollin' in his grave, really! I wish him all the best though, seems like a good dude and all. He will fit right in with the whole austin being weird crowd with how he licks on his players before every game. Seems like a stand up dude too, telling his players at Cougar High that he would never leave them and how much he loved them all year, and then leveraging tu with threats to go to LSU on T-Giving night to speed up the process. Seems like his priorities are straight. I honestly thought Charlie deserved one more year, but the "good ole boy" network that runs tu made sure Charlie never had a chance from day one. Hopefully, he breaks the chain of "crash and burn coaches" from Cougar High. 

36 minutes ago, Lukethadrifter said:

My how the standards have changed on the 40 acres. Excited about a coach who has lost to Navy, SMU, and Memphis in the same season. DKR must be rollin' in his grave, really! I wish him all the best though, seems like a good dude and all. He will fit right in with the whole austin being weird crowd with how he licks on his players before every game. Seems like a stand up dude too, telling his players at Cougar High that he would never leave them and how much he loved them all year, and then leveraging tu with threats to go to LSU on T-Giving night to speed up the process. Seems like his priorities are straight. I honestly thought Charlie deserved one more year, but the "good ole boy" network that runs tu made sure Charlie never had a chance from day one. Hopefully, he breaks the chain of "crash and burn coaches" from Cougar High. 

Ok noobs

46 minutes ago, Lukethadrifter said:

Thanks, Luke.

Not drift on up out of here.

1 hour ago, Lukethadrifter said:

Yes, as a matter of fact, we are!  And I'm sure you would've loved to see us give Charlie an extension like you guys did for Rumlin.  Sorry it didn't work out for you.

With Applewhite not allowed at Texas and Arnaud staying at LSU I wonder who Tom will go after to fill OC and DC?? 

Maybe Orlando but I'm hearing he's in the driver seat to replace Herm at UofH specially if they win the bowl game,,

This is a big decision and I feel this will make Hermans career ether a success or failure..As you can see what happen with Strong 

5 minutes ago, D3zii said:

With Applewhite not allowed at Texas and Arnaud staying at LSU I wonder who Tom will go after to fill OC and DC?? 

Maybe Orlando but I'm hearing he's in the driver seat to replace Herm at UofH specially if they win the bowl game,,

This is a big decision and I feel this will make Hermans career ether a success or failure..As you can see what happen with Strong 

The DC hire is the critical one here. We're gonna run Tom's offense so it won't matter as much on that side of the ball,  imo. Tim Beck from tOSU is what I'm hearing and that could help with Dobbins.