Port Neches-Groves Girls 0 Fort Bend Ridge Point 0/PN-G advances on PK (3-1)

WOSgrad

Just spoke with one of the dads from the team. After 0 to 0 score after 2 overtimes. PNG advances by winning 4 to 1 in 'shoot out' they are way excited. Everytime i talk with team parents they comment on how much the wins are a team effort Wooohoooo!!!!! for these girls

3 hours ago, bullets13 said:

What was the game plan?  I've heard three different people reference it.  Just packing it in?  Their next opponent just won a shootout after a 0-0 game, so png might get a 3rd straight 0-0 draw with this strategy 

I don't know diddly about soccer, but I saw several posts about all the defenders on the field and how well it worked. So I'm assuming that isn't the norm?

On 4/6/2016 at 10:45 AM, bullets13 said:

What was the game plan?  I've heard three different people reference it.  Just packing it in?  Their next opponent just won a shootout after a 0-0 game, so png might get a 3rd straight 0-0 draw with this strategy 

Coach Bates had as many as seven defenders in the back and only two forward.

Guest ECBucFan
On 4/6/2016 at 10:17 PM, bullets13 said:

Not many soccer fans on the site. Football, basketball, and baseball gets a lot more interest on here 

There are more here than meets the eye. I have interest, but do not post much at all. That might  be changing soon. Turf in being installed and EC is adding soccer for the 2017 season!