11 4A DISTRICT

2 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

But he did start for Texas State at QB just this past season. Just answering your question.

Your memory seems to be worse than you thought or it is obviously biased towards anything Silsbee which we all know.

I guess I was more confused about eligibility in general and not really germane to this post. I thought you’d only have 2 years of eligibility at a juco... if somebody had started two years at any school, they wouldn’t have any remaining eligibility at the juco level. Am I mistaken?

More on point, I was trying to think of anybody from SETX who’d gone on to success (a “name” qb) at a big, Power 5 type school. I’d thought of Dustin Long going to A&M, but his success was more at Sam. I can’t remember watching anybody from SETX under center during a premier Saturday game in my lifetime.  Maybe Roschon changes that. 

Not knocking the kids who were mentioned at ETBU or whatever, I was just trying to think of anybody that would dispel the “SETX doesn’t develop QBs” assertion. 

2 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Your memory seems to be worse than you thought or it is obviously biased towards anything Silsbee which we all know.

That’s true. And I’m in a little bit of a dilemma, too. 

I haven’t had a kid on the BC team in a couple of years and my last marching band member finished up year before last. I think I only watched BC get their teeth kicked in three times last year. 

I moved out of the district and find myself living in HJISD, with a Kountze address, and no particular team to follow this fall. Kountze is a no-go, I think the world of Coach Dubois, but HJ is in a tough, tough district and I haven’t heard much out of Hawk fans this off-season. That leaves me with Lumberton (who should be in the DC hunt AND running the Slot T) and Silsbee as potential bandwagons I could hop on. Silsbee being most likely to be playing Thanksgiving weekend. I’m worried that I just can’t get over how much I can’t stand the Tigers. 

Maybe we should start a recruiting period to see where I should take my talents this fall. Or at least do a poll, lol. 

51 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

I haven’t had a kid on the BC team in a couple of years and my last marching band member finished up year before last. I think I only watched BC get their teeth kicked in three times last year. 

I moved out of the district and find myself living in HJISD, with a Kountze address, and no particular team to follow this fall. Kountze is a no-go, I think the world of Coach Dubois, but HJ is in a tough, tough district and I haven’t heard much out of Hawk fans this off-season. That leaves me with Lumberton (who should be in the DC hunt AND running the Slot T) and Silsbee as potential bandwagons I could hop on. Silsbee being most likely to be playing Thanksgiving weekend. I’m worried that I just can’t get over how much I can’t stand the Tigers. 

Maybe we should start a recruiting period to see where I should take my talents this fall. Or at least do a poll, lol. 

Don't count HJ out!

43 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Well, let's see, you have alienated some of our larger fan bases here (Silsbee, WO-S, Newton and Nederland that I can recall off hand....probably more that have simply slipped my mind) to the point where it may be difficult to get an offer from ANY fan base.  I hear Burkeville may be looking.

5 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

Well, let's see, you have alienated some of our larger fan bases here (Silsbee, WO-S, Newton and Nederland that I can recall off hand....probably more that have simply slipped my mind) to the point where it may be difficult to get an offer from ANY fan base.  I hear Burkeville may be looking.

I’m trying to find one close to home.... 

I’m pretty sure I’ve made fun of Burkeville, too. 

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

I guess I was more confused about eligibility in general and not really germane to this post. I thought you’d only have 2 years of eligibility at a juco... if somebody had started two years at any school, they wouldn’t have any remaining eligibility at the juco level. Am I mistaken?

More on point, I was trying to think of anybody from SETX who’d gone on to success (a “name” qb) at a big, Power 5 type school. I’d thought of Dustin Long going to A&M, but his success was more at Sam. I can’t remember watching anybody from SETX under center during a premier Saturday game in my lifetime.  Maybe Roschon changes that. 

Not knocking the kids who were mentioned at ETBU or whatever, I was just trying to think of anybody that would dispel the “SETX doesn’t develop QBs” assertion. 

So, you put more parameters on answered questions. More on point, do any D1 quarterback have to start on Sundays and win a Superbowl before "you" think they are a developed QB? How much more does a football fan need than a QB starting multiple games in multiple seasons at a big Power 5 type school to show he has developed? I think each Head Coach all across America develops their QBs to their system. Now, I'll have to agree with you that some schools provide very little help in developing a QB and hope the QB can get it on his own. 

10 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

I think the Eagles would be good for you. You could give them a test run at Lumberton during that three way scrimmage. LOL

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, FalconsRus said:

This goes without saying! Falcons are the sleeping Giant in this district. Splendora Cats caught lightening and had some things work there way last year. As I remember it We were Co Champion of the district! Please don’t forget that

Co Champs!? You do realize Huffman lost two district games and Splendora won all their district games right? That would make Splendora outright district champion. As I remember it, y'all were 2nd seed for playoffs and were NOT Co Champion of the district. 

1 hour ago, Guitar Man said:

Co Champs!? You do realize Huffman lost two district games and Splendora won all their district games right? That would make Splendora outright district champion. As I remember it, y'all were 2nd seed for playoffs and were NOT Co Champion of the district. 

I wasn’t going to say anything. If they wanna be Co Champs they can have it

On 7/9/2019 at 2:58 AM, LC-M said:

Nothin personal. BC has to go to Livingston. I think the lions are gonna be a hair better. 

Livingston had some good looking kids last year but were shy of fundamentals. If they correct some of that they could make a little noise. 

8 minutes ago, no-look said:

Livingston had some good looking kids last year but were shy of fundamentals. If they correct some of that they could make a little noise. 

I agree they have a good receiver. Qb wasn’t to accurate. I think they might be another year out. They will be better

11 hours ago, Guitar Man said:

Splendora was first, Huffman and Lumberton tied for 2nd, LCM got 4th.

12 hours ago, JasperDAWG said:

Liberty Hill has never played Carthage in a State Championship game. They beat Celina in 2006 then Gilmer in 2007.

My apologies.  I looked at the wrong box!  It was the game before State.  But they did beat Carthage  none the less!

4 hours ago, FalconsRus said:

What can you say???

you do remember how your team played last season right? Are you aware of what’s returning to your squad? I strongly suggest you don’t say anything or remain neutral when discussing other towns. 

My apologies for the mis comment I made, but please don’t think we will allow LiCeM fans to troll the FALCONS (We Are). You guys suck!

You must still be in High school. I have nothing against Huffman but y’all are not world beaters so you might want to relax. We are returning almost the whole team back.Im assuming you don’t keep up. Huffman has had  LCM number in football. Oh yeah we suck.” Lickem”

As there seems to be differing accounts on the final standings in 11-4A-I here they are:

logo.png

2018 HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL STANDINGS

11-4A-I

School                                         W  L            W   L

District       Overall

1-Splendora                                  5    0             9    1

2-Huffman Hargrave                   3    2             5     5

3-Little Cypress-Mauriceville     3    2             4     6

4-Lumberton                                 3    2             5     5

Bridge City                                    1    4             2     8

Livingston                                     0    5             0     10

14 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

As there seems to be differing accounts on the final standings in 11-4A-I here they are:

logo.png

2018 HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL STANDINGS

11-4A-I

School                                         W  L            W   L

District       Overall

1-Splendora                                  5    0             9    1

2-Huffman Hargrave                   3    2             5     5

3-Little Cypress-Mauriceville     3    2             4     6

4-Lumberton                                 3    2             5     5

Bridge City                                    1    4             2     8

Livingston                                     0    5             0     10

Thanks buddy I think Lumberton and Huffman have short memories. I guess that’s a good thing.