2019 SAN AUGUSTINE WOLVES

This is the hidden content, please

2019 FOOTBALL TEAM PREVIEWS

SAN AUGUSTINE WOLVES

2018 Record: 12-3 Overall, 5-0 District

Class 2A, Division I State Semifinalist

It was another banner year for the San Augustine Wolves as Marty Murr's bunch advanced to the Class 2A, Division I State Semifinals for the second year in a row.  Those that believe 2019 might be the end of that run may be sadly mistaken as the Wolves return a stacked squad (11 starters on offense and 7 on defense return) in en effort to punch through to the state final and bring a state championship back to San Augustine for the first time since 2003.

Head Coach: Marty Murr

Assistant Coaches: Tory Barnes (Offensive Coordinator), Jonah Morris (Special Teams Coordinator/Offensive Line), Mike Randle (Defensive Backs), Ethan Perkins (Defensive Line), Evan Delafield (Offensive Line), Kendall Cotten (Wide Receivers), Nathan Atherton (Running Backs)

Offense:

All eleven starters return to the San Augustine spread in 2019.  Junior quarterback Del Marquis Barnes (2018 12-2A-I Co-Offensive Newcomer of the Year) returns to lead the Wolf offense but expect senior Jayden Hicks to also see some time behind center.  Senior running back Tijay Thomas-Davis (2018 12-2A-I Offensive MVP) returns to key the San Augustine rushing attack along with senior Kevorian Barnes (1st team offense). A senior laden receiver squad returns as wide outs JaVarius Miller (2nd team all-district), Justin Jenkins and TyRandis Johnson will lead the way.  They will be operating behind the veteran line of seniors Eduardo Lara (1st team all-district), Dez Watts (1st team all-district), Kody Page (1st team all-district), Donta Barnes (2nd team all-district) and junior Kylar Hargrove (2nd team all-district).

Defense:

Seven starters return to the San Augustine 4-2-5 defense in 2019.  Senior defensive linemen Eulalio Carranza (1st team all-district) and Seth Stephens (1st team all-district) will be featured on a defensive line which will also feature junior defensive end Corey Clifton (2nd team all-district).  Donta Barnes (1st team all-district) and senior Zach Garcia will support from their linebacker spots.  Del Marquis Barnes (at free safety), Miller (at weak safety) and Jenkins (at strong safety) will anchor a Wolfpack secondary which will also feature sophomore TyCorvion Porter.

Special Teams:

Danta Barnes will do the place kicking for San Augustine while Lara will do the punting.  Davis will be the primary kick returner.

Schedule:

Aug. 30 - Big Sandy, 7:00 pm

Sept. 6 - OPEN

Sept. 13 - at Garrison, 7:30 pm

Sept. 20 - Tenaha, 7:30 pm

Sept. 27 - at Hemphill, 7:30 pm

Oct. 4 - at Centerville, 7:30 pm

Oct. 11 - Hull-Daisetta, 7:00 pm*

Oct. 18 - at Groveton, 7:00 pm*

Oct. 25 - West Sabine, 7:00 pm*

Nov. 1 - Deweyville, 7:00 pm*

Nov. 8 - at Shelbyville, 7:00 pm*