10 hours ago, LC-M said:

I'm gonna predict

Splendora

LCM

Huffman

Lumberton

Livingston

Bridge City

I hope he doesn't but if the kid that I was told might be leaving BU and transferring to LC-M does so, you might be able to push for that district title.  I'll try to get a concrete answer before I release anymore information...

49 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

The freshman team at BC in 16 went undefeated in district, if not the season.... I can’t remember. That group will be seniors this year. 

I have no such expectations for this fall. 

I think BC will still play us hard, if we have no injuries we should make the playoffs lol

16 hours ago, LC-M said:

I'm gonna predict

Splendora

LCM

Huffman

Lumberton

Livingston

Bridge City

I think Splendora will be district champion most likely, but I honestly couldn't tell you who will take 2nd, 3rd, or 4th. The teams are so close together when it comes to talent. I wouldn't be surprised of any one of these teams shocks Splendora, or we see a co-champ situation. The 3 schools: LCM, Lumberton, and Huffman will be interesting to follow from week to week. I'm excited to see how it all shakes out! 

20 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Wow.  Interesting.   Well, they did run a smashmouth style of offense when they were dominant in 2008 and 2009...

That’s always what’s worked for us, running the ball. Back then we were in two back sets, I formation or split back. Hopefully the slot t will trick some people and we can get some holes opened up. Seems to work pretty good in 4A if executed correctly.

9 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

That’s always what’s worked for us, running the ball. Back then we were in two back sets, I formation or split back. Hopefully the slot t will trick some people and we can get some holes opened up. Seems to work pretty good in 4A if executed correctly.

It works awesome if you have good clock management and a decent defense.  

It also helps if your district opponents only see it when they play you.  Between BC, Lum and possibly LiCk'eM running some form of it, there's not gonna be a lot of novelty in running it later in District play.  The flip side is that your defense will suffer when facing a passing attack because the only time that they defend a decent passing attack is on Friday nights.  Some of that can be made up with sheer athleticism in the secondary, but I don't think Lum has those kind of horses in the stable.  

We had a lot of success under Dubois with a decent group of kids using the slot T.  We beat talented teams like Silsbee and Center and bigger schools like Huffman, LiCk'eM, etc... It's a great equalizer against bigger/more talented kids if utilized correctly.  I think a slot T with a mixed in passing attack like Pleasant Grove ran against a much better WOS team in '17 could hurt a lot of feelings.  I know we hurt our fair share without (sorry Tiger fans) a passing threat.  

If I'm not mistaken, Babin was a Slot T guy before he took the job in Lumberton.  Getting the system installed and utilized correctly is another huge key.  The other thing is that you MUST have disciplined fat kids if you want to succeed.  You're not gonna be very successful with a 175 lb center, no offense.  

22 minutes ago, STL.22 said:

Question is how long does it actually take to figure out that it's not gonna work! Try something new! Lumberton is not built for it never was and never will be. There is no SCRAP in those kids

You gotta be that same guy that didnt let up off babin and those Lumb kids last year lol

31 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

It also helps if your district opponents only see it when they play you.  Between BC, Lum and possibly LiCk'eM running some form of it, there's not gonna be a lot of novelty in running it later in District play.  The flip side is that your defense will suffer when facing a passing attack because the only time that they defend a decent passing attack is on Friday nights.  Some of that can be made up with sheer athleticism in the secondary, but I don't think Lum has those kind of horses in the stable.  

We had a lot of success under Dubois with a decent group of kids using the slot T.  We beat talented teams like Silsbee and Center and bigger schools like Huffman, LiCk'eM, etc... It's a great equalizer against bigger/more talented kids if utilized correctly.  I think a slot T with a mixed in passing attack like Pleasant Grove ran against a much better WOS team in '17 could hurt a lot of feelings.  I know we hurt our fair share without (sorry Tiger fans) a passing threat.  

If I'm not mistaken, Babin was a Slot T guy before he took the job in Lumberton.  Getting the system installed and utilized correctly is another huge key.  The other thing is that you MUST have disciplined fat kids if you want to succeed.  You're not gonna be very successful with a 175 lb center, no offense.  

Your correct it does help when no see the offense on a regularly bases. We run the wing t in jr high to Jv. Then varsity gets to run the spread offense.  

49 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

And let's not forget what Liberty Hill did to Cartage in the state Championship running the Slot-T.  If done right, it's formidable! 

43 minutes ago, STL.22 said:

Question is how long does it actually take to figure out that it's not gonna work! Try something new! Lumberton is not built for it never was and never will be. There is no SCRAP in those kids

This is something new. And what do you suggest we run? Let me guess, spread offense? 5 wide?

10 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

Why in the world do yall do that? 

10 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

Why in the world do yall do that? 

That’s very good  question. We never develop a quarter back. Our OC is wing t guy. That’s the system our HC has us running. I’m not true fan of it. I’m hoping when everyone retires and the new guy comes in he would change that.