For grins and giggles

46 minutes ago, STiger85 said:

You can go to the archives thread and figure it out, that’s what it there for. One thing for sure WOS has way more than one district loss. 

It only dates up to 2015 that's I'm asking if anyone knew and I meant since they move down not period. I wont ask anything else since it's a problem 

20 minutes ago, ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING said:

Thanks I really meant since they move down and had that one lost to silsbee I've should have been more clear, but that stat is amazing also what u have at the top.

Since they moved down to 3A/4A, the Mustangs' district record is 75-1, a .987 winning percentage.

2 hours ago, ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING said:

It only dates up to 2015 that's I'm asking if anyone knew and I meant since they move down not period. I wont ask anything else since it's a problem 

Actually, the WOS archives are kelp updated, so the only problem is taking the time to do it yourself. But WOSgrad to the rescue. 

48 minutes ago, JasperDAWG said:

*Bonus question*  who gave the Silver&Blue that district loss?  A hint - the same team who beat them when they moved down a second time to 3A and were ranked # 1 to start the season (though a non district game).  

Extra points if you list the years for each game.

I guess I was afraid I was not clear with my answer.  By 3A/4A, I meant, the since 2004 when WO-S dropped to 3A what is now 4A.  So the hint is misleading as it would indicate Jasper is the answer to the question when the correct answer is Silsbee in 2009.  You are correct, though, that Jasper did hand them their first loss in 3A in their season opener in 2004.

I think you are referring to WO-S' loss to Jasper in 1986 after WO-S had moved down to 4A (now 5A) from 5A (what is now 6A).  That wasn't WO-S only district loss between '86 and '03.

And that loss doesn't hurt so bad given the results of the state quarterfinal that year. 

1 hour ago, JasperDAWG said:

So why be so confusing with your answers? Lol.  Also you booger bear you no need to bring up that quarterfinals game. (frowning bout it I am).  86-03 Nederland would lead the way with most district wins vs Silver&Blue correct? Other losses would be to us,png, lcm (some kinda of way), Lincoln and jefferson.  Maybe?

Boy, you are making me work today, LOL!.

WO-S district losses 1986-2003

Nederland - 6

LC-M - 2

PN-G - 2

Vidor - 2

Beaumont Central - 1

Beaumont Ozen - 1

Bridge City - 1

Jasper - 1

Port Arthur Jefferson - 1

Port Arthur Lincoln - 1

Which in calculating I might have misfigured the number of district losses for WO-S since they opened. They are 215-41-1 in district play, a .838 winning percentage.

39 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

Boy, you are making me work today, LOL!.

WO-S district losses 1986-2003

Nederland - 6

LC-M - 2

PN-G - 2

Port Arthur Lincoln - 2

Vidor - 2

Beaumont Central - 1

Beaumont Ozen - 1

Bridge City - 1

Jasper - 1

Port Arthur Jefferson - 1

Which in calculating I might have misfigured the number of district losses for WO-S since they opened. They are 215-41-1 in district play, a .838 winning percentage.

What year did Bridge City Beat WOS???? We are talking about football right?

14 minutes ago, LC-M said:

What year did Bridge City Beat WOS???? We are talking about football right?

They were one of the forfeited district wins that WO-S had in '92. Lincoln, Nederland and Little Cypress-Mauriceville were the others that year.

54 minutes ago, JasperDAWG said:

So why be so confusing with your answers? Lol.  Also you booger bear you no need to bring up that quarterfinals game. (frowning bout it I am).  86-03 Nederland would lead the way with most district wins vs Silver&Blue correct? Other losses would be to us,png, lcm (some kinda of way), Lincoln and jefferson. Ozen maybe?

I assuming your saying LCM beat WOS was some of kind of way was a surprise?. Those two teams that beat WOS were very good teams. 1983 Bears played jasper that year. Jasper beat lcm with a late minute field goal to win the district championship 14-16. The 1994 team was faster and bigger then WOS that year. That has been the last time we really outmatched them on the field. The 1997 Team played them a tight game but couldn't beat them and we both ending up loosing to Lamarque. I just watched the 97 highlight where WOS lost the week prior to Lamarque and came to our pep rally to support us to beat them. Those were good years.

24 minutes ago, JasperDAWG said:

All in fun, no harm meant my friend was my comment made.  I agree you all put some good teams on the field during that time span.

Oh no problem it was a long time ago. Early 80’s and mid 90’s were better years for the Bears. Under Crouch we have only had 1 7-3 season 2010 everything else is 5-5 and below mediocre. The 94 team was special and WOS came in 2nd in district behind us. To bad we couldn’t have joined teams to take on Lamarque lol

14 hours ago, LC-M said:

I assuming your saying LCM beat WOS was some of kind of way was a surprise?. Those two teams that beat WOS were very good teams. 1983 Bears played jasper that year. Jasper beat lcm with a late minute field goal to win the district championship 14-16. The 1994 team was faster and bigger then WOS that year. That has been the last time we really outmatched them on the field. The 1997 Team played them a tight game but couldn't beat them and we both ending up loosing to Lamarque. I just watched the 97 highlight where WOS lost the week prior to Lamarque and came to our pep rally to support us to beat them. Those were good years.

I was at that pep rally and also was on the sidelines in the Dome supporting yall. Had some good friends that played on that team. I remember telling Omey after that first breakout touchdown to not think LaMarque will roll over. Lol! We saw fist hand how good they were the week prior. That was the first game I ever played in that I figured out what we (WOS) would do to people even before the kickoff which was the fear factor for other teams. We were no where near afraid of LaMarque but it was pretty impressive when we walked out the locker room for warmups and all you hear is what seemed like 15 thousand LaMarque fans chanting "We are LaMarque Coogars Woosh" over and over. lol. Not to mention some of the players looked like they could start for the University of Texas. They were HUGE! 

3 hours ago, LC-M said:

Oh no problem it was a long time ago. Early 80’s and mid 90’s were better years for the Bears. Under Crouch we have only had 1 7-3 season 2010 everything else is 5-5 and below mediocre. The 94 team was special and WOS came in 2nd in district behind us. To bad we couldn’t have joined teams to take on Lamarque lol

What is hilarious, I still see people wearing the '94 District Champ shirts still to this day. LOL!!

4 hours ago, kicker 2.0 said:

What is hilarious, I still see people wearing the '94 District Champ shirts still to this day. LOL!!

I can’t find any 94 district shirts or I would wear one lol. Bo Louis is the one that went about 60 yards on them. I watched the game and no doubt they had talent. LCM scored the most on them during the playoffs and I truly believe if we could have gotten over them we might have made it all the way. Years like that is when I want to combine your missing a couple guys here and there to make it all the way. LCM and WOS both only field about 30 kids each. I went to see Carthage play they looked like a 5a 50 plus kids on the sideline.

8 hours ago, LC-M said:

You trying to draw Mouse out I see ;)

7 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

You trying to draw Mouse out I see ;)

Was Mickey Mouse in the band jk?  I think a stacked team would have gave  LAmarque all they wanted lol But to be honest I don’t know what the enrollment was back then we probably would have been in 5a.  I think if LCM and WOS combined now we would only have 1500. Kids so 5a d2

9 hours ago, LC-M said:

Fire crouch and mabe something special will happen again. But I guess until then yall just keep talking about 25 years ago. Btw it wasn't that special since it didn't end up with a state championship in my book, Cubby. Michael bishop made sure of that I believe.

4 minutes ago, ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING said:

Fire crouch and mabe something special will happen again. But I guess until then yall just keep talking about 25 years ago. Btw it wasn't that special since it didn't end up with a state championship in my book, Cubby. Michael bishop made sure of that I believe.

Yes  Willis beat us in 94. Our starting running back was injured. But Willis ended up losing the next week. No we did not win a state championship just a district championship. Cubby lol I like that