Some local district predictions

20 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Good, you can sit with Mouse, Me, Big D and Soulja. Lol. Btw: I'll be at the Png vs Tomball game the previous night. 

havent seen Mouse and Big D in years, Robert Sells has been busy with his sons games the last 3 years, I can hear them peanut shells cracking now. If there isn't any peanuts the old Biaplayer may show up lol

7 minutes ago, biaplayer said:

you always say you gonna come to a PNG game and then gametime comes and poof you not there. lol Ready to watch Boast, think he will be one hell of a QB.

Usually cause I watch for free. Lol

But change in plans, coach just told me it's a Friday game. (United @ Memorial) 

5 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

You just wanna go fish that Saturday

Now I have to see which Humble school has a game that Saturday. Hopefully Summer Creek. 

Ha ha, man I sold the Skeeter until I get these other 3 out of high school so I haven't been doing much fishing. 

5 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

So that was the agreement.  Man.  Couple more years without fishing.  Man, that's tough.  Lol

Sacrifice is what I call it.  Trying to decide if when the time comes should I get me another boat or try something different like a Vette.  But after seeing this video of this Hellcat outrun police on I-10 and Hwy. 73, that might be my next toy. #JUSTINCASE :)

Were you able to find out if St. Pius was able to reload for this upcoming season?  I know they lost their QB but they are allowed to offer scholarships and recruit.  For what it's worth, our JV beat their JV 28-0...

2 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Not sure why it posted like that but yeah I just watched that LP game, their announcers were even shocked United pulled a Chris Webber. 

Where did you watch it at?  I think my boy caught the first TD in that game if my memory serves me correct.

11 minutes ago, Alpha Wolf said:

Do you think they will let me wear my hockey mask since it will be Friday the 13th? :)

They let ppl with all kinds of weird costumes in on Halloween when we have games, I reckon they wouldn't say anything unless a ruckus breaks out, our folks are pretty lenient. 

Oh that LP game was on youtube. 

18 minutes ago, Alpha Wolf said:

Sacrifice is what I call it.  Trying to decide if when the time comes should I get me another boat or try something different like a Vette.  But after seeing this video of this Hellcat outrun police on I-10 and Hwy. 73, that might be my next toy. #JUSTINCASE :)

Were you able to find out if St. Pius was able to reload for this upcoming season?  I know they lost their QB but they are allowed to offer scholarships and recruit.  For what it's worth, our JV beat their JV 28-0...

I saw it live when it happened.  The perp was apprehended after running our of gas, FYI.  Lol

I really don't know what they have coming back. BG seems to think they reload and will be good again next year.  So we'll see...

3 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I just checked our maxpreps for the first time in a few weeks, it has changed from the 13th to the 14th at 6pm. That's even better for me, i can catch another game that Friday. No excuse for it not to be a big crowd that Saturday evening, better than a 3pm or 4pm kickoff like last yr.

Not Homecoming, first home game though. 

Just trying to build a little fire.

13 hours ago, Reagan said:

It's WOS's to lose.  It'll take more than one win by Silsbee to convince me they are going to d-throne WOS.  And PN-G winning the district -- prolly not!

What's the basis for PNG not winning district?

The way I see it, PNG is bringing back a solid core from a solid defense and a solid core from a solid offense. Yes, we won't have Roschon anymore, but we have a good QB coming up who has already proven, at the varsity level, an ability to be accurate in passing, smart with the ball, and a strong runner. We will be a tough team. We also have one of the top offensive linemen in the state. Defense seems to be looking up. Don't count out the Indians -- We've had a piece of every district championship of the last 5 years (Co-District in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018). So it's not exactly far-fetched to suggest we end up at the top again.

I see the district a lot like I did at the beginning of last year -- I think the champion will be either Nederland, PNG, or Crosby (even with all of their recent problems). 

I'm more skeptical about Silsbee beating West Orange. I'm not sure anyone has ever beaten West Orange two years in a row, at least not in the last 20 years or so. Someone tell me if I'm wrong about that. Silsbee will be hungry and they have the momentum of a state-championship run, but West Orange isn't going anywhere until they show us otherwise. 

14 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

They let ppl with all kinds of weird costumes in on Halloween when we have games, I reckon they wouldn't say anything unless a ruckus breaks out, our folks are pretty lenient. 

Oh that LP game was on youtube. 

Soulja, we need to get us some sponsors and be the commentators for BU football...

12 hours ago, Rez Ipsa said:

What's the basis for PNG not winning district?

The way I see it, PNG is bringing back a solid core from a solid defense and a solid core from a solid offense. Yes, we won't have Roschon anymore, but we have a good QB coming up who has already proven, at the varsity level, an ability to be accurate in passing, smart with the ball, and a strong runner. We will be a tough team. We also have one of the top offensive linemen in the state. Defense seems to be looking up. Don't count out the Indians -- We've had a piece of every district championship of the last 5 years (Co-District in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018). So it's not exactly far-fetched to suggest we end up at the top again.

I see the district a lot like I did at the beginning of last year -- I think the champion will be either Nederland, PNG, or Crosby (even with all of their recent problems). 

I'm more skeptical about Silsbee beating West Orange. I'm not sure anyone has ever beaten West Orange two years in a row, at least not in the last 20 years or so. Someone tell me if I'm wrong about that. Silsbee will be hungry and they have the momentum of a state-championship run, but West Orange isn't going anywhere until they show us otherwise. 

I love this post.

13 minutes ago, EAGLEFOREVER said:

What's the basis for PNG not winning district?  Their lack of defense.

Indians have not had a good defense since, well since offense became the priority at PNG.  Yet, this has not hurt PNG winning games.  By the way, our offense will be amazing this year.  Bost is not a power runner, but is F-A-S-T. Bost is also an incredibly accurate passer.  PNG will be in that district championship race once again. Sorry to disappoint those who feel the Indians will fall apart without "Wonderboy" as ya'll called Roschon.  Purple Pride from Side to Side!

14 minutes ago, png9mon said:

Indians have not had a good defense since, well since offense became the priority at PNG.  Yet, this has not hurt PNG winning games.  By the way, our offense will be amazing this year.  Bost is not a power runner, but is F-A-S-T. Bost is also an incredibly accurate passer.  PNG will be in that district championship race once again. Sorry to disappoint those who feel the Indians will fall apart without "Wonderboy" as ya'll called Roschon.  Purple Pride from Side to Side!

I am not saying PNG will fall apart or not win any games, but for true success your defense needs to get better.

31 minutes ago, png9mon said:

'Boy Wonder' - Soulja,  9/2016