WOS losing more?

Stangx2 only the parents can say why a kids move but if you click on the page listed above there is a section that covers kids who transfer under PEG and varsity eligibility. I do know that LCM does not accept PEG transfers. You can transfer but only under their transfer rules.

Skipmeister. The difference between WOCCISD and the other schools is that WOS takes anybody regardless of background history arrest record or mental health history. They have kids from all over the golden triangle. Children that were kicked out of their respective schools. Other schools don't do that. They may be open but they will not take in kids from out ofdistrict with issues. As for a plan to improve the school. It's called a campus improvement plan which is developed by the principle and a select group of personnel from the school. It's done yearly and presented at a school board meeting at the beginning of the school year. Good luck on making it work.

It had been my dream to be a public school admistrator back on the day being an assistant principal, principal, maybe even superintendent of a school district! I wanted to rebuild! Has anyone seen the movie Stand and Deliver? The late Jaime Escalante played by Edward James Olmos first taught a remedial math class in an inner city high school. His students then started to take challenging math courses. On a trip to a factory to learn more about careers, Mr. Escalante discovered calculus and had an idea of teaching an AP Calculus class! The administrators at his school think it is impossible to do that and he said to them if the students get a passing score (3 minimum), they will get college credit for the course and they reluctantly let Mr. Escalante teach the class. Man, the students had to make sacrifices for that including giving up relationships and summer! When they took the test, almost all passed! When the College Board found out about that, they think that the students were dishonest because they were in a poor, inner-city school and opened in an investigation! With a representative from the Board proctering the exam, the students passed and in the coming years more students at the high school took and passed the AP Calculus test! If I were principal, I would be like the youngest high school principal in the State. If my plan to improve academics and others on campus within like 2-4 years and made it exemplary at WOS, there could be a movie featuring like Ryan Reynolds playing me!

Its a crying shame the academics isn't what it used to be at WOS. When I went there we didn't have the issues that seem to always plague them nowadays.

Maybe academics would be a little better if they didn't accept any and every transfer that has a pulse. You can't really do anything about kids that live in your school district...but there is nothing wrong with being selective with transfer students. The top schools in the state academically and athletically do just that very thing.

Wos92. Not every kid that leaves WOS leaves because he isn't good enough to play football. Today's WOS is not what it was when we were in school. We have a lot of issues to work out academically and athletically. The culture surrounding today's WOS is not good. Keep in mind that at one time Earl Thomas and his parents chose to leave and I'm pretty sure he could have played anywhere.