21-6A in 2019

2 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I heard that the whole demographics of the North Shore area is in the middle of a shift.  Over the next few years, you'll see a gradual decline I'm the NS football teams were used to seeing.  From a reliable NS source...

That little small middle school coach you talk to is not a reliable source. lmao...

3 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I heard that the whole demographics of the North Shore area is in the middle of a shift.  Over the next few years, you'll see a gradual decline I'm the NS football teams were used to seeing.  From a reliable NS source...

Decline as in they'll be consistently good as that team couple years ago that had Davis, Banks as freshmen on varsity. 

• 4 weeks later...

Week 1

Thursday, August 29th

Katy @ Galena Park North Shore

Friday, August 30th

Clear Creek @ Baytown Sterling

Beaumont United @ Houston St. Pius

Bellaire @ Beaumont West Brook

Channelview @ Aldine Nimitz

Port Arthur Memorial @ Deer Park

Clear Brook @ LaPorte

Sheldon C.E. King @ Porter

• 2 weeks later...

I was just informed by someone bringing me my BU season tickets that the West Brook vs United game that was originally scheduled for Friday, October 4th has been moved to Thursday, October 3rd.  The reason is that Friday is an off day for employees and students.  Shift workers planning to attend take note...

30 minutes ago, Alpha Wolf said:

I was just informed by someone bringing me my BU season tickets that the West Brook vs United game that was originally scheduled for Friday, October 4th has been moved to Thursday, October 3rd.  The reason is that Friday is an off day for employees and students.  Shift workers planning to attend take note...

Welp I was gonna go but our game with GCM is the same night for the exact same reason you stated. 

1 hour ago, Alpha Wolf said:

The BISD schedules confirm this:

This is the hidden content, please

Thanks for the heads up, Alpha!

43 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Looking at the stadium schedule, just realized that West Brook plays 7 of their 10 regular season games at BISD Memorial Stadium. I bet no team in the state of Texas has that many games at home stadium.

We knew that was going to happen because last year it was reversed.  United had about that many home games and West Brook had MANY away games...

7 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Looking at the stadium schedule, just realized that West Brook plays 7 of their 10 regular season games at BISD Memorial Stadium. I bet no team in the state of Texas has that many games at home stadium.

Yep, as long as they can go D2, it sets them up for another possible magical run...

On 7/9/2019 at 7:34 AM, Alpha Wolf said:

Dave Campbell's has the district finishing like this...

1.  Galena Park North Shore - D1

2.  Beaumont West Brook - D2

3.  Sheldon C.E. King - D2

4.  Channelview - D1

5.  Deer Park

6.  Beaumont United

7.  LaPorte

8.  Baytown Sterling

My guess:

North Shore (no explanation needed)

West Brook (same as above)

King (getting it going over there)

La Porte (good new coach + young talent)

Channelview (lately been in the playoff hunt)

United (having trouble putting it all together, hope I'm wrong)

Deer Park (The well is drying up)

Sterling (big chunk of their athletes now zoned to Lee)

6 hours ago, Alpha Wolf said:

Yep, as long as they can go D2, it sets them up for another possible magical run...

Thinking objectively

wb will make playoffs but 2 to 3 rounds at best.  It solely depends on that oline.  Yoeman can sling it but he ain’t nothing like lray when it comes to getting out of trouble and making plays with his feet.  IMO the oline is their weakest area.  But who knows the sophomore could be starting both ways by then and have a good run like lray did as a soph. 

I say all that but I do hope for success and another magical run

1 hour ago, RidinTheRange said:

My guess:

North Shore (no explanation needed)

West Brook (same as above)

King (getting it going over there)

La Porte (good new coach + young talent)

Channelview (lately been in the playoff hunt)

United (having trouble putting it all together, hope I'm wrong)

Deer Park (The well is drying up)

Sterling (big chunk of their athletes now zoned to Lee)

3 of those I agree with.  I'll release my district predictions after the scrimmages this Thursday and Friday...

8 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

Thinking objectively

wb will make playoffs but 2 to 3 rounds at best.  It solely depends on that oline.  Yoeman can sling it but he ain’t nothing like lray when it comes to getting out of trouble and making plays with his feet.  IMO the oline is their weakest area.  But who knows the sophomore could be starting both ways by then and have a good run like lray did as a soph. 

I say all that but I do hope for success and another magical run

Brook as far as I can remember has never had their O-Line as a weak spot and by the time district starts, it won't be one.  We'll revisit this after the first 3 weeks. 

9 minutes ago, Yeoj said:

1. North Shore

2. West Brook

3. Channelview

4. United

5. C E King

6. LaPorte

7. Deer Park

8. Btown Sterling

:):):)  Boy you are going to make sure either Channelview or Deer Park get in so Brook goes D2.  I think Deer Park has a better chance then Channelview but I will release my predictions after this weeks scrimmages...

31 minutes ago, Alpha Wolf said:

:):):)  Boy you are going to make sure either Channelview or Deer Park get in so Brook goes D2.  I think Deer Park has a better chance then Channelview but I will release my predictions after this weeks scrimmages...

Nah, that run pass option offense is good. But Deer Park is still missing the athlete at to make it go.

37 minutes ago, Alpha Wolf said:

Brook as far as I can remember has never had their O-Line as a weak spot and by the time district starts, it won't be one.  We'll revisit this after the first 3 weeks. 

They'll be fine. The offense will be more balanced. And look for the defense to be much improved.