Port Neches-Groves 54 Silsbee 27/FINAL

WOSgrad

I have always enjoyed playing Silsbee they have a very long tardition of football going a long ways back like PNG Nederland and a few other teams in SETX. Have much respect for them and think that you guys have the absolute coolest stadium in SETX. Look forward to playing there next season......

8 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

Silsbee beat PNG in 1993 as well. We have lost games since. 

A little history for you guys.....  PNG played its very first game in 1925 it was a 7-0 loss to guess who......YOUR SILSBEE TIGERS......  Our very first game ever was between these two teams.

1 hour ago, ShlyKBMT said:

Not to bring up officiating, because we all understand the shortage. Last night while archiving our video I noticed Calvin Tyler's 1st TD should not have counted. Ball was loose before getting in. Rolled out of the end zone and should've been called a touchback.

Uh oh!

1 hour ago, prepballfan said:

Yes I was in the stands as well. I left TJ shaking my head. We actually beat WOS the week before in a hotly contested game at the Reservation were WOS went for the win and fumbled into the endzone to be recovered by a different WOS player effectively making the 2 point conversion and the win nullified. Man was that a hell of a game

Top 5 in my book... WOS 89 is number 2 in my book.. That was at WOS... WOS in 92 at the Rez was my #3... WOS 96 at home was my #4...... But just all out crazy, intense, in your face, in the rain game of all time........ 96 Nederland at the pound... Best defense PNG has ever put on the field vs Troy Sumrall..... 

1 hour ago, ShlyKBMT said:

Not to bring up officiating, because we all understand the shortage. Last night while archiving our video I noticed Calvin Tyler's 1st TD should not have counted. Ball was loose before getting in. Rolled out of the end zone and should've been called a touchback.

If the ball crosses the plane, then it's a TD.  That's what happened.  He was tripped up and when he fell, the ball squirted loose and rolled out the back of the end zone.  There was 2 officials standing right there when it happened from 2 angles...  That was a TD.

15 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

If the ball crosses the plane, then it's a TD.  That's what happened.  He was tripped up and when he fell, the ball squirted loose and rolled out the back of the end zone.  There was 2 officials standing right there when it happened from 2 angles...  That was a TD.

ok.....that touchdown really didn't matter in the grand scheme of things anyway....hell soulja if you want give them 1 or 2 more it wont make a difference

1 hour ago, indianforever said:

ok.....that touchdown really didn't matter in the grand scheme of things anyway....hell soulja if you want give them 1 or 2 more it wont make a difference

That's true.  I was just addressing that one play.  You still gotta be able to stop someone.  I think PN-G scored on every drive except for like 2...  And we gave the ball right back to them the next play after that interception...

4 hours ago, prepballfan said:

Yes I was in the stands as well. I left TJ shaking my head. We actually beat WOS the week before in a hotly contested game at the Reservation were WOS went for the win and fumbled into the endzone to be recovered by a different WOS player effectively making the 2 point conversion and the win nullified. Man was that a hell of a game

I played in that game....So loud we could barely hear in the huddle

1 hour ago, BADSANTA said:

1999 was a close game for sure 

17-10 Indians then we did this.....

Port Neches-Groves 17, Silsbee 10
Port Neches-Groves 54, Waller 28
Port Neches-Groves 35, Brazosport 21
Port Neches-Groves 22, LaMarque 6
Port Neches-Groves 16, Schertz Clemens 13
Port Neches-Groves 18, Stephenville 28

On August 29, 2016 at 1:57 PM, BMTSoulja1 said:

The ball was out of his possession before it crossed the plane. We have it on video. Not that it matters. He realized it too, you see him scrambling before turning back to the official.