Lumberton Population

OneChance

Released by Lumberton Ledger tonight

BREAKING LUMBERTON IS GROWING: The Lumberton Muniple Utility District board of Directors announces an agreement with Brampton Essential LP owner of a 3200 acre tract of land located off of FM421.
Brampton (the developer) has announced plans for multi phase residential and commercial area with open spaces and green belt areas that will provide a unique setting for Lumberton’s residents and community. Roger Fussel with LMUD says, “this will be a several year project in several different phases, and said if he had to compare it to something based of the information he has, it will be much like the Woodlands area.” He also added that the homes will be much like the ones we’ve seen being built in Lumberton lately. The location is West of the Lumberton City park and will be on both North and South sides of FM 421. And about a 50% increase in population.

With that size increase Lumberton ISD better be prepared and get a plan in place, Schools are already undersized for current enrollment.

6 hours ago, OneChance said:

Released by Lumberton Ledger tonight

BREAKING LUMBERTON IS GROWING: The Lumberton Muniple Utility District board of Directors announces an agreement with Brampton Essential LP owner of a 3200 acre tract of land located off of FM421.
Brampton (the developer) has announced plans for multi phase residential and commercial area with open spaces and green belt areas that will provide a unique setting for Lumberton’s residents and community. Roger Fussel with LMUD says, “this will be a several year project in several different phases, and said if he had to compare it to something based of the information he has, it will be much like the Woodlands area.” He also added that the homes will be much like the ones we’ve seen being built in Lumberton lately. The location is West of the Lumberton City park and will be on both North and South sides of FM 421. And about a 50% increase in population.

With that size increase Lumberton ISD better be prepared and get a plan in place, Schools are already undersized for current enrollment.

Sounds like 6a soon. I was told when they dropped in 4a they were already back in 5a. That’s alot of homes.

2 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

@raidergirl  

Tagged the wrong person, my bad. But she'll see it. I predicted this. If Lumberton grows Vidor shrinks. 

I would  like to see Vidor drop down to 4a they would make some noise and they would make our  district stronger. So I could take that trade. Ever since Harvey it Hurt the Vidor area. 

2 hours ago, Alpha Wolf said:

Hey, if y'all make it to 6A, we get to play again...:)

Well, if Lumberton  move up to 6a, theyll pull numbers from Beaumont.  I would look for West Brook's numbers to drop in proportion  to Lumberton's growth.  I doubt United would take that hit if you know what I mean...

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Well, if Lumberton  move up to 6a, theyll pull numbers from Beaumont.  I would look for West Brook's numbers to drop in proportion  to Lumberton's growth.  I doubt United would take that hit if you know what I mean...

This is the hidden content, please

After seeing this in another topic. You are definitely right about pulling from WB.

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

Don't just assume that the project is in Lumberton ISD.  Bear Creek and I think Rock Ridge are both out that way and at least one of them is in HJISD.  You don't have to go very far past the city park to get into Hardin-Jefferson's territory. 

Does anybody know for sure?

Looks like just east of Eastex Ridge road is the boundary on 421 between HJ and Lumberton ISD.

This is the hidden content, please

People will move to this new neighborhood. Yes,  but I don’t think to many from say Houston area/ outside of Golden triangle are begging to come to Lumberton. Sure this might move them back to 5A. But not 6A. I can see like mentioned earlier Vidor getting affected with this as well as Nederland, PNG, BC, BMT.  I mean look at all those new neighborhoods that popped up in BC and OF and that didnt raise BC school district by any means and OF actually went down. Same with HF tons of new neighborhoods and school didn’t move up classification or anything.... but that’s my point of view. 

9 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

People will move to this new neighborhood. Yes,  but I don’t think to many from say Houston area/ outside of Golden triangle are begging to come to Lumberton. Sure this might move them back to 5A. But not 6A. I can see like mentioned earlier Vidor getting affected with this as well as Nederland, PNG, BC, BMT.  I mean look at all those new neighborhoods that popped up in BC and OF and that didnt raise BC school district by any means and OF actually went down. Same with HF tons of new neighborhoods and school didn’t move up classification or anything.... but that’s my point of view. 

Well it comes down if the people will have kids or not. If your getting retired folks that’s not going to help the enrollment. LCM  school district has around 20,000 citizens in their district a few years ago so.  I’m sure it’s went down since Harvey. 

13 hours ago, navydawg31 said:

None of those cities you mentioned have developed 3200 acres and increased the population by 50%. Most local developments are under well under a 100 acres.