Wos jumbotron

2 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

This was one of my concerns, more  parking.  So glad they are addressing that.   

I think there will be more parking when it's all done. The event center is going to be in the large lot by the stadium. But there is a lot more space to utilize in the front for parking.

I can remember back in the days having to park at Oates elementary school. Do the visitors still fill up the field in the back?

1 hour ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

I think there will be more parking when it's all done. The event center is going to be in the large lot by the stadium. But there is a lot more space to utilize in the front for parking.

I can remember back in the days having to park at Oates elementary school. Do the visitors still fill up the field in the back?

I know for me, over the years, I've had to park in the neighborhoods to the left side of the home stands... parking was not really that good before.  

Was told that the district went lowest bid on the jumbotron and its basically a repurposed video signage board off the highway. If that's true expect it to look more like LCM and nothing like New Caney Texan Drive Stadium, Carthage or Alvin ISD Freedom Field etc... Hopefully that refurbished Jumbotron comes with a 7-Year Warranty. Maybe I was told wrong and someone from WOS knows more. Might have been better off just putting in a standard scoreboard. 

58 minutes ago, Tiger05 said:

Was told that the district went lowest bid on the jumbotron and its basically a repurposed video signage board off the highway. If that's true expect it to look more like LCM and nothing like New Caney Texan Drive Stadium, Carthage or Alvin ISD Freedom Field etc... Hopefully that refurbished Jumbotron comes with a 7-Year Warranty. Maybe I was told wrong and someone from WOS knows more. Might have been better off just putting in a standard scoreboard. 

Like the amber alert signs? I dont think so. Maybe more like the video billboards that are all over the place now?

Definition: Digital signage is a sub-segment of electronic signage. Digital displays use technologies such as LCD, LED, projection and e-paper to display digital images, video, web pages, weather data, restaurant menus, or text.

*Not sure how you got amber alert sign from my post*

Ok so it is a repurposed used billboard / Hwy Digital signage board

Do you know what the warranty is on it compared to a new stadium video board?

8 hours ago, Tiger05 said:

What!!!! That would be disappointing.

39 minutes ago, Majestyk said:

Word on the street is the scoreboard is here in the warehouse. Problem being when they took it out of the crate it was reading Mustangs - 51  Silsbee - 2. Technicians are working on it now but having trouble getting it to reset. Shouldn't be long though. IP

What I heard was the scoreboard was reading Mustangs-14 Silsbee-20 and that each day they reset the scoreboard to read Mustangs-51 Silsbee-2 and each morning when they would come back to put the scoreboard up it would again be reading Mustangs-14 Silsbee-20 and it would take them all day just to figure out how to reset it. 

8 minutes ago, STiger85 said:

What I heard was the scoreboard was reading Mustangs-14 Silsbee-20 and that each day they reset the scoreboard to read Mustangs-51 Silsbee-2 and each morning when they would come back to put the scoreboard up it would again be reading Mustangs-14 Silsbee-20 and it would take them all day just to figure out how to reset it. 

Lmbo

54 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

Will this scoreboard work in the rain like other scoreboards or naw? 

They said it might not work in the rain because it's repurposed but that shouldn't pose a problem vs. the Tigers' because it has only rained twice in the WO-S vs. Silsbee 14 game or so history. Thank goodness for that.

Edited by Majestyk

1 hour ago, Majestyk said:

They said it might not work in the rain because it's repurposed but that shouldn't pose a problem vs. the Tigers' because it has only rained twice in the WO-S vs. Silsbee 14 game or so history. Thank goodness for that.

So your saying some WOS fans will blame the rain for not preforming?