2019 HULL-DAISETTA BOBCATS

This is the hidden content, please

2019 FOOTBALL TEAM PREVIEWS

HULL-DAISETTA BOBCATS

2018 Record: 5-5 Overall, 1-4 District

5th Place in District 12-2A-I

The 2018 season was a tough year for the Hull-Daisetta Wildcats as the move to 12-2A-I proved tougher than hoped and the Wildcats fell to 1-4.  In order to get back in the playoff picture, Head Coach Stan Hodges will look to a young squad as four starters on each side of the ball.

Head Coach: Stan Hodges

Assistant Coaches: Dean Womack (Offensive Coordinator), Trent Wallace (Defensive Coordinator)

Offense:

Four starters return to the Hull-Daisetta offense in 2019.  Among those competing for time at quarterback will be freshman Landyn Sellers.  Sharing the rushing load will be senior tailback Kole Fraudenberger, junior running back Terrick Peterson (12-2A-I Co-Offensive Newcomer of the Year) and freshman full back Landon Victorian. Junior receiver Blaze Drake, junior tight end Bryce Aguirre (who returns from injury), freshman wide out Devante Broussard and freshman tight end Nian Beck will lead the Bobcat receiver corp.  Juniors Paul Goodman and Deon Reed and seniors Jacob Hall (state champion powerlifter) and Caleb Hall will lead the way up front.

Defense:

Four starters also return to the Hull-Daisetta defense.  Peterson will line up at defensive end along with Aguirre with Reed lining up at nose guard.  Beck and Victorian will also see time on the line.  Drake and Sellars will line up at linebacker.  Fraudenberger (1st team all-district) will anchor the Bobcat secondary that will also include Broussard.

Special Teams:

Special teams positions will be finalized at summer practice.

Schedule:

Aug. 30 - Burkeville, 7:30 pm

Sept. 6 - at West Hardin, 7:30 pm

Sept. 13 - at Sabine Pass, 7:30 pm

Sept. 20 - Cushing, 7:00 pm

Sept. 27 - Kountze, 7:30 pm

Oct. 4 - OPEN

Oct. 11 - at San Augustine, 7:00 pm*

Oct. 18 - Deweyville, 7:00 pm*

Oct. 25 - at Shelbyville, 7:00 pm*

Nov. 1 - at West Sabine, 7:00 pm*

Nov. 8 - Groveton, 7:00 pm*