For grins and giggles

I think it'll be a tougher year for the Eagles.  The odds of repeating after losing all of that talent AND the head coach are pretty long.

I think the Eagles drop a game or two as described above and probably won't be able to string together the six wins that they'll need in the playoffs.  Even so, they'll end up with a season/record better than all but a couple of schools in the area.

That's my opinion, based on nothing but jealousy and cynicism.  Good luck, Newton Fan. 

33 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

I think it'll be a tougher year for the Eagles.  The odds of repeating after losing all of that talent AND the head coach are pretty long.

I think the Eagles drop a game or two as described above and probably won't be able to string together the six wins that they'll need in the playoffs.  Even so, they'll end up with a season/record better than all but a couple of schools in the area.

That's my opinion, based on nothing but jealousy and cynicism.  Good luck, Newton Fan. 

come pick the one you think will do it.

A lot of folks think there will be a big drop off at Newton.  I'm not sure that will be the case.  While the Eagles lose a big running hoss like Darwin Barlow, they have a number of backs like Kevin Foster who can take up that slack. The big question will be the Newton passing attack.  Do the Eagles feel the loss of Greg Neece and Josh Foster in that regard.  I just don't know the answer to that question.  The Newton defense should be just as stout as last year up front but lose some in the secondary.

Based what I know now, it will be Silsbee that is the streak ender.

7 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

A lot of folks think there will be a big drop off at Newton.  I'm not sure that will be the case.  While the Eagles lose a big running hoss like Darwin Barlow, they have a number of backs like Kevin Foster who can take up that slack. The big question will be the Newton passing attack.  Do the Eagles feel the loss of Greg Neece and Josh Foster in that regard.  I just don't know the answer to that question.  The Newton defense should be just as stout as last year up front but lose some in the secondary.

Good comments and questions. All which you are correct. And all which I am anxious to have answered.

1 hour ago, EAGLEFOREVER said:

come pick the one you think will do it.

I think the Eagles will have their hands full with all of the above.  If Silsbee is stacked as deep as Tiger fans think, I think they'll wear down the Eagles.  I'm not sold on WOS or Gilmer this year, but think both will be real contests for Newton.  

43 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

I think the Eagles will have their hands full with all of the above.  If Silsbee is stacked as deep as Tiger fans think, I think they'll wear down the Eagles.  I'm not sold on WOS or Gilmer this year, but think both will be real contests for Newton.  

Not doubting any of your comments CB, all are valid.

21 minutes ago, EAGLEFOREVER said:

I have heard some say that the players will be playing in honor of WT, if that is the case then one question needs to be answered. How hot and deep does that fire burn?

It is certainly an intangible that cannot be discounted.  However, I don't know that it can be counted on as heavily it was last year when, especially in the last part of the season, players were playing what might be their last game with WT.  I would think that emotion would be stronger then than now.

1 hour ago, WOSgrad said:

It is certainly an intangible that cannot be discounted.  However, I don't know that it can be counted on as heavily it was last year when, especially in the last part of the season, players were playing what might be their last game with WT.  I would think that emotion would be stronger then than now.

My thoughts also, I don't know if the emotion of last year can be matched.

On 6/25/2019 at 0:56 PM, WOSgrad said:

16 0 is not out the question 

5 hours ago, ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING said:

Silsbee kittens won't beat netwon I'm stamping that!

So let me get this straight.... you guys needed a pick in the red zone to win the State Championship in December....

Then you lost your head coach, offensive coordinator, at least 3D1 players and who knows how many other seniors, but you’re a lock to repeat?

Crying Newton Fan is already my favorite part of football season 2019. I can’t wait to see the tears. 

5 hours ago, JasperDAWG said:

You do know he is a Silver&Blue fan, right?  So other "purple beast" fans in general is who your reply is/was directed to ? No harm meant in my asking. I just curious(and was trying to be of some help). I think your mind is so sharp that it may cut your head off. 

I meant to quote the previous post where AIS (as a good WOS fan) predicted the Eagles to go 16-0. 

WOS have a few positions that will need to be addressed. OB, who will be our starter? Defense has always been our strength it will be again. Has our OL improved since last year? Lastly, we need people who can catch the ball, not just one player but 2 or 3 to confuse the other teams defense.  That’s just my wish list Lol, and one more thing PROTECT HOME FIELD, that’s all.