Why does West Brook dominate BISD football?

13 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

It's just weird to me how one school can dominate it's in-town rivals for the better part of 10-15 yrs I believe it is, even beating Central and/or Ozen when they were the more talented overall team. 

Before the merger, to me like Soulja said, it was due to depth and offensive line play in my opinion.  Central matched up skill wise, just didn't have the size in the trenches.  I didn't follow Ozen so I can't speak on them.  I can't recall the final scores the last couple of times Central and WB played but if my memory serves me correct, I think 10 points or less separated them under TF.  Bring him back...:)

12 hours ago, 5GallonBucket said:

He probably is but imo he s not going anywhere.  He s close to his hometown, he got the Westbrook job at the right time along with going to the SC.  I don’t foresee United even coming close to hanging with WB for the next 3 or 4 years maybe more.  Depends on who United hires after Ed. 

The only weakness I see WB having this coming year is oline. And they won’t have lray to bail them out.  I think the gun slinger will be good as long as he gets protection.  

:):):) Funny how we are already talking about the post ET years but it's true...

12 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Is Bryce playing QB on varsity? 

11 minutes ago, Alpha Wolf said:

A lot of us former Jaguars were not happy about the season.  Central wasn't any world beaters but the teams always got out there and competed.  Some people are use to 2-8 seasons...

Todd Peterman was a top notch coach that applied but he didn't go to Antioch or Ozen with the current Superintendent.  He actually came down an interviewed, wanted the job but she wouldn't let him bring his OC and DC.  He would have had to use all the coaches already at the school.

I heard LSU offered Bryce Anderson 

11 hours ago, Uncle Pig said:

Westbrook is more of an affluent area and yes they also have better coaching. I’ve stated before; more affluent areas have better athletic programs, bottom line. Just look at the majority of the state champions in ALL sports over the past decade. 

But it doesn't help when the Superintendent doesn't give both groups of kids a level playing field as for head coaches...

1 hour ago, Reagan said:

Just ask yourself -- was the coach hired at United the best available at the time?  If he wasn't, then why did he get hired?  But it also goes to show you that even with decent talent, that can't even save a bad coach. 

No he was not the best available by a long shot.  Why?  It's called looking out for your school mate and adult cliques do exist...

47 minutes ago, JustUs said:

Well Forest Park was located in the same "affluent" area that the current Westbrook is located. When the forces that be combined (Hebert and Forest Park) schools and hired a never duplicated Alex Durley a player's coach.Then and only then did the winning begin. Top student-athletes from Beaumon'ts middle schools will definitely seek to go to Westbrook a winning program with a better coaching staff no matter what zone they live in. I agree with you in part however on affluent areas having better coaches and success. It'll take a proven winning coach to turn United program into something special. The hiring reputation BISD currently has want attract what's needed. The swamp will have to be drained completely  to give these deserving kids a chance to win regularly on and off the field and that "aint" happening. Politics and back room deals that take care of friends will continue to prevail. jmo... 

Not much else needs to be said...

United has some athletes on the field against Nederland last year and was moving the ball well and went completely away from the game plan. Starts with coaching, if Nederland had a few of those players with our coaching staff now easily 3 rounds deep every year. BISD has to open up the pocket book some more for Peevey and United job as well hire someone with no local ties start fresh bring his people in and system and go from there, no more buddy buddy system. 

Same occurred in Baytown.  Lee dominated Sterling until Memorial opened.  Westfield dominated old Spring.  Humble was all over Kingwood before HISD had their expansion.  It happens but is more prevalent with the virus I call no child left behind which the struggling school via test scores lose kids that are passing vs the failing kids transferring........

4 hours ago, 82 5A State Champs said:

West Brook won it's only state title with a black head coach. Race has nothing to do with it.

Talking about recently,  like within the last 20 years...  all new coaches that come through, seems like out of all the applicants that are white, they end up with heavy consideration for West Brook and not then, Ozen or Central.  

14 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I heard from a reliable source that Anderson will see some time at QB AND Yoeman isn't a lock for the QB job.  Heard there is a hotshot underclassmen that will give him a hard push.

Yoeman

anderson

then theirs a kid that moved from huffman last year.

(I’m sure Anderson will have some packages) 

On 6/3/2019 at 6:36 PM, BMTSoulja1 said:

Well, for almost over 2 decades, they've had the highest enrollment in Beaumont.  More kids to choose from.  Especially  when Ozen was created and Central  moved down a classification.   

Also, when coaching changes do happen,  seems that after Rhabb left, WB got the better coaches out of the picks.  Seems like the hiring criteria was different in the west end and the rest of town.   I remember prior to Central getting Foreman, I would always ask why Central or Ozen never interviewed White coaches but West Brook always seem to get a white coach.  

Finaly, there are pee wee leagues  all over the west end that give those kids a jump early.  Didn't have that on this side of I-10 until  recently.

In conclusion, I think the football games with two 6a schools will become more competitive  with wins going back and forth in the near future.

When it was two schools we beat on Central. lol...