Can we talk about...

The fact that the defending state champion West Orange-Stark Mustangs and the Liberty Panthers are in the same district and both ranked top 10 in the state of Texas now according to DCTF rankings for 4ADII. From what I have understood Dave Campbell's Texas Football magazine and rankings are a really respectable poll/magazine when it comes to Texas sports across the state, but there wasn't a lot of buzz on here about two SETX teams in the SAME district cracking that poll, and from what I'm seeing from past rankings its actually rare that ANY schools from SETX make it into DCTF's rankings, so I just thought this would be more of a topic of conversation since this is setxsports.com lol  ... and ill admit liberty is never this good so I wanna enjoy our time in the spotlight and have you all come on here and congratulate us on how good we are doin lmao nah not really but I do think this deserves some recognition.

4 minutes ago, bronco pride said:

I will be there pulling for Liberty at the WOS game. Liberty has a nice group of kids minus one of there studs that transferred here a couple years ago.

Are you referring to Tyris Williams, who I believe transferred to Dayton two seasons ago for his sophomore year, led dayton's JV in tackles, and came to Liberty started varsity as a junior and received division 1 scholarship offers following that season to play linebacker? Yall should have used him on your varsity when he was a sophomore if that was legal lol 

9 minutes ago, TexasPanther2012 said:

Are you referring to Tyris Williams, who I believe transferred to Dayton two seasons ago for his sophomore year, led dayton's JV in tackles, and came to Liberty started varsity as a junior and received division 1 scholarship offers following that season to play linebacker? Yall should have used him on your varsity when he was a sophomore if that was legal lol 

No there was actually another kid that came with him named Lagarious Mcquirter who had over 200 yds receiving and 4 tds last Friday against Crosby. He was by far our best receiver this year and is about 6"2 with good speed and great hands. I believe he was also the districts long jump champion last year.  Liberty had a really loaded class. 

5 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Wasn't PA Memorial and PN-G in the state polls last week?

yeah crosby is in it too ... but they only do top 10 for the lower classifications they do 25 for 5A and 6A and I was speaking in terms of since I've been on this site and following txhs football since around 2012 we haven't had too many teams in those rankings, you'll see north shore in it when they're good, dayton would crack the top 25 back then as well but i still  say it's been fairly rare they show more love to dallas and austin area usually 

14 minutes ago, bronco pride said:

No there was actually another kid that came with him named Lagarious Mcquirter who had over 200 yds receiving and 4 tds last Friday against Crosby. He was by far our best receiver this year and is about 6"2 with good speed and great hands. I believe he was also the districts long jump champion last year.  Liberty had a really loaded class. 

yup legarious is from our side as well, wish we still had him, wanna hear something else crazy? Crosby WR 6'3 180 lbs junior Jordan Hill played for liberty when he was growing up as well, 3star recruit on 247, I couldn't imagine having those 2 guys with this already talented squad. 

8 minutes ago, TexasPanther2012 said:

yeah crosby is in it too ... but they only do top 10 for the lower classifications they do 25 for 5A and 6A and I was speaking in terms of since I've been on this site and following txhs football since around 2012 we haven't had too many teams in those rankings, you'll see north shore in it when they're good, dayton would crack the top 25 back then as well but i still  say it's been fairly rare they show more love to dallas and austin area usually 

I'm talking about 2 ranked teams in the same district...

4 minutes ago, TexasPanther2012 said:

yup legarious is from our side as well, wish we still had him, wanna hear something else crazy? Crosby WR 6'3 180 lbs junior Jordan Hill played for liberty when he was growing up as well, 3star recruit on 247, I couldn't imagine having those 2 guys with this already talented squad. 

Didn't realize that. Those 2 would defiantly not hurt.

1 minute ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Yea...  Memorial dropped the last realignment...  

yeah and doing some good things now in 5A i see, early in the year i wanted to catch a pam game come playoff time but i had no idea that liberty would possibly be making a run themselves so idk  if i will be able too. but good luck to pam and png , i try an support all setx teams .... outside of huffman and bh of course because they think their crap don't stink but uh anyone else  lets keep reppin for setx lol nah im playin i would still go for bh and huffman over non setx teams 

21 minutes ago, One4All said:

No its really NOT!!!!

It might not be , I've seen both teams play in person this season and watched the film on WOS, they are my pick to win state, but I'd bet my last dollar you haven't seen liberty play not one second this year. That's the only thing that bugs me, you can be the state favorite , and be dismantling people, but I have never been one to make predictions in sports without seeing 1 second of a team that is playing. And i know wosgrad and some other guys on here have probably watched some liberty film and our confident that they will still win which is fine i probably agree, but it just gets on my nerves all the random people, not just wos fans, who have been saying things like WOS is going to smash liberty just like they did HF, okay we may lose and we may get blown out but if you watch the game it wont be "just like HF" because we are on a whole different level than teams like OF and HF this season. The way you guys talk on here is as if you think liberty is the same ole liberty and THAT'S why WOS is going to beat them, NO, Liberty is much better this year than they have been in 15 years without a doubt, WOS will beat them because WOS is THAT good not because liberty is bad. 

10 minutes ago, TexasPanther2012 said:

It might not be , I've seen both teams play in person this season and watched the film on WOS, they are my pick to win state, but I'd bet my last dollar you haven't seen liberty play not one second this year. That's the only thing that bugs me, you can be the state favorite , and be dismantling people, but I have never been one to make predictions in sports without seeing 1 second of a team that is playing. And i know wosgrad and some other guys on here have probably watched some liberty film and our confident that they will still win which is fine i probably agree, but it just gets on my nerves all the random people, not just wos fans, who have been saying things like WOS is going to smash liberty just like they did HF, okay we may lose and we may get blown out but if you watch the game it wont be "just like HF" because we are on a whole different level than teams like OF and HF this season. The way you guys talk on here is as if you think liberty is the same ole liberty and THAT'S why WOS is going to beat them, NO, Liberty is much better this year than they have been in 15 years without a doubt, WOS will beat them because WOS is THAT good not because liberty is bad. 

Just curious which WOS game did you watch in person?

2 minutes ago, Mustangs93 said:

Just curious which WOS game did you watch in person?

I'm in no way saying that you guys aren't a dominant powerhouse , before you get carried away on me for praising liberty i know some of you have taken offense to any liberty praise as if you cant praise both teams, as if any compliment to liberty is a knock on wos or vice versa 

You have every reason to be proud of your team seeing how bad yall have been in the past.I don't blame you for wanting some recognition of their success.I for one am happy for the Panthers and that they are going to the playoffs. Of course as the second place team.lol and you should win your first round which looks like Madisonville ( 1-6 at this point ), Brookshire ( 2-6 ) or Cleveland Tarkington at 3-5.A third round is not out of the question.But your not going to get the same recognition as the Newton's,Katy's and yes WO-S that your looking for.That comes from years of success.Enjoy the ride.