1978 Vidor Pirates

robanadana

Since you knot head Pirate football players love to break 35 year+ records, here's one for ya':

The last time we won district. You want a battle cry, there it is. 38 years ago. It starts tonight.

LAMBAST LAMEBURTON!!!

Vidor 35 - Lametrain 21....Leave that *&&%$ Train Whistle at home!

Roasted Raider...you can't eat it but the doggies can!

Why do i follow Vidor football even though I haven't lived there in 15 years? My brother is named after Bryan Harris and Scott Ferguson.  It is in my blood. That is the way it should be.  

I hope my son will one day know the tradition that comes with having your "own" stadium and being a hometown hero.  Having young kids wanting to follow you.  That is Golden Triangle high school football.  We all should share the same passion.

23 minutes ago, griff said:

After Vidor won district that year, and they were about to enter the playoffs, a big sign was placed on top of that salvage yard that still has the little red VW camped on the roof. The sign read:

"Vidor Goes To The Dome...PNG Stays Home." 

Yeah, that worked out well.  Although PNG didn't make the playoffs that year Vidor got blown out by Aldine in the first round. 40-13.

3 hours ago, Pirate fan 85 said:

I remember that game well...I remember one of the Vidor players made a long run for a touchdown...I think it was around 90 yards + to

Gunstream intercepted an option pitch and took it @95 yards for a TD.  Aldine had the best middle linebacker I've ever seen in HS, Larry Twardowski.  He went to UT and got his knee torn up, in practice I believe.  But at the Dome, he stuffed our off right tackle offense.  Btw, most of y'all say the current Vidor offense is one dimensional.  In 78, the Pirate offense trick play was to run off tackle left lol.