Will Silsbee have a chance at state next year?

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Sure.  K. Harrison right now is head and shoulders IMO better than  the next best kid in this area.  And Heff is NOT the second best player in this area, IMHO. I can elaborate more, but we have until mid March to confirm my suspicions for the past 3 years...

LOL I'm very biased of Kasen but Hefner, who's pretty close to 6'7 now, is ranked like 14th on 24/7 in the state of Texas. Kasen has some flaws that have kept him from being in that category(shooting off the dribble, using his left hand at the rim more) right now, but he puts in work every day. Hefner is on another level, his ceiling is limitless.

1 hour ago, 2020VISION said:

LOL I'm very biased of Kasen but Hefner, who's pretty close to 6'7 now, is ranked like 14th on 24/7 in the state of Texas. Kasen has some flaws that have kept him from being in that category(shooting off the dribble, using his left hand at the rim more) right now, but he puts in work every day. Hefner is on another level, his ceiling is limitless.

Sobthe rankings are based off qho has the highest ceiling?  Youd figure  it was who's  better now, who makes their team better and who shows up to the BIG game.   I guess it's  safe to say I look for different things than 'the experts'.  They're the same ones that pick a player based off the look than weather  or not they can ball on the big stage...  

I hope I have a chance to see all of the kids on AAW's list play this year and I hope they all ball out.

10 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Sobthe rankings are based off qho has the highest ceiling?  Youd figure  it was who's  better now, who makes their team better and who shows up to the BIG game.   I guess it's  safe to say I look for different things than 'the experts'.  They're the same ones that pick a player based off the look than weather  or not they can ball on the big stage...  

I hope I have a chance to see all of the kids on AAW's list play this year and I hope they all ball out.

Dude get a new keyboard app. 

No, the rankings are usually a pretty good gauge, but with having both kids play with me and against my teams for the last 5 years I can tell you Hefner is the real deal and the best talent I've seen in SETX since J'Covan Brown. The BIG games you speak of are rarely in school ball unfortunately. They come at Live events in July and Hayden plays at an extremely high level. These kids know that school ball now has taken a back seat to AAU and as bad as I hate to admit that, it's the truth. They get their offers at AAU tournaments mostly, not after a high school game. 

Edit: Kasen is probably the best Traditional PG come out of this area, but he's not the best overall player and that comes from someone that has spent hours and hours in the gym with him. It's also a motivation for him.

1 hour ago, Who That said:

I see Jones from Silsbee making some noise next year to as a freshman. Cartwright will shine too... 

Silsbee should be able to still handle up on most teams in the state if everyone plays. That's the big question I've heard from the guys around there. Some from last years team might not even play.

Silsbee has talented kids on the way, but I do think inexperience will keep them from making it to state. Jones and Baltrip should make an impact. Elam may get moved up to varsity or at least JV, I don't know. Hope he shoots up in height just a bit over the summer.

No state next year, but the not-so-distant future for the Tigers is very bright :)

16 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Every player state rankings list I have seen has Hefner top 20. That includes Hicks and Doug Jones. Highest I have seen Harrison is like 55.

Going by the offers alone, Hefner is by far the best in the area.

Kasen will fly up those rankings this year imo. There should be no question about this United team being favorites to win state and I think he should be an all-state selection also. I can see him in top 25 soon. He was advised by UH to hold off his commit to Lamar after destroying one of their top recruits Jamal Shead on campus a few weeks ago, but he felt most comfortable with Lamar being his first offer. So after he takes his SAT and ACT and a run at a state championship he should definitely get bigger offers, he just hasn't been on "The Circuit" as much as Hayden has.

I think the question before us concerned Silsbee's chances of winning the region and returning to state. Unless I am badly mistaken at Number 35 Bush is the highest ranked AAAA player in Region 3. To make a return to state the Tigers will have to come up with a lot more depth than they had last year. There is a whole year between before that trip will be determined and I am looking forward to seeing how Coach Sigler develops some of his young talent this year. 

This stuff runs in cycles, especially in small towns like Silsbee. Instead of making it to state a more realistic goal would be to win district and then making some noise in the playoffs.  

The whole Devon McCain era was great, magical even.   Hopefully it will all fall together again in the future, but it won't be next season.

3 hours ago, Kountzer said:

This stuff runs in cycles, especially in small towns like Silsbee. Instead of making it to state a more realistic goal would be to win district and then making some noise in the playoffs.  

The whole Devon McCain era was great, magical even.   Hopefully it will all fall together again in the future, but it won't be next season.

I wonder if there is another wave of special talent coming up?  We all knew a long time ago about the talent coming up the ranks with Devon and crew...

14 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I wonder if there is another wave of special talent coming up?  We all knew a long time ago about the talent coming up the ranks with Devon and crew...

We knew with lil dribblers. Idk now. How long Sig sticks around is the bigger question. 

Silsbee will be good this year. How for they go will be anybody's guess. The next 4 years after this year go ahead and get your tickets ready.. Silsbee has a team in the making next few years that could definitely make alot more nose than the last 4 years with two State Championships. If you can believe it lol...! They will be back at the top. SIG" knows what he has coming  and Devon and Jordyn will tell you the same. And folks from Silsbee know what I'm talking about. :)

1 hour ago, Who That said:

Silsbee will be good this year. How for they go will be anybody's guess. The next 4 years after this year go ahead and get your tickets ready.. Silsbee has a team in the making next few years that could definitely make alot more nose than the last 4 years with two State Championships. If you can believe it lol...! They will be back at the top. SIG" knows what he has coming  and Devon and Jordyn will tell you the same. And folks from Silsbee know what I'm talking about. :)

How much more noise can a team make?

1 hour ago, TxHoops said:

3 consecutive state championship appearances with 2 championships in 3 years.   I think you can get all the action you want on that not being duplicated.  In the history of the state (not just a town), that hasn’t been done very often.  

I agree.

How about we not put so much undue pressure on these kids? Stating this particular group will be just as good or better than this past group that just graduated is a bit unfair.

Impossible for this to ever be determined lol but Bush, Harrison, and Hefner are the 3 best players in the area. Hefner has the most potential to go the farthest because of his height and skill set and I think that everyone understand that. Bush is the dog of the group that has the killer instinct and can shoot from anywhere. We all know the only thing that is holding him back from going big time D1 is his height. Harrison is so smooth and really gets his teammates involved. Very very good PG