2016 Dallas Cowboys

1 hour ago, baddog said:

I still want to use the 4th pick and take Wentz. Nothing personal against Manziel, but if he is not wanted in Cleveland, it makes me wonder just how really good he is......I mean Cleveland!

They would still get the 4th draft pick.  The waiver process just goes by draft order.  If anyone picks him off waivers they have to pay him what was agreed to on his rookie contract for the next 2 years.  If he doesn't get picked up then he is a free agent and the teams could negotiate and get him a lot cheaper.  

7 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

They would still get the 4th draft pick.  The waiver process just goes by draft order.  If anyone picks him off waivers they have to pay him what was agreed to on his rookie contract for the next 2 years.  If he doesn't get picked up then he is a free agent and the teams could negotiate and get him a lot cheaper.  

Wasn't confusing the two. Just saying fill your QB need with your pick rather than take Manziel, period.

10 hours ago, navydawg31 said:

If Cleveland drafts Wentz that leaves Goff a more proven QB and he will sit behind Romo. But it's going to be really hard to pass on Bosa if he is there to take. 

The whole country watched Von and Ware dominate the playoffs this year.  I don't see Bosa being there at 4, but if he is Dallas needs to grab him.  

15 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

The whole country watched Von and Ware dominate the playoffs this year.  I don't see Bosa being there at 4, but if he is Dallas needs to grab him.  

Ware was able to dominate because he has good people around him. In Dallas, he was the only one the opponent needed to block. Miller showed why he was the second overall pick. 

I think Dallas needs a QB for the future. Wentz is a good one.

Cowboys will draft a defensive player ( Bosa or Ramsey if available) with the 4th pick. After watching Denver's Defense dominate in the SB they'll follow that mold.

I think they'll address the QB situation through free agency, IMO... RG3, C.McCoy, Manziel are all better than any QB in this years draft....

3 hours ago, JWB said:

Cowboys will draft a defensive player ( Bosa or Ramsey if available) with the 4th pick. After watching Denver's Defense dominate in the SB they'll follow that mold.

I think they'll address the QB situation through free agency, IMO... RG3, C.McCoy, Manziel are all better than any QB in this years draft....

Disagree on the QBs in free agency.  Manziel is most likely done as a NFL QB if not possibly going to jail.  Who knows if RG3 can get his confidence back after getting benched for an entire year.  McCoy?  Nah I would pass.  I still think they need to get one from the draft and groom him behind Romo for a few years. (I know that is not done much anymore.)  As far as defense, I agree that they have been focusing on the O-line the last few drafts and its time to get a couple of D lineman, maybe a LB and some DBs.

The Cowboys are a couple of defensive players ( a true pass rusher,and a shutdown corner)... away from being a SB contender "IF" Romo can stay healthy...with that being said drafting a Defensive player with that 4th pick, that can play right away is very important. We can  get a groomable QB later in the draft. But from what I'm reading on other blog sites is that they,re leaning towards getting a QB through free agency......I guess we'll have to wait and see?

Need a QB first. Romo will not make it through an entire season anymore. Hope he does, but I don't see it. As far as free agent QB's, I don't think any of them are worth taking a shot at. Especially Manziel ! (Idiot).Draft a young one. Then start building a defensive line like they did with the offensive line.