Talk About Cool

baddog

That was cool, to say the least.   What surprised me was the impact.  I expected it to be more volatile.   And the fact that the chute can withstand that much weight means I could parachute - if I was so inclined, which I ain't. :) 

21 minutes ago, REBgp said:

That was cool, to say the least.   What surprised me was the impact.  I expected it to be more volatile.   And the fact that the chute can withstand that much weight means I could parachute - if I was so inclined, which I ain't. :) 

I couldn't believe the impact either. I am truly amazed at the whole process and always wonder.......who came up with all that?

43 minutes ago, baddog said:

I couldn't believe the impact either. I am truly amazed at the whole process and always wonder.......who came up with all that?

Somebody a lot smarter than me lol.  One probable senario - some Airborne General, who graduated from West Point, said to his Colonel, We need to be able to drop jeeps in our landing zone.  Colonel tells a Major, who ask his Captain if we'd ever done this.  Captain checks, and finds out, no.  Calls in his Sgt Major and ask for suggestions.  The Sgt Major calls his Staff Sgts & Master Sgts together, and one of them, with his HS diploma, comes up with how we can do it.

The morale of the story, Sergeants make the Military work.

20 hours ago, baddog said:

Never said it was new. Just impressed with the bird's eye view......like being there.

This ain't new either. Watch how cool this is....

Dang!  I wonder how far away the target was, I could just barely see it from the launcher point of view.

1 hour ago, REBgp said:

What that shouldered fired missile did to that tank was unbelievable.  I expected a burning hulk, not scattered scrap metal. 

Absolutely. I like the fact that the missile is slow enough that the enemy could possibly see it coming. Gives them enough time to bend over and kiss it goodbye.