Galveston co. Commissioners vote to fill in rollover pass

I'm kinda torn on this one. Rollover is a hindrance to the estuary in general, but these commissioners are way out of line on several topics. This is just the next one on their agenda. If you live in Galveston Co., please go vote these scumbags out. Right or wrong on this topic, they think they're above the law and know no boundaries.

This is the hidden content, please

Is what they did against the law? If not how are they "above the law"? 

Not liking something doesn't mean that it is illegal or above the law. 

Rollover is a man made pass that changed the ecosystem for fun. People that are adamant about keeping it always talk about the memories like that is a good reason not to change. 

I am not sure that closing it won't result in better fishing and end the unnatural erosion that man put in for "fun". I am not against the pass but kind of like the idea of going back to its original condition. 

Hey, I'm with you. I'm a conversationist and believe the pass needs to go. More harm than good.

But that ain't why these commissioners are doing this, bro. They're doing it because they can and they just want thump their chests. It's what they're known for in this county and it's why they're going to lose in the upcoming primaries.

• 2 weeks later...
On January 23, 2016 at 5:07 PM, tvc184 said:

Is what they did against the law? If not how are they "above the law"? 

Not liking something doesn't mean that it is illegal or above the law. 

Rollover is a man made pass that changed the ecosystem for fun. People that are adamant about keeping it always talk about the memories like that is a good reason not to change. 

I am not sure that closing it won't result in better fishing and end the unnatural erosion that man put in for "fun". I am not against the pass but kind of like the idea of going back to its original condition. 

But if have lived on the coast long enough, beach erosion started when the channels are dug deeper for shipping. 

Filling in Rollover only helps CB a little.