Art Briles returns to Texas High School Football

WOSgrad

On 5/29/2019 at 9:54 AM, Bandwagon Ranger said:

So? 

Hammer them all. Briles does not go free just because no one else has been caught.

I tell my kids the same thing every day- Kids break the rules every day. If you get caught its going to be much worse because you have much more to lose. Life is not fair.

So hammer them all, but I knew some girls back in the day who cried wolf and knew some who did not mind going into rooms with multiple dudes in them.  So yes, hammer folks yet at the same time things can be really complicated in a sexual free society 

19 hours ago, NHSBulldogFan said:

Just because you haven't been found guilty of something doesn't mean that you're not a terrible human being. A fine example of that is Casey Anthony she was never found not guilty of a crime but would you want her around your kids? The problem with Art is that he doesn't seem to worry about his players character off the field. If character on your football team doesn't matter you hire Art if it does matter you don't hire Art Briles

That is a broad brush stroke....how many of his players from Stephenville, before Stephenville, Texas Tech, UH and Baylorndo you know to make such a statement? 

16 minutes ago, jv_coach said:

That is a broad brush stroke....how many of his players from Stephenville, before Stephenville, Texas Tech, UH and Baylorndo you know to make such a statement? 

Quite a few from his Baylor days...i didn't know there were so many Art Briles apologists on this board.

32 minutes ago, jv_coach said:

So hammer them all, but I knew some girls back in the day who cried wolf and knew some who did not mind going into rooms with multiple dudes in them.  So yes, hammer folks yet at the same time things can be really complicated in a sexual free society 

It's unfortunate that every accuser is painted with that same paint brush. 

3 hours ago, Bandwagon Ranger said:

Charles Manson could have used the support of some of you guys. I mean he personally did not kill anyone. He was just the manager at the McDonalds.

I don't remember Briles ordering anybody to go rape anybody else.  I mean, I get that you've run out of reasonable arguments, but this one is a stretch.  Manson died in prison.  NOBODY is arguing that Briles even committed a crime.  

Nobody had more to gain from the Baylor fiasco than UT, so I get where you're coming from.  You guys were able to climb back to the top of.... wait, had the opportunity to climb back out of the Big 12 cellar.  Kind of a shame that you didn't.

10 hours ago, NHSBulldogFan said:

Quite a few from his Baylor days...i didn't know there were so many Art Briles apologists on this board.

What's actually more disturbing is how many people do not believe in the great American philosophy of "innocent until proven guilty!"  And by the way -- one can only be an apologist for Art Briles if he actually did something wrong to apologize for!

5 minutes ago, Reagan said:

What's actually more disturbing is how many people do not believe in the great American philosophy of "innocent until proven guilty!"  And by the way -- one can only be an apologist for Art Briles if he actually did something wrong to apologize for!

Does character on a football team not mean anything anymore?

1 hour ago, NHSBulldogFan said:

Now if we can get back to the news of Art Briles being back in Texas High School Football...Art Briles will be making $82,000 a year as the head coach at Mt. Vernon. He’s under a two-year contract. He will not have to teach. And he will be able to bring in his own staff.

As they probably had to name him AD as well, it is not unusual that he would not teach.

11 hours ago, Reagan said:

There aren’t that many “great” coaches.  Art Briles is one on my short list!

Explain his greatness...will he be great at building character for young high school men?  Is that what he will be great at?  Will he be great at getting to the bottom of a tough situation one of his star athletes gets caught up in?  Just trying to figure out what will make him a great high school coach.

From the article;  "Baylor has changed its tune on former coach Art Briles, now saying he had no role in covering up sexual assaults by football players.  The

This is the hidden content, please
Friday that the university sent a letter to Briles May 23 offering support for the former coach.   The letter, signed by Baylor's general counsel, Christopher W. Holmes, states, "As you speak with others regarding these issues, you can be assured you may make certain statements without fear of contradiction from Baylor based on the information currently known to us.  "In particular, at this time we are unaware of any situation where you personally had contact with anyone who directly reported to you being the victim of sexual assault or that you directly discouraged the victim of an alleged sexual assault from reporting to law enforcement or University officials. Nor are we aware of any situation where you played a student athlete who had been found responsible for sexual assault.""  Ok, you anti-Briles bunch -- what say you? 

1 hour ago, Reagan said:

From the article;  "Baylor has changed its tune on former coach Art Briles, now saying he had no role in covering up sexual assaults by football players.  The

Friday that the university sent a letter to Briles May 23 offering support for the former coach.   The letter, signed by Baylor's general counsel, Christopher W. Holmes, states, "As you speak with others regarding these issues, you can be assured you may make certain statements without fear of contradiction from Baylor based on the information currently known to us.  "In particular, at this time we are unaware of any situation where you personally had contact with anyone who directly reported to you being the victim of sexual assault or that you directly discouraged the victim of an alleged sexual assault from reporting to law enforcement or University officials. Nor are we aware of any situation where you played a student athlete who had been found responsible for sexual assault.""  Ok, you anti-Briles bunch -- what say you? 

Probably part of his settlement with Baylor to drop the lawsuit he had against them considering that article is from 2017

On 6/1/2019 at 8:38 PM, LumRaiderFan said:

Explain his greatness...will he be great at building character for young high school men?  Is that what he will be great at?  Will he be great at getting to the bottom of a tough situation one of his star athletes gets caught up in?  Just trying to figure out what will make him a great high school coach.

Briles is a 4 time state championship winning coach that's the only thing that makes him great

4 hours ago, NHSBulldogFan said:

Briles is a 4 time state championship winning coach that's the only thing that makes him great

I am talking of greatness in the arena of coaching.  To get on my greatness list, one has to earn it.   Now, the character of an individual coach is judged in a different arena.  One would have to talk to the people he's coached, the teachers he's taught with and the community in general.  I wonder, has anyone made an effort to contact pass players and people in the community to get their opinion of him as a person.  Probably have not.  Because I'm sure their responses would not fit the mold of the allegations at Baylor!!