Hemphill at Hull-Daisetta/Post scrimmage comments here!

WOSgrad

Neither team showed much on offense HD only had all the staters on the field for one series then coach started swapping in a lot of the younger kids I think he is trying to decide who to put on jv and who to keep on varsity. Hemphill has one good running back but they couldn't get anything going against the HD starting defense but like the offense coach only let them stay on the field one series before he started swapping them out. Hemphill scored once on the younger defense. When HD starting defense was on the field they looked really good really aggressive up front and fast in the secondary. Looked like both coaches were using a lot of the younger kids and working on their offense trying to get timing down 

4 hours ago, Top cat said:

Neither team showed much on offense HD only had all the staters on the field for one series then coach started swapping in a lot of the younger kids I think he is trying to decide who to put on jv and who to keep on varsity. Hemphill has one good running back but they couldn't get anything going against the HD starting defense but like the offense coach only let them stay on the field one series before he started swapping them out. Hemphill scored once on the younger defense. When HD starting defense was on the field they looked really good really aggressive up front and fast in the secondary. Looked like both coaches were using a lot of the younger kids and working on their offense trying to get timing down 

Thanks for the update Top cat.

On 8/14/2016 at 6:06 PM, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Hemphill seems like it has went off the deep-end ever since the year Twine transferred away from there to Falls City. 

They got themselves a good HC/AD in Vanya and they will be on the upswing if they give him time. He took WS to the state semis in 02-03. My nephew was a DE/LB on that team. Don't know about this year, though....

14 hours ago, pinelandflash said:

They got themselves a good HC/AD in Vanya and they will be on the upswing if they give him time. He took WS to the state semis in 02-03. My nephew was a DE/LB on that team. Don't know about this year, though....

If my old age memory is correct, I think Hemphill has about 16 or 17 returning starters.  Sounds like Hull Daisetta is pulling guys off the drilling rigs to play (we use to joke about that in the 70's when they were beating a lot of teams by 50+ points lol).

18 minutes ago, REBgp said:

If my old age memory is correct, I think Hemphill has about 16 or 17 returning starters.  Sounds like Hull Daisetta is pulling guys off the drilling rigs to play (we use to joke about that in the 70's when they were beating a lot of teams by 50+ points lol).

Not sure if it was true in the 70's, but I'm pretty sure it was true in the 40's and 50's.