Best QB in Silsbee High School History??

BADSANTA

15 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

If the criteria for this honor is strictly high school career, then in my humble opinion the player should come from this list:

Bobby McGallion

Randy Mathews

Brian Doss

Philip Lindsey

Jeremy Johnson

Patrick Reed

Dontre Thomas

Very good list

21 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Who was the kid that had the big numbers in 15 or 16? Was that Reed?

Thomas

Had 74 total TD's (rushing and passing) total offense of over 5000 yards in one season. All Silsbee records (also pass attempts, completions, TD's passes, passing yards for a season)

2 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

To this day it amazes me Dontre Thomas didnt win the Willie Ray Smith Award. I know th kid from WOS won state, but the number Thomas put and going 4 rounds deep had to count for something. 

It did.... second place. The Legend of Jack Dallas was the clear choice that year.  

He's got a ring to prove it.

2 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

It did.... second place. The Legend of Jack Dallas was the clear choice that year.  

If he was the clear choice that year, why wasn't he the clear choice the following year when HE won state that year as well?

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

If he was the clear choice that year, why wasn't he the clear choice the following year when HE won state that year as well?

It's all politics. His senior year was his best. Finishing up with back to back titles. And a 20 something game winning streak. Maybe some of the voters that read this can explain it better. But how long has it been since there was a back to back winner?

3 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

I know this horse has been beat on plenty of occasions, but WRS award is an individual award. Dontre had much better numbers. Jack Dallas had a lot of help from his defense while dontre had barely any help from his.

37 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

It's all politics. His senior year was his best. Finishing up with back to back titles. And a 20 something game winning streak. Maybe some of the voters that read this can explain it better. But how long has it been since there was a back to back winner?

I am a WRS voter and to my knowledge there has never been a back to back winner.

My problem with some of the voters in this situation was they used a certain criteria to vote for Jack his junior year but chose not to use that same criteria his senior year.

51 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I am a WRS voter and to my knowledge there has never been a back to back winner.

My problem with some of the voters in this situation was they used a certain criteria to vote for Jack his junior year but chose not to use that same criteria his senior year.

Thank you. My point exactly.

Sorry, I have no input on best silsbee QB.