Silsbees mackey to Evadale??

aTmfan06

4 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Keep up oldie. Silsbee got a 3 star QB transferred in and a 3 star RB. The RB will make a difference in what Silsbee does this year.

Forgive me for not knowing OR caring about all things relating to Silsbee.  My point remains.  I doubt a 1000yd WR makes that much difference.

3 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Losing or gaining?

I'm referring to the kid the thread is about.  So losing.

But...I don't think EITHER makes that much difference.  It's good to have good wideouts, no doubt.  But a lot of variables come into play when completing a pass. QB, WR, O-line, timing, defense.

2 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

I'm referring to the kid the thread is about.  So losing.

But...I don't think EITHER makes that much difference.  It's good to have good wideouts, no doubt.  But a lot of variables come into play when completing a pass. QB, WR, O-line, timing, defense.

Fair enough.

I believe there will be times when Silsbee will miss Mackey. Made many a clutch catch last season.

One thing in this thread I find interesting.  It appears that most of the negative remarks about this young man's decision, are not from Silsbee fans.  Most of them, even though they'll miss him, wish him the best.  To me, speaks volumes for the Silsbee supporters, and their respect for this young man.

1 minute ago, Scatright said:

D1 offers does not = a D1 QB.

I will be very interested to see Jones compete against a higher level of competition than he saw at Legacy. I hope he is fantastic, but I am a bit concerned about how he will translate to big boy football. We shall see.

Well duh, are the offers for the QB position or ATH? 

3 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Well duh, are the offers for the QB position or ATH? 

Alright, I'm done arguing with you for the day! haha

Mackey will love Evadale and have all the competition he needs because he might get to play Canadian, and Silsbee won't miss a beat because they have an unproven D1 QB that was recruited....err....chose to move from Beaumont Legacy. I am officially out on this topic.

4 minutes ago, Scatright said:

Mackey will love Evadale and have all the competition he needs because he might get to play Canadian, and Silsbee won't miss a beat because they have an unproven D1 QB that was recruited....err....chose to move from Beaumont Legacy. I am officially out on this topic.

3A. :)

As for as recruited back to his home, not sure about that one. He's from there from what I was told, him and Tyler. 

27 minutes ago, Scatright said:

25 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

3A. :)

As for as recruited back to his home, not sure about that one. He's from there from what I was told, him and Tyler. 

Man.......y'all both got me fired up for football season. Is it week 0 yet ?

9 hours ago, Silsbee92 said:

The outside receivers are great targets with hands and speed. They will have their big plays, no doubt.

But the damage will be done out of the backfield.  Two highly capable backs with hands and speed to burn is where the true danger lies.  Only the best defenses can cover two backs, two receivers AND....

Not even going to mention the QB's running capability.

THIS!

13 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

It's not so much about Mackey transferring, as much as a giant LOL at Silsbee fan. First off, how many people have gotten tired of hearing about the "best receiving corp in Southeast Texas?" I been saying since Coach Smith was hired that their receivers had better start practicing their backpedals for a switch to playing secondary. 

More importantly, this indicates that all of the "our kids LOVE the new coaches and are buying into the new system" posts are exaggerated. Things aren't all sunshine and up-downs in Tigre-land. Any time you have a leader like Mackey bolt, you can be sure that others are wishing they could do the same. 

Lastly, for my friend Silsbee92.... Smash BC? You guys abandoned your offensive style and hired a coach that will hopefully teach y'all our running styles attack. I'll take that as a compliment. 

So hold on a second. Is Silsbee moving to the Slot (or Wing)-T?? OK nevermind the question was answered (I think).

On August 10, 2016 at 9:24 AM, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Lmao!!!  Catching 12-15 passes for over 150-200 yards versus SP in one half of action probably wont have him feeling any kind of sting. You know what would be hilarious here with this situation: Evadale having a longer playoff run than Silsbee due to Mackey. 

Agreed my brother BG. Think Coach Williams moving him to QB?