Will Silsbee have a chance at state next year?

19 hours ago, bradyb said:

Impossible for this to ever be determined lol but Bush, Harrison, and Hefner are the 3 best players in the area. Hefner has the most potential to go the farthest because of his height and skill set and I think that everyone understand that. Bush is the dog of the group that has the killer instinct and can shoot from anywhere. We all know the only thing that is holding him back from going big time D1 is his height. Harrison is so smooth and really gets his teammates involved. Very very good PG 

Hefners height advantage will not be nearly as pronounced a year from now as it is now.

39 minutes ago, stevenash said:

Hefners height advantage will not be nearly as pronounced a year from now as it is now.

He’s 6-4 or 6-5 and more athletic than anyone mentioned ITT.   The combination is why he is being recruited on a whole different level than some others mentioned.  

6 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

He’s 6-4 or 6-5 and more athletic than anyone mentioned ITT.   The combination is why he is being recruited on a whole different level than some others mentioned.  

Not to mention he is top 5 in his class at Nederland. Zero issues getting qualified academically

19 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

I am simply suggesting that, at the level in which he is being recruited, he will not stick out like a sore thumb amongst his peers.  He will encounter a lot more of Quentin Grimes types at the next level. 

33 minutes ago, stevenash said:

I am simply suggesting that, at the level in which he is being recruited, he will not stick out like a sore thumb amongst his peers.  He will encounter a lot more of Quentin Grimes types at the next level. 

Absolutely.   There are levels to basketball like everything else in life.  He will be at a level with other kids who are at his level.  

On 7/6/2019 at 3:15 PM, BADSANTA said:

How will Silsbee stack up vs the Region? I know Yates will be stacked as usual. 

Everyone has a chance to get there.  Keep in mind Silsbee graduated about 60 points a game from last year's team...that didn't make it to state.  I think the region as a whole is wide open with no clear favorite.

On 7/8/2019 at 8:08 PM, no-look said:

Yates lost a lot but will probably have a few move-ins. Silsbee could make some noise if Bush stays(heard rumblings he could leave). One of the teams to beat IMHO will be Waco Connally.  HJ should be in the mix. They will be young but I’ve heard good things. The Sears kid will be one of the better sophomores around. 

Yates didnt lose but 2 or 3 kids. 2 of the top 3 return. 

1 hour ago, BADSANTA said:

Yates didnt lose but 2 or 3 kids. 2 of the top 3 return. 

And Wise has a much bigger recruiting budget than Sig ;) so you know there are going to be some kids there we haven’t anticipated.  

Haven’t really seen much of the younger silsbee kids but anxious to do so.   One thing is for certain, even with Bush, he’s going to need some help against that relentless pressure.   Too much for almost any one guard to fade on his own  

That other big kid from HJ didn't do much but want to shoot 3s in the game I saw him play. I think he was 6`6 or something. Didn't seem like he was much of a factor in the Silsbee games.

One thing that's gonna hurt early on is Silsbee is not having a full squad till after football this year. One or two starters will be missing for a while. Didn't matter as much this past season with Devon and Jordyn holding it down.

On 7/12/2019 at 4:26 PM, TxHoops said:

And Wise has a much bigger recruiting budget than Sig ;) so you know there are going to be some kids there we haven’t anticipated.  

Haven’t really seen much of the younger silsbee kids but anxious to do so.   One thing is for certain, even with Bush, he’s going to need some help against that relentless pressure.   Too much for almost any one guard to fade on his own  

Wise & Yates are in the middle of a basketball crossroads.  All kinds of b ball talent is flowing around there.  Wise will catch his share. Still, Silsbee showed me that a small town with a good program can go up against anybody in 4A especially.