Westbrook Eligibility

15 minutes ago, Football52 said:

I saw the minutes from the UIL executive meeting, and noticed that two different WB eligibility questions were raised. One denied, one upheld. Anyone know if either of these applied to the kid from HJ?

15 minutes ago, Football52 said:

I saw the minutes from the UIL executive meeting, and noticed that two different WB eligibility questions were raised. One denied, one upheld. Anyone know if either of these applied to the kid from HJ?

It' my understanding the Carpenter kid was ruled eligible, the Parquet kid ruled ineligible.

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

It' my understanding the Carpenter kid was ruled eligible, the Parquet kid ruled ineligible.

Unfortunate for the kid that was ruled ineligible. Parents should educate themselves on the rules better so that the kids want have to lose a year of varsity sports no one lose her but the kid.

9 minutes ago, aTmfan06 said:

He shouldn't have left HJ

7 minutes ago, BlkMamba24 said:

Sometimes just keeping your mouth shut isnt so bad 

First off who am I to say where the kids should've stayed I was just making a point if you gonna move kid make sure you know the rules. Apparently it was an issue at HJ for the parents to move the kid and that's the right of the parents and kid just know the rules.

Secondly Mamba you're correct but sometimes people can't do that for the better of the kid. I figured it would be a losing battle you have to pick your fights and have ducks in a row.

19 minutes ago, winwin said:

Too late for this season. Not to mention, any move they make now to any school would be an obvious basketball reason after the UIL decision. 

I was more thinking of a move to a private like we saw with Mayfield in football. I can't imagine a situation where the kid will just eat a year sitting out doing nothing.

8 minutes ago, Football52 said:

I was more thinking of a move to a private like we saw with Mayfield in football. I can't imagine a situation where the kid will just eat a year sitting out doing nothing.

Even the private schools have restrictions about kids coming over for athletic purposes. The UIL decision is a red flag

2 minutes ago, winwin said:

Even the private schools have restrictions about kids coming over for athletic purposes. The UIL decision is a red flag

This must be a joke. Kelly has made a living off of kids "coming over for athletic purposes". It's so common that it's openly joked about on these boards. So you're telling me that if he tried to enroll today, he would be denied?

11 minutes ago, Football52 said:

This must be a joke. Kelly has made a living off of kids "coming over for athletic purposes". It's so common that it's openly joked about on these boards. So you're telling me that if he tried to enroll today, he would be denied?

Every kid that has transferred to Kelly has had to have the previous participation form signed by the previous school stating that the move was not for athletic purposes. If he enrolled at Kelly today he would be accepted into the school. Being eligible to play Varsity sports would be up to TAPPS and you can bet the other schools in that District would be definitely protesting that

16 minutes ago, Football52 said:

He has passed the deadline for certification i think thats what its called. Kids could leave low performing schools such as Ozen or Central and enroll in Kelly. In most cases most coaches wont check the boxes on the PAPF form unless the kid or parents are being well u know

2 minutes ago, winwin said:

Every kid that has transferred to Kelly has had to have the previous participation form signed by the previous school stating that the move was not for athletic purposes. If he enrolled at Kelly today he would be accepted into the school. Being eligible to play Varsity sports would be up to TAPPS and you can bet the other schools in that District would be definitely protesting that

I agree with that. From my understanding its more kids going thru the same process.