Jasper / Alexandria?

XX Man

26 minutes ago, JasperDAWG said:

to give a little insight about the alexandria university academy lions that the Dawgs will play this week. they are a 4a school that went 1-10 last year(a big drop from the 12-2 record they had in 2014). their record so far this season is 1-2 with their win being against a team in their district and also a team jasper will play later this season( scheduled in the middle of our district games which i dislike very much). Slaughter Community Charter that is located on the outskirts of Baton Rouge.

sept. 2 alexandria aca 38 Slaughter community charter (slaughter,la) 34   win

sept 9 @ Avoyelles (Moreauvill,la) 84-6 loss

sept 16 @ D'Arbonne Woods (Farmerville, la)  46-6 loss

Is there a specific reason why Jasper is playing Louisiana schools in non district play?

2 hours ago, JasperDAWG said:

to give a little insight about the alexandria university academy lions that the Dawgs will play this week. they are a 4a school that went 1-10 last year(a big drop from the 12-2 record they had in 2014). their record so far this season is 1-2 with their win being against a team in their district and also a team jasper will play later this season( scheduled in the middle of our district games which i dislike very much). Slaughter Community Charter that is located on the outskirts of Baton Rouge.

sept. 2 alexandria aca 38 Slaughter community charter (slaughter,la) 34   win

sept 9 @ Avoyelles (Moreauvill,la) 84-6 loss

sept 16 @ D'Arbonne Woods (Farmerville, la)  46-6 loss

I'd only correct one thing.  They are not a 4A school, they are in Louisiana District 3-1A:

This is the hidden content, please

6 minutes ago, JasperDAWG said:

lol. and to your point i am now scratching my head wondering why i used max preps as a source.  according to them  alexandria aca is in MAIS AAAA District 2

You're not the only one to have used maxpreps to try and get info on a team outside of the area (RAISING HAND).

5 minutes ago, JasperDAWG said:

since this topic first come up here in this forum (and even before i expressed my not so happy thoughts about our schedule this year) that said i have since found out that part of the scramble for this weak schedule we ended up with was due to the fact that livingston was intially going to be in our new re-aligned district. then as we all know the uil  found that they had turned in student numbers that were incorrect therefore the got re aligned elsewhere.  i personally along with many other jasper and wos fans still dont like the fact our HC/AD wouldnt  allow the DAWGS play them Mustangs

The explanation that was given to you was, at best, faulty.  While Livingston was slated to drop to 4A based upon the numbers they turned in, they were going to be in 4A, DI.  As the UIL made the unprecedented move of releasing the ceilings and floors for not only class, but division, it was evident that Jasper would be in Division II and thus would not be in the same football district as Livingston (although they would in all other sports).  Thus the explanation that the current state of the Jasper schedule is due Livingston's "error" in numbers is not a valid one.

The situation is that Jasper, like WO-S, had to find 6 non-district games to fill up a 10 game schedule due to being placed in a 5 team district.  A WO-S game would have presented a least a partial solution to that problem.  Instead, Barbay chose not to select that solution which left Jasper to play a team which is the Louisiana equivalent to Burkeville and a second Louisiana team that is not even that highly recognized!

12 hours ago, JasperDAWG said:

i am not trying to get a tit for tat about this but to just make things clear, i wasnt given a personal explanation about livingston instead that info whether right or wrong is what Jaspers  HC/AD said himself during the weekly radio show on kjas called coffee with the coach. it was then replayed that same day during the pregame show the friday that we played silsbee. so i am sure anyone would do as i have to this point and take your head coach/athletic director statements to be accurate

The fact is, they weren't accurate.

The fact remains, he chose not to play WO-S and was looking to not play Silsbee until his admin told him otherwise.

43 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

The fact is, they weren't accurate.

The fact remains, he chose not to play WO-S and was looking to not play Silsbee until his admin told him otherwise.

I just want to make sure we are clear, your contention is that he either blatantly lied on the radio, or does not know what he is talking about?

14 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

The explanation that was given to you was, at best, faulty.  While Livingston was slated to drop to 4A based upon the numbers they turned in, they were going to be in 4A, DI.  As the UIL made the unprecedented move of releasing the ceilings and floors for not only class, but division, it was evident that Jasper would be in Division II and thus would not be in the same football district as Livingston (although they would in all other sports).  Thus the explanation that the current state of the Jasper schedule is due Livingston's "error" in numbers is not a valid one.

The situation is that Jasper, like WO-S, had to find 6 non-district games to fill up a 10 game schedule due to being placed in a 5 team district.  A WO-S game would have presented a least a partial solution to that problem.  Instead, Barbay chose not to select that solution which left Jasper to play a team which is the Louisiana equivalent to Burkeville and a second Louisiana team that is not even that highly recognized!

I am pretty sure that WOS has something called "KIPP" on their schedule.

Also, if Livingston wasn't a factor, then why is there a unfilled game in the middle of their district schedule? Just curious how that happens if a district opponent isn't removed after the schedule is set.

11 minutes ago, Scatright said:

Also, if Livingston wasn't a factor, then why is there a unfilled game in the middle of their district schedule? Just curious how that happens if a district opponent isn't removed after the schedule is set.

How about explaining how Livingston was going to drop from 5A to 4A DII?

Livingston was never going to be in Jasper's football district. They were going to be in Silsbee's football district.

Also, they have 5 teams in their district, so one team will be off of district play each week. Jasper obviously chose to have their off week in non district and play during their bye week in district play.

36 minutes ago, Scatright said:

The reason why KIPP ended up on WO-S' schedule has been well chronicled here.  However, given that you are not the brightest bulb in the box, I'll rehash.  KIPP was the only option keeping WO-S from a 9 game schedule.  WO-S requested games with teams throughout the area and, with the exception of Nederland, LC-M, Bridge City and Silsbee, other teams declined causing WO-S to seek games with teams from North Texas and even the Panhandle.  Some teams cited lack of availability, which is reasonable given that WO-S was, like Jasper, in a 5 team district and most others in the area have less predistrict games to fill.  Others that WO-S asked cited that they didn't want to face the possibility of a loss to a 4A, DII.  Still further, other football coaches declined an invitation to play because,quite simply, WO-S "hit too hard (a direct quote from MULTIPLE schools that declined)."  In fact, WO-S was almost resigned to the fact that they would have 9 games on the schedule, when KIPP called (that is right KIPP called WO-S) to schedule last week's game.

So long story short, KIPP played WO-S last week because NOBODY else would.

Now, as to how Jasper can have an open date without the spector of Livingston, I'll try to speak slowly so that even you an understand.  You seeeeee........when a diiiistrict has odddddd number teeeeeams.....each one of those teeeeeeeeams will have an oooooopen date during district play.  You see foooour teeeeams can't play theeeee teeeeams during one weeeeek.  Several teeeeeeeeams in the area, not effected by Livingston's move from 10-4A-I to 22-5A (Jaaaaaapser beeeeeing ooooooone of those teeeeeeeams), faaaall into thiiis caaaaaaateeeeegooooory!  They include: Beaumont West Brook, Barbers Hill, Crosby, Dayton, Humble, Kingwood Park, New Caney, Porter, Splendora, Diboll, Huntington, Jasper (yessssssss, Jasper), Shepherd, Tarkington, Hamshire-Fannett, Hardin-Jefferson, Liberty, Orangefield, West Orange-Stark, Buna, Coldspring-Oakhurst, Kirbyville, Kountze, Warren, Woodville, Chester, High Island, Orange Community Christian.

You will note the six schools (that is right, I knew you would catch on, SIX is an eeeeeeeeven number) that do not have open dates during district play are Bridge City, Cleveland, Huffman Hargrave, Little Cypress-Mauriceville, Navasota and Silsbee.  Do you know what they have in common, do you?  They are all members of 10-4A-I, the district that Livingston was first placed in and then yanked out of by the UIL.

Look I know this is a lot of get your tiny mind around in a short period of time, but let's give it a try, okay?

33 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

The reason why KIPP ended up on WO-S' schedule has been well chronicled here.  However, given that you are not the brightest bulb in the box, I'll rehash.  KIPP was the only option keeping WO-S from a 9 game schedule.  WO-S requested games with teams throughout the area and, with the exception of Nederland, LC-M, Bridge City and Silsbee, other teams declined causing WO-S to seek games with teams from North Texas and even the Panhandle.  Some teams cited lack of availability, which is reasonable given that WO-S was, like Jasper, in a 5 team district and most others in the area have less predistrict games to fill.  Others that WO-S asked cited that they didn't want to face the possibility of a loss to a 4A, DII.  Still further, other football coaches declined an invitation to play because,quite simply, WO-S "hit too hard (a direct quote from MULTIPLE schools that declined)."  In fact, WO-S was almost resigned to the fact that they would have 9 games on the schedule, when KIPP called (that is right KIPP called WO-S) to schedule last week's game.

So long story short, KIPP played WO-S last week because NOBODY else would.

Now, as to how Jasper can have an open date without the spector of Livingston, I'll try to speak slowly so that even you an understand.  You seeeeee........when a diiiistrict has odddddd number teeeeeams.....each one of those teeeeeeeeams will have an oooooopen date during district play.  You see foooour teeeeams can't play theeeee teeeeams during one weeeeek.  Several teeeeeeeeams in the area, not effected by Livingston's move from 10-4A-I to 22-5A (Jaaaaaapser beeeeeing ooooooone of those teeeeeeeams), faaaall into thiiis caaaaaaateeeeegooooory!  They include: Beaumont West Brook, Barbers Hill, Crosby, Dayton, Humble, Kingwood Park, New Caney, Porter, Splendora, Diboll, Huntington, Jasper (yessssssss, Jasper), Shepherd, Tarkington, Hamshire-Fannett, Hardin-Jefferson, Liberty, Orangefield, West Orange-Stark, Buna, Coldspring-Oakhurst, Kirbyville, Kountze, Warren, Woodville, Chester, High Island, Orange Community Christian.

You will note the six schools (that is right, I knew you would catch on, SIX is an eeeeeeeeven number) that do not have open dates during district play are Bridge City, Cleveland, Huffman Hargrave, Little Cypress-Mauriceville, Navasota and Silsbee.  Do you know what they have in common, do you?  They are all members of 10-4A-I, the district that Livingston was first placed in and then yanked out of by the UIL.

Look I know this is a lot of get your tiny mind around in a short period of time, but let's give it a try, okay?

Yes sir mr. principal of the message board. I am so sorry for questioning you in your own little internet kingdom. Next time I will be careful to remain with the peasants and not approach the king on matter of high school football scheduling. I recognize your all encompassing power and wish to never cross you again as you lurk among the threads carefully locking those that you deem necessary.

31 minutes ago, JasperDAWG said:

ok.

i have known that about wos and silsbee not new news to  me. as a matter of fact many times i have expressed my disappointment about not playing wos and at the thought of not playing silsbee

Nobody is trying to get on you.  Believe me, I have seen your posts regarding the state of the Jasper schedule and your criticism is far beyond what most Jasper supporters have offered.  And I know that you were just conveying what you had heard, which if it squared with the facts would be a reasonable explanation of why two small Louisiana schools appear on the Bulldog schedule.  The problem simply is that the explanation that was supplied does not square with those facts.