Silsbee WR Kolten Mackey

1 hour ago, LCM17 said:

The year before that we didn't  need recievers  either to beat BC but hey thats in the past. lol But y'all could have used some receivers against Carthage. 

Probably would have made the game worse. Interior Def last year for my Bulldogs was way down and we lost two starting LB's early in the season so running against Carthage was your best bet. Navasota tried to air it out as they always do and lost with some of the best WR's in the region. BC run game is legit for sure.

29 minutes ago, RayJr said:

Probably would have made the game worse. Interior Def last year for my Bulldogs was way down and we lost two starting LB's early in the season so running against Carthage was your best bet. Navasota tried to air it out as they always do and lost with some of the best WR's in the region. BC run game is legit for sure.

I agree they run the best slot t other than Liberty hill maybe. But far yalls defense being down they played pretty good. I was  at Navasota and Carthage game and it was a good game

17 minutes ago, Mickey Mantle said:

Surely someone isn't serious when they say a guy that had a great college as well as a long and prosperous pro career couldn't cover a guy that has no offers? This board has lost it.

the source.

I had the privilege of watching this kid play in the playoffs in The Woodlands. I personally enjoyed watching him play more than any other player I've ever seen in a Tiger uniform.  He just had an intensity that was fun to watch. I really hope he plays on the next level. 

I read through this thread, and i had the same reaction that some of the others did when it was stated that Mackey is one of the best receivers that has EVER come through SETX, and a great fit at ANY college.  Once of the best in the area right now?  Sure, of course.  I looked for his stats online, and couldn't find them from last year, but he went for 28/523/6 the year before.  very respectable, but even if he doubled those numbers as a  this past season, that would still be a far cry away from all-time great numbers for SETX.  Now, if he'd gone off for 80 catches, 1800 yards, and 20 TDs, i'd reevaluate my stance.  I'm not hating, and i rooted for Silsbee in both the football and basketball playoffs this year, but i strongly disagree with that statement.  Now, some of  y'all are talking about next season for him.  HUDL has him listed as the class of 2017, but i'm fairly positive he was a senior this year.  So if he's gone for 1500 yards and 15 TDs over his junior and senior year, then those are very good numbers, but not anywhere close to GOAT status, or even in the argument to get into the argument.