6A Div. 1

Guest ECBucFan

Guest ECBucFan

Who do you have for the semi's and finals? Will it be Katy - NS winner against Allen - Duncanville winner again? Who else in the state can break through? 

Guest ECBucFan

It was amazing what North Shore overcame last year in the Final game. They ahad to drive up to Dallas, play home team Duncanville, and have the game officiated by a 100% DALLAS CREW. 

The officiating was an atrocity. The crew was led by Dallas official Grady Dale. I think NS was penalized 13 time and Duncanville just 3 times. Grady Dale became known as "Yoda" on other message boards. 

Never again should the UIL not have neutral officials. San Antonio, Austin, or West TX crews should be used in a Houston - Dallas matchup. Of course, I suspect the UIL will repetativly bungle this, too.   

6 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

I will never forget the look on Duncanville HC last year at state. Like he had never seen a team good. North Shore all the way.

That look on his face was from thinking about: losing state at Dallas Lincoln, having a beast at Skyline only to see his D couldn't stop Kyler and then thinking he had that ship finally locked up only to have the football gawds snatch it away. 

21 hours ago, ECBucFan said:

It was amazing what North Shore overcame last year in the Final game. They ahad to drive up to Dallas, play home team Duncanville, and have the game officiated by a 100% DALLAS CREW. 

The officiating was an atrocity. The crew was led by Dallas official Grady Dale. I think NS was penalized 13 time and Duncanville just 3 times. Grady Dale became known as "Yoda" on other message boards. 

Never again should the UIL not have neutral officials. San Antonio, Austin, or West TX crews should be used in a Houston - Dallas matchup. Of course, I suspect the UIL will repetativly bungle this, too.   

1. State Championships are not in Dallas. They are in Arlington. It’s the same as saying something like look that Houston team almost beating Longview in West Brook. Or calling WOS a Houston school. Two completely different places. 

2. Houston had its chance to host the state championships a few years ago and the city didn’t show up. In Arlington people show up especially since its neutral for the 2A-4A games and 1A is close for half the schools. Money matters because yes UIL keeps a percentage but a lot goes to he schools playing to help fund athletics. Plus every athlete gets national tv coverage playing in an NFL stadium otherwise only 6A and possibly 5A would get to be on tv. I think a 1A player actually got a D1 scholarship based on the state championship game last year.

3. North Shore agreed to the officials. I can’t recall exactly but it was either they said yes to Dallas straight up or it was a coin flip between Dallas or Houston refs. Both schools said that those were the only two chapters who they thought could keep up with their pace. 

It isn’t some conspiracy to make sure DFW teams win at the higher levels. Houston had a chance to host and the city didn’t even realize the games were there. 

As for this year North Shore will win against Duncanville again. Duncanville maybe on a downturn now that Mathis is back next door but they got this year to win one.   

Guest ECBucFan
1 hour ago, RaiderRed30 said:

1. State Championships are not in Dallas. They are in Arlington. It’s the same as saying something like look that Houston team almost beating Longview in West Brook. Or calling WOS a Houston school. Two completely different places. 

2. Houston had its chance to host the state championships a few years ago and the city didn’t show up. In Arlington people show up especially since its neutral for the 2A-4A games and 1A is close for half the schools. Money matters because yes UIL keeps a percentage but a lot goes to he schools playing to help fund athletics. Plus every athlete gets national tv coverage playing in an NFL stadium otherwise only 6A and possibly 5A would get to be on tv. I think a 1A player actually got a D1 scholarship based on the state championship game last year.

3. North Shore agreed to the officials. I can’t recall exactly but it was either they said yes to Dallas straight up or it was a coin flip between Dallas or Houston refs. Both schools said that those were the only two chapters who they thought could keep up with their pace. 

It isn’t some conspiracy to make sure DFW teams win at the higher levels. Houston had a chance to host and the city didn’t even realize the games were there. 

As for this year North Shore will win against Duncanville again. Duncanville maybe on a downturn now that Mathis is back next door but they got this year to win one.   

This irritates me. You put words and thoughts into my mouth that are not there.

1. "State Championships are not in Dallas. They are in Arlington."

OH PULEEZE. SERIOUSLY, DID YOU JUST SAY THAT?? I just mapped it. Its the exact same distance from Duncanville HS to AT&T as it is to downtown Dallas. A whole 15 miles. NS to AT&T is 280 miles, over 4 hours.  

2. Did I even MENTION Houston? NO

3. I don;'t care if NS "agreed" or not. Where did you get that info from? Are you on the NS coaching Staff? Do you know they "agreed' for a fact?? Are you saying CenTex officials can "keep up"? NS probably lost a flip. 

Here is a FACT for you. Penalties: NS 10 – 107 Duncanville just 2-15. If NS even breathed on a DV player they were flagged. meanwhile, DV could comit murder without penalty. I still have the game on DVR. In first quarter alone, a DV defender absolutly palnted a NS rb three steps out of bounds, NO CALL.  Just before that, a NS defender touched the QB and got a 15 yd penalty that sustained a DV scoring dive. There is a reason "Yoda" was ridiculed on the internet. Get your facts straight.    

34 minutes ago, ECBucFan said:

OH PULEEZE. SERIOUSLY, DID YOU JUST SAY THAT?? I just mapped it. Its the exact same distance from Duncanville HS to AT&T as it is to downtown Dallas. A whole 15 miles. NS to AT&T is 280 miles, over 4 hours.  

3. I don;'t care if NS "agreed" or not. Where did you get that info from? Are you on the NS coaching Staff? Do you know they "agreed' for a fact?? Are you saying CenTex officials can "keep up"? NS probably lost a flip. 

Here is a FACT for you. Penalties: NS 10 – 107 Duncanville just 2-15. If NS even breathed on a DV player they were flagged. meanwhile, DV could comit murder without penalty. I still have the game on DVR. In first quarter alone, a DV defender absolutly palnted a NS rb three steps out of bounds, NO CALL.  Just before that, a NS defender touched the QB and got a 15 yd penalty that sustained a DV scoring dive. There is a reason "Yoda" was ridiculed on the internet. Get your facts straight.    

1. You stated that North Shore drove to Dallas. They did not they drove to Arlington a completely different city. How would you like it if everyone referred to East Chambers as Hamshire East Chambers. It would be wrong but they are close so it's okay to say Hamshire East Chambers. More than likely North Shore didn't get within 40 miles of Dallas by taking 287 from Ennis.

2. You implied Houston by stating that Duncanville was the home team. The fact that the games were closer to Duncanville than to North Shore is because Houston fans didn't show up when given the chance. 

3. The referee situation was mentioned multiple times during the broadcast and on twitter by journalists. Yes the coaches stated that they wanted refs who knew their styles and could keep up with pace. It was probably a coin flip. 

My facts are straight. I didn't say anything about the refs being fair or not, just that it wasn't some conspiracy. 

11 hours ago, ECBucFan said:

No need to go back and forth with this guy.  We understand your point when referencing the two cities.  Everyone except him understands that the schools located AROUND the Dallas area are at an advantage when playing at Cowboys stadium vs the schools AROUND the Houston area.  If for no other reason by getting to sleep in their beds the night before the game which means they don't have to change their normal routine...

24 minutes ago, Alpha Wolf said:

No need to go back and forth with this guy.  We understand your point when referencing the two cities.  Everyone except him understands that the schools located AROUND the Dallas area are at an advantage when playing at Cowboys stadium vs the schools AROUND the Houston area.  If for no other reason by getting to sleep in their beds the night before the game which means they don't have to change their normal routine...

Where did I ever say that the Dallas or Fort Worth teams do not have a competitive advantage? I said the state championships are not in Dallas but Arlington. It’s a completely separate place and a slap in the face to people from Arlington. Never have I said that it is not an advantage in the upper levels when it’s Dallas or Fort Worth teams against Houston or other teams to have the games closer to them, just that normally the lower levels Cowboys Stadium is neutral  distance wise. I also said that when Houston was given the opportunity they did not take advantage with a lot less fans coming that weekend than other years. 

How do people feel when they hear how good Houston basketball is from outsiders and the outsiders are talking about Silsbee or East Chambers? Or Houston football and then speak about Memorial, WOS or West Brook? Southeast Texas takes pride in having their region with all the schools representing it and you can’t say that when people try to say Houston you don’t want to correct them or that it doesn’t bother a Little because it belittles the region. Arlington takes pride in being the go to place in the metroplex with Six Flags, the Rangers, Cowboys Stadium and even the mall. I only take issue in stating the championships are in Dallas when they are 35 miles away in another city that has over 400k people and even another county with the same population. It’s been almost 10 years the games have been held in Cowboys Stadium give Arlington the respect it deserves and say the games are there. 

15 hours ago, RaiderRed30 said:

1. You stated that North Shore drove to Dallas. They did not they drove to Arlington a completely different city. How would you like it if everyone referred to East Chambers as Hamshire East Chambers. It would be wrong but they are close so it's okay to say Hamshire East Chambers. More than likely North Shore didn't get within 40 miles of Dallas by taking 287 from Ennis.

2. You implied Houston by stating that Duncanville was the home team. The fact that the games were closer to Duncanville than to North Shore is because Houston fans didn't show up when given the chance. 

3. The referee situation was mentioned multiple times during the broadcast and on twitter by journalists. Yes the coaches stated that they wanted refs who knew their styles and could keep up with pace. It was probably a coin flip. 

My facts are straight. I didn't say anything about the refs being fair or not, just that it wasn't some conspiracy. 

You tripping bruh bruh!!

1 hour ago, RaiderRed30 said:

Where did I ever say that the Dallas or Fort Worth teams do not have a competitive advantage? I said the state championships are not in Dallas but Arlington. It’s a completely separate place and a slap in the face to people from Arlington. Never have I said that it is not an advantage in the upper levels when it’s Dallas or Fort Worth teams against Houston or other teams to have the games closer to them, just that normally the lower levels Cowboys Stadium is neutral  distance wise. I also said that when Houston was given the opportunity they did not take advantage with a lot less fans coming that weekend than other years. 

How do people feel when they hear how good Houston basketball is from outsiders and the outsiders are talking about Silsbee or East Chambers? Or Houston football and then speak about Memorial, WOS or West Brook? Southeast Texas takes pride in having their region with all the schools representing it and you can’t say that when people try to say Houston you don’t want to correct them or that it doesn’t bother a Little because it belittles the region. Arlington takes pride in being the go to place in the metroplex with Six Flags, the Rangers, Cowboys Stadium and even the mall. I only take issue in stating the championships are in Dallas when they are 35 miles away in another city that has over 400k people and even another county with the same population. It’s been almost 10 years the games have been held in Cowboys Stadium give Arlington the respect it deserves and say the games are there. 

Respect??? Last I heard they were called the DALLAS Cowboys, and  to be technical north shore isn’t in Houston’s city limits or school district. As far as the teams that are on the outskirts being labeled as Houston teams is because they beat and  have to beat and play Houston teams to get to state. Houston is in the center of  the region ...and also with Houston comes  exposure check the aau rosters every good player within a 100 mile radius will play on a Houston aau team. There’s a reason for that.

Edited by bayou city 713
Grammar

Just now, bayou city 713 said:

Respect??? Last I heard they were called the DALLAS Cowboys, and  to be technical north shore isn’t in Houston’s city limits or school district. As far as the teams that are on the outskirts being labeled as Houston teams is because they beat and  have to beat and play Houston teams to get to state. Houston is in the center of  the region ...and also with Houston comes  exposure check the aau rosters every good player within a 100 mile radius will play on a Houston aau team. There’s a reason for that.

The Arlington Cowboys?  Enough said...

Guest ECBucFan
On 7/8/2019 at 9:13 AM, bayou city 713 said:

WORD!

Guest ECBucFan

How some people can possibly contort fact to try and spin Duncanville is somehow NOT a "Dallas team" is beyond me.

BTW I have driven from Dallas to Duncanville and vice versa more than once. You CANNOT tell where one ends and the other begins. Duh.   

• 3 weeks later...