4A D2 Region 3 predictions

aTmfan06

Jasper has always been our biggest game. For me since the 3-0 game back in 1980something. It will take years for either of yall to surpass what we have done. But I can agree with the level of competition rising to the occasion. When you play the best for so long, sooner or later you have to get better. But face it, our teams for those past few years, nobody could touch. Please by all means, underestimate the mustangs.

28 minutes ago, MrUmp1 said:

Will not be at Butch, Texan Drive seems to be the place everyone loves to play. Throw out what you think is logical.

Gotta remember last year BISD was doing some changes at the stadium after WB's playoff game 1st round. Wont be that this year. 

10 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Barbay refuses to play Silsbee.

An over 70 year rivalry trumps a Jasper/WOS rivalry.

Sure. No one was attempting to compare the two match ups/rivalries. WO-S has existed only since 1977. The truth is WO-S has never had a consistent one team rivalry in the entire existence of the school. In the earliest years, it was PNG. Some would say LCM, but the fact they are our neighboring school doesn't do enough for that one. LCM has barely shown up in the win column. A few folks might say Vidor, but most WO-S fans didn't view Vidor in that light. In order to be a rivalry, fans from both schools have to see it as a rivalry. That is definitely the case with WO-S and Jasper. 

9 minutes ago, griff said:

Sure. No one was attempting to compare the two match ups/rivalries. WO-S has existed only since 1977. The truth is WO-S has never had a consistent one team rivalry in the entire existence of the school. In the earliest years, it was PNG. Some would say LCM, but the fact they are our neighboring school doesn't do enough for that one. LCM has barely shown up in the win column. A few folks might say Vidor, but most WO-S fans didn't view Vidor in that light. In order to be a rivalry, fans from both schools have to see it as a rivalry. That is definitely the case with WO-S and Jasper. 

Bridge City has always been LCM  rival since the early 80’s. WOS vs LCM had few good games mid 90’s but there is no lie WOS has owned LCM. Now if we talk baseball and softball it might be the other way around lol

• 4 months later...
On 6/24/2019 at 7:32 AM, aTmfan06 said:

If everyone stays healthy (which I hope happens) we should be in for some great football come playoffs. With that said, what are everyone’s predictions as far as favorites to win the region and sleeper picks ! My favorites are Silsbee, WOS, and Jasper in no particular order. My sleepers are Giddings, Bellville, and Sweeny. Am I missing anyone?

Always fun to look back in the beginning of the year. We are at the Regional Semi Final and it’s two favorites vs two sleepers lol