For grins and giggles

5 minutes ago, KB24 said:

And this means What?  Do you people really think Newton is hurting because they lost some excellent kids on both sides of the ball. It’s obvious you don’t know anything about Newton, the history of the football team or the kids. Newton is the kinda team that don’t sit and wait around for change.  These kids start preparing to win championships from Pee wee.  Silsbee have some good runners  but they will not get through that purple curtain. IJS  

Jeez, son!  Are you gonna be a Senior this year? 

Newton needed a last second interception in the red zone to avoid being beat by a bunch of slow white kids from Canadian last December.  Since then Newton has:

1. Lost 3-5 D1 caliber players to graduation.

2.  Lost who knows how many good role players to graduation.

3.  Offensive coordinator saw the writing on the wall and jumped ship.

4.  The head coach joined the Angel Choir. (I decided against "traded his wheels for wings").

But we're all supposed to believe that Newton can't be stopped.  Like I said.. this is gonna be one of those years where Newton get beat by average larger teams.

I'll be surprised if you're still posting here after week 4.  Book it. 

5 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Newton needed a last second interception in the red zone to avoid being beat by a bunch of slow white kids from Canadian last December.  Since then Newton has:

4.  The head coach joined the Angel Choir. (I decided against "traded his wheels for wings").

But we're all supposed to believe that Newton can't be stopped.  Like I said.. this is gonna be one of those years where Newton get beat by average larger teams.

See you back here in 4 weeks. 

44 minutes ago, JasperDAWG said:

Over time my friend, it has become very clear that you or a family member played on a team that was took to the dark side of the woodshed by a Newto Eagles team in the past and it left you emotionally scared and/or your jealousy of their success has overtaken you. We all know a team can be beat at some point but if you don't mind I would like to list a few things that I am sure influence people's train of thought about the "purple beast". They are all fact not

opinion  (except for MAYBE one ).

1)Newton HASN'T been stopped now for 30 games in a row.

2)Newton without question has played and won a pre district schedule that other 3A teams only dream about during that 30 game streak.

3)Newton was considered (And this is not just Setx people saying this) the #1 small highschool in the entire great USA in 2018 (going wire to wire I remind you)

4)Newton played Canadian for the title and won, point blank period.  I have seen where you posted that they got lucky to do so. They lead on the scoreboard the entire game (so luck would have been appropriately applied had Canadian won at the end of the game). You refer to Canadian as a bunch of slow white kids, lol and make it seem like they had a Cinderella run.  Cardinalbacker, I give you benefit of the doubt when I tell ya that you must not be aware that those slow white kids when not winning a state title have been major role players in the playoffs on who did win.  Regardless of the classification they play in for at least the past decade.  Any team would love to say they played them close much less beat them.

5)Bridge City can't and won't ever beat Newton. (since I started posting this I take back the maybe and say it's FACT)

Have a fantabulous day my friend!

You’re delirious, my friend. 

The point (which is an actual fact) is that BC and OF both molly-whopped “lil’ ol’ Newton” in 2014. BC repeated that again 2015. 

While Newton Fan (and his Uncle-Daddy from Jasper) might forget those inconvenient FACTS, the rest of us haven’t. 

Newton is a great 3AD2 team. No disputing that. In Newton’s great years, they can even beat good, bigger teams like Silsbee. On normal years Newton gets rolled up by weaker, bigger teams like BC and OF. 

All anybody is saying is that we don’t expect this to be a great team in ‘19.  They’ll play competitive against bigger schools, roll through district undefeated, and then get bounced 3-4 years in. Just like 2016. 

Let me draw you a scenario. It’s summer in New England. Tom Brady, Gronk, and the starting running back just retired. McDaniel (or whoever the OC is these days) takes a HC job in San Diego. Both starting wideouts were lost in free agency, AND Bill Belicek dropped dead. You would be that person with a Bah-ston accent honking about how nobody can hang with the Patriots while the rest of the free world Is like “put the meth pipe DOWN, BostonDawg!”

6 minutes ago, JasperDAWG said:

Here is a scenario

Newton kicked bc azz in 14 .

45-14.

And if u call the 5 pt win in 15 by bc a Molly whip then u are delusional. And I never spoke if orangefield. Quit reaching.

What was that score again? I thought you said “can’t and won’t ever beat Newton?”

I’m glad to have stepped up and done my part to educate you, BostonDAWG. 

And your apology is accepted. 

18 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Just curious here, hasn't the current head coach been running the team the last year or so while his dad, R.I.P., was going through treatment for his illness? My understanding is there is not really a break in coaching philosophy and skill. I may be wrong, wouldn't be the first or the last time.

19 minutes ago, raideroldtimer said:

Just curious here, hasn't the current head coach been running the team the last year or so while his dad, R.I.P., was going through treatment for his illness? My understanding is there is not really a break in coaching philosophy and skill. I may be wrong, wouldn't be the first or the last time.

I’ve heard the same, honestly regarding the new HC. It IS worth mentioning that the OC that came in for 17 and 18 (coincidentally the exact time Newton began this streak) just left to take the HC job in Anahuac. 

So “yes,” the same general coaching philosophy that’s been there for years (good and not-so-good) is still there. There’s a question as to how much of an effect Neece had in getting the “o” as dominant as it has been only while he was there. 

My opinion is that the recent success probably has more to do with a great group of athletic talent that has moved on.  Newton was really blessed with a group of talented skill players over the last few seasons. Pretending that the loss of that much talent won’t affect the team’s success is comical. 

13 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Yes, sir. 

I guess that got a little off-track. 

What do you think, WOS? Does Newton go 16-0 this year?

No, they don't because of one of the points you made in an earlier post.  That is I think that the loss of Greg Neece and Josh Foster might be harder to replace than some think as they both brought a passing game that Newton had lacked in previous years.  I might feel better about their streak if Nate Williams had remained in Newton. But that leaves a big question mark in an area that I think was crucial to Newton's run.  New OC Tabor Westbrook and Dom Seastrunk may very well be able to answer that question and prove me wrong.  Despite the loss of Barlow, Kevin Watson, Zach Gulley and Val Fowler will be able to take up the slack in the running game.  On defense, the front seven will be fine but the secondary has some questions.

Right now, I see Silsbee taking them.  But if they get past Silsbee, then their chances of running the table increase dramatically.

15 minutes ago, JasperDAWG said:

Nah, it's needs to be somewhat competitive to be a rival imo. To be honest it hasn't been fair much less competitive (one game being the exception) since Dishon & his class graduated.

I agree. Jasper/Silsbee WOULD be a much better rivalry but you guys are too scared to face off. 

Ain’t that right? Must not wanna get that tail whipped during AND after the game anymore.

Lol. 

5 hours ago, JasperDAWG said:

Had one of your teams young men got a concussion from one of the cheapest/dirty hits you will ever see , you should be happy a head coach doesn't schedule a team like that. So you go ahead and be dumb and follow the others who say Jasper is scared when indeed we played them for 70+ years. Maybe the cardinals come close to a winning season this year and give you something to talk about instead of coming to this forum being a miserable soul and hating on other teams with your extravagant post. 

You really are boring when comes to talking football because you can't take your emotions out of it and tell it like it really is. Your attempts to divert the narrative are really weak as well.

Well.... You’re on a Newton thread talking about Jasper and BC’s history.

I guess that means you can be diverted by a really weak narrative. 

Let’s face facts....

BC has a ring and Jasper doesn’t. That’s all I have to say about dat. 

20 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

The point (which is an actual fact) is that BC and OF both molly-whopped “lil’ ol’ Newton” in 2014. BC repeated that again 2015. 

While Newton Fan (and his Uncle-Daddy from Jasper) might forget those inconvenient FACTS, the rest of us haven’t. 

Newton is a great 3AD2 team. No disputing that. In Newton’s great years, they can even beat good, bigger teams like Silsbee. On normal years Newton gets rolled up by weaker, bigger teams like BC and OF. 

All anybody is saying is that we don’t expect this to be a great team in ‘19.  They’ll play competitive against bigger schools, roll through district undefeated, and then get bounced 3-4 years in. Just like 2016. 

Let me draw you a scenario. It’s summer in New England. Tom Brady, Gronk, and the starting running back just retired. McDaniel (or whoever the OC is these days) takes a HC job in San Diego. Both starting wideouts were lost in free agency, AND Bill Belicek dropped dead. You would be that person with a Bah-ston accent honking about how nobody can hang with the Patriots while the rest of the free world Is like “put the meth pipe DOWN, BostonDawg!”

Actually Newton won both games. 

2012-35-12 Newton 

2013- 44-20 Newton

2014-45-14 Newton 

On ‎7‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 11:20 AM, CardinalBacker said:

Here is Newton's record since 1994 against: Bridgecity  7-2, Orangefield  11-1,  Silsbee 7-2, Jasper 4-4, Wos 2-4. In '98 lost to Wos won state championship. In 2014 got" rolled" by Orangefield 26-20, lost championship game. Looking at the records I wonder where all these molly-whoopins are?

3 hours ago, EAGLEFOREVER said:

Here is Newton's record since 1994 against: Bridgecity  7-2, Orangefield  11-1,  Silsbee 7-2, Jasper 4-4, Wos 2-4. In '98 lost to Wos won state championship. In 2014 got" rolled" by Orangefield 26-20, lost championship game. Looking at the records I wonder where all these molly-whoopins are?

I was more or less just talking to the guy who said that we haven't (and won't ever) beat Newton.  I might have taken a few poetic liberties in my description, lol.  

• 3 weeks later...