Annoying Parents

I am almost certain that most parents that have kids in athletics at some point and time been annoying to coaches or other parents. How about annoying coaches? I have seen plenty of them talk out both sides of their mouth! Not all Coaches, but more than what people think are in it for themselves and not the kids. I grew up under the same roof with a Coach and it wasn't easy but he truly cared about his players and their success and not about their parents success or stature through out the community. Now days it just seems that if you have a parent that is a teacher, principal, coach, Supt. or board member or some big shot in the community then your kid gets a free pass. I have seen it take place first hand! There is a lot of good Coaches out there that unfortunately cave in to the pressures from superiors or community. I myself have a hard time keeping my mouth shut when I see favoritism being played out in sports. Let the kids compete on equal basis and let the cards fall where they may.

I am almost certain that most parents that have kids in athletics at some point and time been annoying to coaches or other parents. How about annoying coaches? I have seen plenty of them talk out both sides of their mouth! Not all Coaches, but more than what people think are in it for themselves and not the kids. I grew up under the same roof with a Coach and it wasn't easy but he truly cared about his players and their success and not about their parents success or stature through out the community. Now days it just seems that if you have a parent that is a teacher, principal, coach, Supt. or board member or some big shot in the community then your kid gets a free pass. I have seen it take place first hand! There is a lot of good Coaches out there that unfortunately cave in to the pressures from superiors or community. I myself have a hard time keeping my mouth shut when I see favoritism being played out in sports. Let the kids compete on equal basis and let the cards fall where they may.

there are some good coaches out there that really care about the kids....

even now, I tell my son to play football only if HE wants to; not because he feels like he owes us something because he doesn't owe us a dang thing.  If he ever feels like football is NOT for him, he has our blessing to not do it.  I don't think some of the coaches agree with that but it's true.  He may be an asset to the field, but he is more of an asset to ME because he is my kid.  Okay, I'm done.

I'm Guilty!!! I'm Annoying & I post a lot. I'm only Annoying to people who allow me to annoy them. I'm posting now to be annoying. Is it working?
If my Son comes home with a subpar performance because of lack of Effort, you haven't seen Annoying until you witness how I will unleash on his Butt. For those that know me, that's putting it mildly. We don't rise & grind @ 6am daily & make sacrifices for him to just exist. That Crap Annoys me. Paying for camps, equipment, driving to games, admission to games, food, training, mentoring, Fathering......
You get my drift; this lifestyle can be Annoying to someone who doesn't live this life. So, you're Damned right I'm annoying or annoyed; which ever comes first. Either you're In or Out.
We don't do things Halfass & that's why we won't be paying for College God willing. JMO

lol

GREAT POST!

there are some good coaches out there that really care about the kids....

No doubt about it! that's why I moved my kids! I want my kids to be part of a good program and that's what you get when the Coaches are there for the kids.. If they are fortunate enough to play at a higher level then its all good but if they don't its not the end of the world. WOS is my kids school, and I admire Coach T and his efforts, do I agree with everything the coaches do, probably not but I know that they have made my kids feel like they are part of that Mustang family and would not have done it any differently!

No doubt about it! that's why I moved my kids! I want my kids to be part of a good program and that's what you get when the Coaches are there for the kids.. If they are fortunate enough to play at a higher level then its all good but if they don't its not the end of the world. WOS is my kids school, and I admire Coach T and his efforts, do I agree with everything the coaches do, probably not but I know that they have made my kids feel like they are part of that Mustang family and would not have done it any differently!

I love coach T.  He has been around for a long time and knows his stuff.  He was coaching the STANGS when I was there and has only gotten better!  I always said if my son ever played football, I wanted it to be Coach Hooks.  Then he retired and when I heard Coach T took over, I cried with joy!  Good man right there.  BTW: what grade is yours in?

It is pretty sad for the kids when they are taught in youth football to win and that's all they know and when they get into school ball its a different story because of a few parents. 

I'm not following you on this one.  All kids are taught to win.  I would hope that they were also taught that you CAN'T always win.  Are you saying that parents are at fault for that?

I love coach T.  He has been around for a long time and knows his stuff.  He was coaching the STANGS when I was there and has only gotten better!  I always said if my son ever played football, I wanted it to be Coach Hooks.  Then he retired and when I heard Coach T took over, I cried with joy!  Good man right there.  BTW: what grade is yours in?

My oldest graduated this year and I have a younger son who will be a junior this coming school year. My father use to be the HC for Girls and boys basketball at WO and was also the Athletic Director before moving on to become superintendent at various schools. My father I believe coached Coach T back in the day! Yes he is a great Coach and person.

My oldest graduated this year and I have a younger son who will be a junior this coming school year. My father use to be the HC for Girls and boys basketball at WO and was also the Athletic Director before moving on to become superintendent at various schools. My father I believe coached Coach T back in the day! Yes he is a great Coach and person.

Well, the only name that comes to my mind is McCarty.  Private message me.  I am curious.  my siblings and I have all graduated from WOS (79, 80, 82, 86); nephew (2000); and oldest son (2012).  My youngest is a freshman this year. 

I don't know many successful coaches that give a flip what parents say. To me it seems that parents coach their kid in youth sports and them get pissed whem school coaches don't put them in the position their dad had them in. It is good to be involved but you must be realistic in the faCT that coaching is subjective. The coach makes the calls for his or her team. Parents need to be a fan and quit trying to run the team. Just saying

Be very careful when you choose a coach or the program over the children. Skipmeister wasn't that the way it was at Penn State. Coaches are human and are subject to being wrong or doing wrong just like anyone else. We have to be very careful about anointing man(coaches) because when we do that we have a tendency to overlook flaws and cover them to protect the man (coach). When we protect the man (coach or program) over the kid
We leave generations of bitter and disgruntled young athletes and parents. I pray that you don't have to find this out the hard way.

Being successful is tough! The desire for children to be successful runs deep...the disappointment one feels when their children falter is equally as deep! The trick is to know when to let them fail, get up and go at it again...or when to step in and strongly motivate or step in and pick them up, dust them off and push them in a new direction.

I have no kids playing, but my view from the sidelines as a reporter I feel gives me a unique perspective. There is an invisible wall that makes the game different when watched from the stands rather than on the sidelines. I see both sides of the coin: parents yearning to see their children succeed and the effort & attention to detail that coaches have to put into a game plan week in week out. It is a delicate balancing act that coaches have to perform. They are essentially damned if they do or damned if they don't. If they start a lesser talented kid whose name is right they catch grief from the side of the more talented kid, and they also catch it from the right named kid's side when they start the underclassmen they feel gives the team a better shot at winning. It is a tightrope that many of us wouldn't want to walk.

I have no kids playing, but my view from the sidelines as a reporter I feel gives me a unique perspective. There is an invisible wall that makes the game different when watched from the stands rather than on the sidelines. I see both sides of the coin: parents yearning to see their children succeed and the effort & attention to detail that coaches have to put into a game plan week in week out. It is a delicate balancing act that coaches have to perform. They are essentially damned if they do or damned if they don't. If they start a lesser talented kid whose name is right they catch grief from the side of the more talented kid, and they also catch it from the right named kid's side when they start the underclassmen they feel gives the team a better shot at winning. It is a tightrope that many of us wouldn't want to walk.

Not as hard as you're making it!! You play the player who has "earned it" with hard work and talent enough to perform at the highest level. Its really a no-brainer.