4A D2 Region 3 predictions

aTmfan06

If everyone stays healthy (which I hope happens) we should be in for some great football come playoffs. With that said, what are everyone’s predictions as far as favorites to win the region and sleeper picks ! My favorites are Silsbee, WOS, and Jasper in no particular order. My sleepers are Giddings, Bellville, and Sweeny. Am I missing anyone?

19 minutes ago, aTmfan06 said:

If everyone stays healthy (which I hope happens) we should be in for some great football come playoffs. With that said, what are everyone’s predictions as far as favorites to win the region and sleeper picks ! My favorites are Silsbee, WOS, and Jasper in no particular order. My sleepers are Giddings, Bellville, and Sweeny. Am I missing anyone?

It’s awful quiet out in HJ... this will be Dubois 2nd season and I wonder if they’ll get things moving in a positive direction this fall. 

10 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

It’s awful quiet out in HJ... this will be Dubois 2nd season and I wonder if they’ll get things moving in a positive direction this fall. 

It’s possible. Idk anything about them so hopefully someone knows something. I know Bellville returns a 1st team all state DE and 2nd team all state DT. Along with their best RB who will be a Jr. and missed all last season to a injury. That’s all I have for now on them. Dave Campbell may have more when it comes out.

15 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

One game does not ruin the dynasty 

After following that 4a district closely for the last 4 years, I see that Jasper and Silsbee has progressively gotten better to where they can, like WO-S compete on a state level.  Evidentally, that Jasper coach gets the best out if his players, but not enough props are given to coach Smith in Silsbee.  This is year 3 for him and he haven't  even had kids for 4 years in his program and has already pushed them to where they've  never been.  I say that to this.  I dont think Silsbee  or Jasper are going anywhere  anytime soon.  It looks like WO-S is the ones that need to catch up.  We'll see how this works out this fall.  

5 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

And BTW, for the ones saying WO-S was young.  I've seen young teams like the 2018 version and they were still on a state level.  So I'm not buying that young thing. 

Grandview was pretty young last year to. Yeah I know it was 3A but still 

35 minutes ago, aTmfan06 said:

No doubt in my mind WOS will be one of the favorites for the region. But it’s not like years past where ppl just pencil them in for state. This region hasn’t been this competitive in a long time

True.  Hopefully, the big 3 can continue  to be the dominant force in the region..

15 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

True, but the end of all dynasties gotta start somewhere. Not that I’m saying the wos run is over, but it’s possible that it could happen and may have started last year 

We have had bad years before. Sometimes not making the playoffs. This dynasty has been going since the mid 80s. And yes all good things must come to an end. But don't underestimate the Mustangs. Last year in every post game interview, coach t has not happy with his team. Looking for leadership and younger players to step up. I believe they thought that wos on the helmet meant a trip to Dallas. They will be much more improved this fall. We will see...

49 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

We have had bad years before. Sometimes not making the playoffs. This dynasty has been going since the mid 80s. And yes all good things must come to an end. But don't underestimate the Mustangs. Last year in every post game interview, coach t has not happy with his team. Looking for leadership and younger players to step up. I believe they thought that wos on the helmet meant a trip to Dallas. They will be much more improved this fall. We will see...

I hope they do well, I’ve enjoyed watching wos three years in a row in Dallas/Houston 

4 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

After following that 4a district closely for the last 4 years, I see that Jasper and Silsbee has progressively gotten better to where they can, like WO-S compete on a state level.  Evidentally, that Jasper coach gets the best out if his players, but not enough props are given to coach Smith in Silsbee.  This is year 3 for him and he haven't  even had kids for 4 years in his program and has already pushed them to where they've  never been.  I say that to this.  I dont think Silsbee  or Jasper are going anywhere  anytime soon.  It looks like WO-S is the ones that need to catch up.  We'll see how this works out this fall.  

This isnt a sprint, its a marathon - & WOS has been to atleast the 4th round of the playoffs for like 8 straight yrs right? So, catch up to whom? Comical

Most WO-S fans have always considered Jasper our top rival (since the 80's) and the team we look forward to playing more than any other. It did not change even when Jasper had a few less than stellar teams in the following decades. Splitting the two games last year has increased the glitter on that match up. Jasper's #2 ranking is well deserved. It's gonna be fun to watch 4AD2 Region 3. 

2 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Whose trying to make someone laugh?  I said nothing funny.  Seems many others agree with me.  

I was being sarcastic, but obviously YOU are - you made that statement as if it were facts/set in stone.