2019 BEAUMONT UNITED TIMBERWOLVES

This is the hidden content, please

2019 FOOTBALL TEAM PREVIEWS

BEAUMONT UNITED TIMBERWOLVES

2018 Record: 2-8 Overall, 2-5 District

Tied for 6th Place in 21-6A

It is always rough when rival schools merge into one high school and the Beaumont United Timberwolves faced just that problem in 2018 with the mergers of Central and Ozen High Schools into brand new United High School.  The wear of such a merger showed as Timberwolves limped to a 2-8 record.  However, Head Coach Arthur Lewis expects that a more experienced squad (seven starters on each side of the ball return) who has now meshed to put the Timberwolves in a position to gain the new school's first ever playoff experience.

Head Coach: Arthur Louis

Assistant Coaches: Ed Taylor (Assistant Head Coach/Offensive Coordinator), Kirby Jones (Co-Defensive Coordinator/Linebackers), Malcolm Frank (Co-Defensive Coordinator/Secondary), Andre Bevil (Quarterbacks), Caleb Ceasar (Wide Receivers), Galen Douglas (Wide Receivers), Kevin Dotson (Offensive Line), Kevin Thomas (Defensive Line), Don Smith (Kickers), Eddie Nelson (Running Backs), Braden Thomas (Secondary), Donovan Gans (Defensive Line)

Editor's Note: On July 14, 2019, SETXsports.com learned that United Assistant Head Coach/Offensive Coordinator Edward Taylor passed away from causes unknown.  SETXsports.com will pass along details on coaching staff changes, if any, as a result of Coach Taylor's passing as we receive them.  We at SETXsports.com pass along our prayers and condolences to the family of Ed Taylor, the Beaumont United football team and staff and the entire Timberwolf community.

Offense:

Seven starters return to the United offense in 2019.  Senior quarterback Zemaiah Vaughn will return to run the Timberwolf offense but will get a push from junior quarterback Bradley Thomas.  Senior running back James Wilson (1st team all-district) will lead the United rushing attack with junior Jamarion Eaglin also carrying the ball.  Eaglin will also lead a receiver corp which will also feature senior Abdel Qaiyyim and senior tight end Devin Hunt (1st team all-district). Expect Thomas to also see time at receiver along with sophomore Chandler Rivers.

Defense:

Seven starters return to the United 4-2-5 defense in 2019.  Senior defensive tackle J.K. Wilson will lead the United defensive line which will also include senior defensive end Dorian Le Blanc and senior defensive tackle Rolland Trent.  Senior Nick Lewis will guide a young linebacker group.  Senior free safety Eric Holman and senior cornerbacks Dorian Wise and Caleb Bobs return to a secondary that will also include Thomas and Rivers.

Special Teams:

While the place kicking and punting duties will be sorted out in summer practice, Thomas and Rivers will be the primary kick returners.

Schedule:

Aug. 30 - at Houston St. Pius X, 7:00 pm

Sept. 5 - Nederland, 7:00 pm

Sept. 13 - at Port Arthur Memorial, 7:00 pm

Sept. 20 - OPEN

Sept. 26 - at Baytown Sterling, 7:00 pm*

Oct. 4 - Beaumont West Brook, 7:00 pm*

Oct. 11 - at Sheldon C.E. King, 7:00 pm*

Oct. 18 - at Channelview, 7:00 pm*

Oct. 24 - La Porte, 7:00 pm*

Nov. 1 - at Galena Park North Shore, 7:00 pm*

Nov. 7 - Deer Park, 7:00 pm*   

• 3 weeks later...

I've heard nothing but good things about this  younger Vaughn at QB.  Also, J. Wilson I expect to have a huge season. Kid was one of the few bright spots for the T-Wolf offense.   I just hope that with us returning a decent amount of players on both sides of the ball, ESPECILLY defense, we'll be able to get key stops.  Can't wait to see the Maroon and Gold!

On 7/12/2019 at 1:27 PM, BMTSoulja1 said:

I've heard nothing but good things about this  younger Vaughn at QB.  Also, J. Wilson I expect to have a huge season. Kid was one of the few bright spots for the T-Wolf offense.   I just hope that with us returning a decent amount of players on both sides of the ball, ESPECILLY defense, we'll be able to get key stops.  Can't wait to see the Maroon and Gold!

At least 3 of the former Central coaches listed above will not be coaching with United this coming season and a 4th has accepted an assistant principal position on the campus.  

If the O-line can give QB Vaughn decent protection, he along with RB Wilson will lead this years offense in scoring more than 18 points a game.  The biggest difference will be not as many 3 and outs simply because this QB will pick up a few yards with his feet when nothing else is there.  Wilson should have been the starter from the get go last year.  There are plenty of targets for Vaughn to throw to.

With 7 starters returning on defense and plenty of other kids with significant playing time, they won't give up 32 points a game.  The defenses biggest benefit will be from the offense not having so many 3 and outs as last years unit.  

Last years team was better than 2-8 and I do think this years team will will get more than 2 wins.  

59 minutes ago, bobbymcgee said:

Any changes to the scheme for this year?

Offense will pretty much stay the same from what I know but should be better with everyone having at least 1 full year together.  

They started out in a 4-3 defensive scheme before switching to a 3-4 for the PA game and then eventually back to the 4-3.  So I guess there will be some change by using the 4-2-5...

3 hours ago, Alpha Wolf said:

A nice vigil was held last night for Coach Taylor.  I think the kids will use this as some additional motivation and win a few games that they lost last year...

I 100% agree. I just hope it's not week-3. Really wouldn't mind United going 8-2 this season before playoffs. 

On 7/18/2019 at 9:35 AM, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I 100% agree. I just hope it's not week-3. Really wouldn't mind United going 8-2 this season before playoffs. 

Well if the T-Wolves wind up 8-2, that means that they beat your beloved Titans because North Shore will be a loss for us and even though I think it will be closer than last year, the WB game will be a loss too.  I hadn't released my season prediction for BU yet this year but since you said it, I was going with 8-2 or 7-3, loosing to Deer Park as well.  I will only stick with that prediction if a particular coach is given the keys to the offense which I won't know for sure until August 5th...

5 minutes ago, Alpha Wolf said:

Well if the T-Wolves wind up 8-2, that means that they beat your beloved Titans because North Shore will be a loss for us and even though I think it will be closer than last year, the WB game will be a loss too.  I hadn't released my season prediction for BU yet this year but since you said it, I was going with 8-2 or 7-3, loosing to Deer Park as well.  I will only stick with that prediction if a particular coach is given the keys to the offense which I won't know for sure until August 5th...

It's not gonna be a nice evening for United week-3. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Kourt1
    Newest Member
    Kourt1