Silsbee's Patrick Hudson and his pathetic treatment by Sumlin

TxHoops

Can't argue with what you have said cause I just do not know.

However, if your premise was true then there would be lot of de-commits prior to signing day and well that just has not happened.  He has had 1 or 2 change commitments late in the process but not any more or less than other schools.

So pardon me if I do not take an Anti-Aggie's world as gospel.  

We will have to see if Sumlin's can keep on attracting the top recruits and keep getting them, to sign - I do not know why he is able to do so - but right now he is !

I am sure AAW may be able to confirm this story. If true, pretty pathetic. Mack was the best recruiter this state has ever seen in the modern, scholarship limits era of Cfb. And one of the reasons was his honesty and sincerity. Sumlin will be hard pressed to have that type of career with the things I am hearing.

I am sure AAW may be able to confirm this story. If true, pretty pathetic. Mack was the best recruiter this state has ever seen in the modern, scholarship limits era of Cfb. And one of the reasons was his honesty and sincerity. Sumlin will be hard pressed to have that type of career with the things I am hearing.

This story needs a link attached please or it will have to come down. Thanks

So you posted something that you do not know is true - interesting.  But it about A&M so it makes no difference right!

Agian - I do not know the facts - but I would never post a negative statement like this about Coach Strong unless I was 100% sure of its accuacy.

I will not disagree with you about Mack Brown - I think he was a top notch man and made Texas better.  

But you do not mind painting Sumlin as pathetic based on "what you are hearing".  Again if I am wrong about Sumlin in he long run he will suffer - but so far what you state happened to Mr. Hudson has not happen to Sumlin's recruiting classes so either this is a unique situation or ALL or most of the other players just went along with Sumlin and signed up at A&M when they really wanted to go elsewhere - which I really doubt.

I gave AAW the source of the info. I know the guy who wrote it and the portion relating to Patrick came from Patrick's mother. So yes, old timer, it is hearsay but it comes directly from someone who spoke with her and that I trust. So the issue would be with Hudson's mother. I don't see the benefit to him or her in lying about it.

My bet is this is the tip of the iceberg and you will see more of this coming in the future. Then again, such is the life in the SEC.

^^^^^ I agree and would not want the job.

TxHoops - Again I am not aware of this situation and cannot comment on the accuracy or inaccuracy of the information.  It may well have happened just like you stated.  But you have stated or at least implied that this was common recruiting procedure for the Sumlin staff and Sumlin himself.  

ALL I am saying is that this is not being proven out with other Texas A&M commits - That is all I am saying.  If he was putting words in his recruits mouths like it was implied here - there would be a lot of flipping of A&M recruits prior to signing day - in his two years at A&M this just has not happened to a larger degree than other universities.

Let me be clear - Baylor stealing recruits from A&M - Texas and other schools will continue as long as Briles is successful and the head coach - he is very good at this job. 

It is from TexAgs. I guess they made up the interview like Sumlin did his commitment.

According to the Hudson family, that is exactly what happened. My prediction is that once recruits and players realize they have been lied to, the house of cards will come down and there will be a mass exodus from the eyesore known a Aggieland. The 7th place finishes and Poulan Weedeater bowl titles just won't be worth it. Wait for it...

TxHoops - I will take that bet - Now you state that Sumlin has lied to all recruits and is building a "house of cards" and all these lied to recruits will bolt from Texas A&M (because they are all mind numbed robots that can't make a decision for themselves without Sumlin telling them what to think and do) - I guess we have  to ignore the fact that this has not happened in his first years at A&M and not at Houston before that and no other recruit has even come close to claiming what you claim the Hudson family has said. 

Can your anti-Aggie bias get any more obvious.

TxHoops - I will take that bet - Now you state that Sumlin has lied to all recruits and is building a "house of cards" and all these lied to recruits will bolt from Texas A&M (because they are all mind numbed robots that can't make a decision for themselves without Sumlin telling them what to think and do) - I guess we have to ignore the fact that this has not happened in his first years at A&M and not at Houston before that and no other recruit has even come close to claiming what you claim the Hudson family has said.

Can your anti-Aggie bias get any more obvious.

No, no OldTimer - enjoy this amazing success while it lasts. Because if history has taught us anything, it's that A&M eventually assumes its rightful place as the Longhorns' doormat. These 7th place finishes and nail-biting wins over powerhouses like Duke in bowl games can't last forever!