CROSBY vs. VIDOR...... FINALLY!!!!!!!!!

Who wins?  

255 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Crosby
    • Vidor

[quote name="robanadana" post="1105459" timestamp="1320466987"]
[quote author=Matt link=topic=90987.msg1105436#msg1105436 date=1320466519]
Wow this 76 vidor pirate has some issues, I guess that's how it is when your team makes the playoff's once every decade, anger builds up and you only get to talk sh** every 10 - 15 years..... just sayen
[/quote]

No issues here Matt; just proud of my team and coaches. BTW, we were in the playoffs in '09. And, if you're able to read this thread, I wasn't the one who started talking SH**, ya'll did. But I promise I have the vocabulary to answer anything you post. Bring it.
[/quote]

Be careful, Crosby's school board is not going to let them play Vidor because of your language.

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="1105444" timestamp="1320466720"]
[quote author=robanadana link=topic=90987.msg1105429#msg1105429 date=1320466274]
[quote author=Cougtalk link=topic=90987.msg1105414#msg1105414 date=1320465887]
[quote author=robanadana link=topic=90987.msg1105402#msg1105402 date=1320465576]
[quote author=Cougtalk link=topic=90987.msg1105370#msg1105370 date=1320464911]
[quote author=robanadana link=topic=90987.msg1105359#msg1105359 date=1320464763]
[quote author=BRONX ROX link=topic=90987.msg1105325#msg1105325 date=1320464191]
Tha little CROS twins gonna run all over VIDOR
[/quote]

Crosby better have four quarters in them. And, they better get ready for the Pirates to run all over them. Many teams were supposed to run all over us, like Livingston, but they go home with an "L". Also, Crosby better play a little better defense because if all you are is offense, you're in trouble. I'm sure that Jeff Mathews has plenty of poster board material given we're playing them. And, you're just happy you don't have to play us this year because Dayton would be a one and out in the playoffs. Paybacks are heck. GO PIRATES!!!
[/quote]

All i got to say is you might want to invest in some 7 oz shoes for this game... because you be running track next week. =p
[/quote]

We have the speed to hang. You can believe that. Ask anyone who's played us. And, you better get ready for Montana Quirante. He even makes a keg of quality H2O.
[/quote]

Ok... I'm Scared now. That vaunted Vidor speed.
[/quote]

Where ya'll gonna make us play the game, Amarillo??? I can promise you the Pirate fans will go wherever your schoolboard will allow the game to be played. P.S., please take us lightly and you're absolutely right, everyone out runs us to the endzone. It's a wonder we won 5 games in a tougher district considering our lack of speed....must have been our passing game.
[/quote]

Right... but tbh your defense might be worse than the Cougs defense... Against the best offense in either district... Good Luck.

You may have won 5 games... however you only beat the #4 playoff team... livingston/Ozen.

PNG/Nederland both beat you... Your running name never got off the ground vs those teams.

Our only common opponent is PNG.

41/221
6/16 109

As for having the tougher district... i believe the Cougs beat PNG and BH beat Nederland... right our district is so weak!. That scrub team Dayton is sooo bad. (Sarcasm intended)
[/quote]

[size=12pt]Rock beat scissors, Scissors beat Paper and Paper beat Rock...Got it!

It don't make a flying gnat poop who beat who, when and where now!!!

It's the playoffs!!! Anything can happen!!![/size] [size=8pt]

Like Crosby winning![/size] ;D

Guest Cap Rock Brewing Co.
Ever had an elected leader A) that you didn't vote for and B) were ashamed of? That pretty much sums up the two members of Crosby's school board in question.

I can guarantee you that Crosby would've rather have played Vidor than Pearland Dawson the last two seasons. Getting hammered by Dawson was not fun.

[quote name="BWOOD" post="1105470" timestamp="1320467265"]
[quote author=robanadana link=topic=90987.msg1105459#msg1105459 date=1320466987]
Wow this 76 vidor pirate has some issues, I guess that's how it is when your team makes the playoff's once every decade, anger builds up and you only get to talk sh** every 10 - 15 years..... just sayen
[/quote]

No issues here Matt; just proud of my team and coaches. BTW, we were in the playoffs in '09. And, if you're able to read this thread, I wasn't the one who started talking SH**, ya'll did. But I promise I have the vocabulary to answer anything you post. Bring it.
[/quote]

Be careful, Crosby's school board is not going to let them play Vidor because of your language.
[/quote]

Yeah, I know. Maybe Beaumont Ozen and Beaumont Central can testify for us. It was just a shame that ignorance has to rule the day in 2011. It could have started a great series of games. I love the fact they think we're gonna be a pushover.

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1105509" timestamp="1320469629"]
All i've got to say is get ready Crosby cuz da butch is gonna be rockin next week.
[/quote]

OMG, get your tickets early if we play the games there. Nederland-PNG-Vidor have the best fans in the area and it will be a packed house--what a day of football for the two districts would this be. Not much of a drive for Dayton-Crosby-BH and the best closest facility. Not sure if Beaumont Ozen will be able to play there.....home field.

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="robanadana" post="1105515" timestamp="1320470042"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=90987.msg1105509#msg1105509 date=1320469629]
All i've got to say is get ready Crosby cuz da butch is gonna be rockin next week.
[/quote]

OMG, get your tickets early if we play the games there. Nederland-PNG-Vidor have the best fans in the area and it will be a packed house--what a day of football for the two districts would this be. Not much of a drive for Dayton-Crosby-BH and the best closest facility. Not sure if Beaumont Ozen will be able to play there.....home field.
[/quote]
Jeff told me yesterday that if we play crosby that they both agreed to play at a neutral site, aka da butch.

Welcome to the playoffs Vidor. Unfortunately, your reservation for several weeks has been shortened to a  one week stay by a Mr. Crosby. Enjoy your stay and we will see you back here in a few years. (I kid, I kid, so dont put stupid hate replies on here Vidor fans, just stating my opinion.)

Vidor - 21
Crosby - 35

In all seriousness, I dont think Vidor has the scheme to compete with Crosby. I said it at the beginning of the year that if Vidor makes the playoffs, they will need to have a passing game to compete and so far they havent implemented much of one.

[quote name="Matt" post="1105436" timestamp="1320466519"]
[/quote]

Kind of reminds me of Lumberton when they finally made the playoffs....Vidor 2011 State Champs

[quote name="Cap Rock Brewing Co." post="1105494" timestamp="1320468395"]
Vidor has like 78% of the fan vote but everyone thinks Vidor is a pushover?
[/quote]

Can't believe you even posted this...lol, this website is based out of the GoldenTriangle.  Of course Vidor is going to get the vote geeeeeez ::)

A couple of thoughts!

If Crosby’s School Board would not have injected a social attitude towards Vidor 2-1/2 years ago, this is the situation we would have today.

1. Vidor and Crosby would have played each other in week 0 for the past two years.

2. Crosby would have been able to actually see and work on defending Vidor’s offense for the past two years.

3. Crosby would have been able to experience the atmosphere of what a true fan base can do to you in critical points of the game.

So, what are the results of Crosby’s School Board attitude?

They have seriously undermined the coaches and players to ability to prepare for Vidor and to give them the best possible chance to move to the next level.

[quote name="Cap Rock Brewing Co." post="1105425" timestamp="1320466148"]
When and where will this be played?

Should be a good game. Vidor has played and beat some good teams this year.  Crosby won't be overlooking anyone. I know that QB/LB is a heck of a football player.  The best player in 20-4A.
[/quote]

should be at Lamar's stadium or the new BISD stadium.

Lets go Pirates!!!!!

[quote name="Matt" post="1105436" timestamp="1320466519"]
[/quote]
Yea, and before that, almost ever. Although I am pulling for Vidor, there are a few annoying fans on here that will make you want to pull for the other team. It should be a good game that will come down to the wire. Vidor wont give up, just like these annoying posters you are about to hear. Go Pirates.

My opinion only, but I believe that Vidor shouldn't have to run around in circles to accomodate a school that has refused to play them based on ignorance. Not speaking badly of the team, just the school board members or administration who decided that they can't/won't play in Vidor.  If other schools don't HAVE to play on "neutral territory" then why should this game be treated any differently? I understand some games are being played on different fields to better accomodate traveling for both teams, but travel doesn't seem to be the issue in this case.

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1105633" timestamp="1320492897"]
Welcome to the playoffs Vidor. Unfortunately, your reservation for several weeks has been shortened to a  one week stay by a Mr. Crosby. Enjoy your stay and we will see you back here in a few years. (I kid, I kid, so dont put stupid hate replies on here Vidor fans, just stating my opinion.)

Vidor - 21
Crosby - 35

In all seriousness, I dont think Vidor has the scheme to compete with Crosby. I said it at the beginning of the year that if Vidor makes the playoffs, they will need to have a passing game to compete and so far they havent implemented much of one.
[/quote]Why do you think Crosby can handle our scheme? We lost 2 district games by a total of 13 points.We were 1 4th down pass away from sharing the district title with your dogs.I realize that it is your opinion but I am confused as 2 why you think Crosby is gonna man handle us? You are correct in the fact that we do not throw much but, I think this Vidor team has shown that they can do it better than past teams when they have to.This is just my opinion.

[quote name="plaball89" post="1105696" timestamp="1320500897"]
[/quote]
Yea, and before that, almost ever. Although I am pulling for Vidor, there are a few annoying fans on here that will make you want to pull for the other team. It should be a good game that will come down to the wire. Vidor wont give up, just like these annoying posters you are about to hear. Go Pirates.
[/quote]

Got news for you friend, I've been posting on and off these boards for the last decade. Vidor has had success in other sports as well; remember our basketball teams of the mid 2000's and the baseball teams. If you can't take the smack talk on this board, get outta the kitchen. The real problem is when you mid-County people think you own the rights to sports in this area. And, the future will tell if we're the "Lumberton" of this era. I believe our sports programs are a little better than that...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Kourt1
    Newest Member
    Kourt1