How far will Evadale go this year?

BADSANTA

Whoa - whoa - whoa......easy now.    We just want the boys to play hard, focus weekly on getting better and trying to win a district championship.  Coach Williams and the staff will prepare them and look to get better each game.  Should be a good scrimmage coming up against Anahuac this week.  Bigger school with some speed and size will test the boys.

3 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

Seems like they will be a team to watch this season. Might go undefeated thru regular season. 

I'm with Chester, whoa.  We were only 6-5 last year.  I do expect a much, much, better record.   Winning District is certainly an obtainable goal, but we'll have to beat Iola, which is a difficult task.  I do think we have a shot this year, which is rare.

Once again, I'm with Chester86, the Anahuac scrimmage will be a better gauge.  To use the political term, we're "cautiously optimistic".

5 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

I hear the combo of Mackey and a few others could be the best in SETX now. 

Lol, I see why your name starts with BAD.  I think we probably have the best 2A receiver corp in SETX, but I certainly don't know for sure.  We had some good ones, and Mackey is a welcome addition.  But, as you well know, the passing game is a team effort with the blocks up front, and the QB's arm.  We have a great group of young men.  

I'm not afraid to say yea we are looking good, the kids are pumped about the season ahead! We have size, speed ,several that can run and catch the ball ! We got depth and our QB is doing a good job along with our defense and offensive line! Very proud of all our Rebel players! I  believe we will take District easy, because I believe in our Rebels! 

4 minutes ago, pdawg119 said:

I think Evadale will finish 2nd in District behind Iola, beat Timpson in Bi-District, then lose to Bremond in the 2nd round.

Very possible.  Unless you are the best team in the state, how far a team goes in the playoffs is often decided by who's in your bracket.  Luck (or unlucky lol) of the draw.  I suspect some teams that get to Regional are inferior to many teams already playing basketball.  Cest la vie  (such is life, for those not familiar with the Cajun expression).