NBA to get rid of the term “Owners”

PhatMack19

Because it’s racist....Draymond makes $17 mil a year by the way.  

This is the hidden content, please

The NBA may be backing down from using the word "owner" due to racial insensitivity.

After Golden State Warriors star Draymond Green argued against using the term on LeBron James' HBO show "The Shop" late last year, the issue gained steam, 
, and at least two teams have already stopped using it.

"You shouldn't say owner," 
, saying it should be changed to CEO, chairman or majority shareholder.

The Sixers have since changed the title of their owners to managing partners, and Steve Ballmer of the Clippers is listed as chairman on the team's website.

"When your product is purely the labor of people, then owner sounds like something that is of a feudal nature," Jon Stewart said on "The Shop."

However, TMZ notes that there isn't pressure coming from the NBA to change the titles.

"We refer to the owners of our teams as Governors," the league told TMZ in a statement, "each team is represented on our Board of Governors."

Does Green and the ones advocating this asinine proposal really think people are just that stupid? Does anyone believe that the owner of a business "owns" the people that work for him? This is even dumber than the adage that people can't obtain an ID to vote. The unmitigated elitism of some is just downright appalling, but the willingness of too many to give credence to such pathetic notions is shocking. You've been called "stupid" directly to your face, and far too many do not even realize it.

Maybe Green should change his name, because there are people that might actually think his skin color is green. Same dumb logic...for a dumb society.

I’m with CCRed.  For $17 Million a year, you can call yourself, or me, anything you want.  Since Blacks are said to be only 13% of the population, perhaps they should limit teams to 13% Blacks.  I doubt the white and Hispanic players are so sensitive.  And the 13% that got to be on teams would be a little more appreciative of their positions in life.  Just a thought.

On a serious note, if that’s the biggest problem you face in life Mr. Green, You is one lucky sucka.   I suggest you get a pacifier.  Might help, you spoiled brat.