Pre-season Rankings

Chester86

THSB magazine comes out the 16th of this month at the coaches convention.  It will have the top 20 for all classifications.  It's almost that time gentleman....can't wait.  Got the brackets for our tourney, and the Jasper tourney. Coach has challenged the boys to the best schedule I have seen in awhile for a school our size.  Ready for practice, the season, seeing friends at games all over SETX, and some Rebel baseball.

On January 13, 2016 at 4:23 AM, Chester86 said:

THSB magazine comes out the 16th of this month at the coaches convention.  It will have the top 20 for all classifications.  It's almost that time gentleman....can't wait.  Got the brackets for our tourney, and the Jasper tourney. Coach has challenged the boys to the best schedule I have seen in awhile for a school our size.  Ready for practice, the season, seeing friends at games all over SETX, and some Rebel baseball.

the season has been rained out.......

1 hour ago, injun said:

Thsb mag does not have them in top 20.. Maybe tops in our district though

PNG is in the next 10 in that poll.  They definately have the talent to make a deep run.  Their pitching staff can match up with anyone in the state.  If they can scratch a few runs and play solid defense, they should run away with the district and have a good shot at Round Rock.  

This is the hidden content, please

Houston area has PNG #1 in their pre-season poll.

2016 TEXAS PREP BASEBALL H5AB PRE-SEASON TOP 25 5A

1.   PNG

2.   KINGWOOD PARK

3.   COLLEGE STATION

4.   BRENHAM

5.   BARBERS HILL

6.   CROSBY

7.   SANTA FE

8.   BRYAN

9.   TOMBALL

10. RUDDER

11. LUMBERTON

12. GC MEMORIAL

13. RIDGE POINT

14. GEORGE RANCH

15. ELKINS

16. TOBALL MEMORIAL

17. MAGNOLIA

18. LIVINGSTON

19. FOSTER

20.PORTER

21. ANGLETON

22. GALVESTON BALL

23. MAGNOLIA WEST

24. STRATFORD

25. TEXAS CITY

3 hours ago, John Blutarsky said:

Curious that they have GCM behind Lumberton when GCM is returning the same team that beat them twice last year.

Not correct. Lumberton split with GCM last season. Lost 6-5 at GCM and won 4-1 at home. Both teams 11-3 in district play and Lumberton lost coin flip for 2nd and 3rd seed. 

On 1/16/2016 at 10:01 AM, wo-s#1 said:

Wos likes to play from tthe bottom,but wow can't believe b.c.

Big changes as well as unknowns this year.

WOS bringing back a solid team that played well above expectations last year, but lost two key starting pitchers.

BC losing arguably one of the best players in the area and even bigger part of their 1-2 punch pitching combo. Still it is BC and they always reload.

Silsbee has back loaded JR/SOPH squad but has deep pitching and if they can hit as well as fill the catchers pos they will be hard to outlast thru district.

But, hands down my money is on the LCM squad that is SR loaded and prob had some of the worst luck last year in games.  If they can clean it up, district should be theirs.

Not to be outdone are the rest but they seem to be thin in all areas but I will defer to those with more info.

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 10:16 AM, Chester86 said:

The top ranking I saw was the not the THSB ranking for PNG.  I should have copied the link, cause I cannot find it.  Anyway, preseason rankings are fun, but the final rankings are what matter.

Yep

On 1/18/2016 at 9:32 AM, GCMinTheFuture said:

They are just pollsters. You know they dont watch the games or know whats going on lol..

Barbers Hill #5 / really?

BH has 6 starters returning from a team that won 11 of last 13 regular season games, took PNG to game 3 in a shoot out, return #1 pitcher and middle infield ,  Has a couple of holes to fill, but will be in the thick of it.  Kitchens, Bonnin, Taylor, McCall, Fry, Gillings all returning, and a move in and some pretty good arms in the Soph class,   Denny always has them in the mix, , may not be top 5 team in area but will be in the hunt as always.  Though Pre Season ranking mean squat, they could be ranked 100 or 1, got to prove it and last team standing.  BH is much bigger and stronger than last year when they were a young team, think they will surprise a few folks  some of the returning players  are going to surprise some as well, they do not look like the same kids from last year,, late bloomers that may have bloomed at the right time,,  Should have a good year, 

On 1/16/2016 at 9:50 AM, PhatMack19 said:

PNG is in the next 10 in that poll.  They definately have the talent to make a deep run.  Their pitching staff can match up with anyone in the state.  If they can scratch a few runs and play solid defense, they should run away with the district and have a good shot at Round Rock.  

Means alot coming from you Thanks... SHould be a great group of Indians this year