Beaumont United...

11 minutes ago, JustUs said:

In my opinion (A.L) or E.T.) is not the answer to prevent BU from going 0-3 to start the season again. It's insane to keep scheduling St.Pius- we gain nothing from this donkey stomping every year. We'll get out coached against Nederland and Memorial. Yet we have no spring training. We'll wait until August to find out who can and who cant help the program. The Bisd/BU saga continues. However the well oiled machine(Westbrook) program continues to flourish.  

Well to AL's credit he didn't want that schedule, I believe the AD (whoever that was before United opened) put that together if im not mistaken.

Schedule will be very different come next realignment I bet (other than Memorial staying on the schedule) 

2 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Well to AL's credit he didn't want that schedule, I believe the AD (whoever that was before United opened) put that together if im not mistaken.

Schedule will be very different come next realignment I bet (other than Memorial staying on the schedule) 

3 hours ago, JustUs said:

In my opinion (A.L) or E.T.) is not the answer to prevent BU from going 0-3 to start the season again. It's insane to keep scheduling St.Pius- we gain nothing from this donkey stomping every year. We'll get out coached against Nederland and Memorial. Yet we have no spring training. We'll wait until August to find out who can and who cant help the program. The Bisd/BU saga continues. However the well oiled machine(Westbrook) program continues to flourish.  

On 5/28/2019 at 1:27 PM, Alpha Wolf said:
3 hours ago, JustUs said:

On 5/28/2019 at 0:44 PM, Yeoj said:

It's a 2 year deal with St. Pius.  They lost the all world QB and other several key components but they can recruit.  For what it's worth, United JV beat them last year 28-0 if my memory serves me correctly.  In his defense, the schedule was made prior to AL getting the job.  I would definitely keep PA Memorial on there and possibly Nederland but drop St. Pius for another 6A school.  

I am baffled at a team that goes 2-8 but doesn't take advantage of Spring ball yet the school across town that had 6 extra weeks of practice due to their state run, still takes advantage of spring ball.  The only thing I can say that maybe AL knows he will have several coaches leaving and needs to rebuild his staff.  

On 6/1/2019 at 9:23 AM, Alpha Wolf said:

65 Days until football practice begins...

90 days until the Wolves travel to Houston St. Pius to try and redeem themselves.

I'm staying positive for the kids sake,however we need more  than moral victories and excuses from this current staff. There's a huge difference between good guys and good coaches. Who's fooling who...jmo...

2 hours ago, JustUs said:

I'm staying positive for the kids sake,however we need more  than moral victories and excuses from this current staff. There's a huge difference between good guys and good coaches. Who's fooling who...jmo...

Hopefully more care about actual wins than going to 'Swing-out Night'. 

6 hours ago, JustUs said:

On 6/1/2019 at 10:05 AM, PdaddyBball said:

I agree, I'm staying positive for the kids and want them to experience some success.  The Seniors that were on the team that were from Ozen, never experienced the playoffs while in high school in any aspect of football.  The seniors that were on the team from Central hadn't experienced the playoffs since 2016 under TF and most of them were on JV that year.  In my opinion, there is no reason why United shouldn't have finished in the 3 or 4 spot except for one reason,...

Well every excuse was used to try and justify the 2-8 season, but one that won't be able to be used that I heard the most is that the staff and team hadn't even been together a year...

On 6/2/2019 at 6:06 PM, Alpha Wolf said:

I agree, I'm staying positive for the kids and want them to experience some success.  The Seniors that were on the team that were from Ozen, never experienced the playoffs while in high school in any aspect of football.  The seniors that were on the team from Central hadn't experienced the playoffs since 2016 under TF and most of them were on JV that year.  In my opinion, there is no reason why United shouldn't have finished in the 3 or 4 spot except for one reason,...

Well every excuse was used to try and justify the 2-8 season, but one that won't be able to be used that I heard the most is that the staff and team hadn't even been together a year...

I'm on your side man.  I know there is talent in United.  I think with the right person as the leader they could do some damage, but without him being able to bring guys with him and hire people that agree with his philosophies and work ethics, United will perpetually be worse than Westbrook and struggle week to week.  That is what plagues many schools not only in our area, but all over the state.

There was interest by big names, but there was no compromise with the district.  BISD knew who they wanted at the helm.  Just like small schools, the "good ole boy" system can be in big schools.  Until some feathers are ruffled, it will be the same old same old.

Who do you see, local or not, that can help turn the program around?

3 hours ago, PdaddyBball said:

I'm on your side man.  I know there is talent in United.  I think with the right person as the leader they could do some damage, but without him being able to bring guys with him and hire people that agree with his philosophies and work ethics, United will perpetually be worse than Westbrook and struggle week to week.  That is what plagues many schools not only in our area, but all over the state.

There was interest by big names, but there was no compromise with the district.  BISD knew who they wanted at the helm.  Just like small schools, the "good ole boy" system can be in big schools.  Until some feathers are ruffled, it will be the same old same old.

Who do you see, local or not, that can help turn the program around?

Me and Soulja was talking the other day.  TF would have at the least made the playoffs last year with that team.  Might not have done much once getting them there but they wouldn't have been 2-8.  I think they get 3rd under him.  Plus a lot of kids would have gotten the opportunity to play at the next level.  The guy gets kids in college.

JN, for some reason was just on SA sh*t list and she didn't want him around the football program at all.  He would have done better than 2-8, possibly finishing between 3rd and 5th.

But to be honest, I would have preferred that they brought in someone from anywhere outside of the Golden Triangle, that didn't have ANY ties to Beaumont, that didn't know ANYONE here.  Even if that person was only going to be here 2 or 3 years to get the program started and headed in the right direction before maybe handing it over to someone local.  No, we go get the bailiff who hadn't been around the game in some years.  Golden opportunity missed...

• 1 month later...

I'm still hearing some rumblings about changes at United.  I don't want to speculate too much but what head coach doesn't attend the coaching clinic in Houston with the rest of his staff if his true attentions were to return?

One good thing is the offense and QB play should be in good hands with Coach Bevil returning despite previous information. 

On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 11:35 AM, Austin1985 said:

Had an interesting conversation with a AL apologist.  My main point was this and it applies to Xbox as well.  Great human being, great with getting the kids to the next level, poor playcaller/HC.  Both can be true and being bad or poor at the latter doesn't make you a bad individual.......

I agree 100%.