Art Briles returns to Texas High School Football

WOSgrad

12 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

'We have our own opinions here': Despite national outrage, Mount Vernon's first board meeting since Art Briles hire remains cordial

via @JoeJHoyt 

STORY :

This is the hidden content, please

#txhsfb

Sounds like only the snowflakes outside the Mount Vernon community are worried about this!  LOL!!

2 hours ago, Reagan said:

Oh, wait, let me revise that:  Snowflakes and PO'ed Longhorn supporters!    :)

You left out fathers with daughters. 

I pray that your daughter (or mine for that matter) is never gang raped by a group of college athletes. Then dragged through the mud by a university and it's athletic department in order to protect the "program". Hopefully she didn't "ask for it". 

Also, if the University of Texas was behind getting Briles fired, he would be buried under the prison. No half measures.

Bottom line- Art Briles is a POS. Just my opinion.

I’m not supporting Art Briles. I personally have not heard of anything 100% that proves he was in the know of what was going on. But if you are going to chastise him for covering all this up and say he should be banned for life from ever coaching again. Then kick that low life piece of sh__ Joe Mixon out of the NFL. He beat the sh__ out of a woman, had to sit out just one year, and now is allowed to make millions. He should be in jail without parole if you ask me. If I was a defensive guy in the NFL, my first priority when my team played them would be to go head hunting for him. 

9 hours ago, Coach85 said:

I’m not supporting Art Briles. I personally have not heard of anything 100% that proves he was in the know of what was going on. But if you are going to chastise him for covering all this up and say he should be banned for life from ever coaching again. Then kick that low life piece of sh__ Joe Mixon out of the NFL. He beat the sh__ out of a woman, had to sit out just one year, and now is allowed to make millions. He should be in jail without parole if you ask me. If I was a defensive guy in the NFL, my first priority when my team played them would be to go head hunting for him. 

No kidding! It’s hard to watch that video 

Guest ECBucFan

Final thoughts: here is an excerpt from a DWF sports writer:

ART BRILES SCHOOL BOARD MEETING

Once again “fake news” was smoked out in a general public meeting in Mt. Vernon , Texas last night. The media has spent weeks on almost daily attacks on this small town’s administrators, thus setting up an explosive school board meeting last night to overthrow the board. As it turns out, it was much to do about nothing as far as the projected protesting and out of control behavior.

It reminds me so much of the national media jumping on the Allen Football Stadium project as an example of Texas’s gluttony and Allen’s misplaced emphasis on athletics. Of course, nothing the national media was writing represented the real truth.

As it turns out, the school board meeting went fairly smoothly. Three parents spoke to the board and Superintendent. One was livid that they hired a sex offender from Baylor to coach their children. The next two speakers spoke for Briles and reminded the previous speaker that no charges of individual sexual misconduct took place with Briles. He basically was held responsible for lack of institutional control.

Superintendent Lawerence had this to say about the meeting:

“If you feel the pulse of our community you would find the majority of people are in much support of the people that we elected to the position of doing the hires for our community,” Lawerence said.

“[The national media] is taking everything from everyone who doesn’t live here, their spin, on what they think we should be thinking. We have our own opinions here. And of course, we can all agree to disagree.”

My comments are not to support Briles, just stating how the picture was painted locally and on ESPN as an explosive time-bomb ready to go off.  It didn’t happen. The meeting went off without a hitch and Briles is still the coach. The outside pressure did not sink this community of 3000. I am sure this story is not complete; but for the time being, the people of Mount Vernon spoke.

The REAL POS? The national media, especially ESPN, and the REAL perpertrators, who are guilty of the assaults. Funny how the perps are not even talked about, isn't it? They don't fit the liberal/snowflake narrative. 

From the article:  "Crushing

and the school that recently hired him, Mount Vernon ISD, is an easy populist choice; it requires minimal effort, and it will generate rave reviews and big ratings."  It requires minimum effort!  That says it all.  And more from the article:  "People believe whatever they want. Never let the facts get in the way of a good story, or an opinion that makes you feel better about yourself because you were showered with confirmation from uninformed people."  From uninformed people!  Hummm.  And again from the article:  "Feel free to hate Briles and the rest of BU, but try to learn more than 145 characters on the subject.  Calling a guy a bad coach is one thing.  Suggesting a guy condoned or covered up rape is quite another."  One can tell from the rabid hate of Briles, like some here, that they are doing so based on words from people they don't even know.  Again -- let's not let facts get in the way of a good story! 

This came from a poster on the Smokey.com website concerning Art Briles:  " Coach Briles has daughters and granddaughters, he didn’t rape anyone. The man is a scapegoat. You don’t give $18 million to a guilty man. People still can’t get this."  Very telling!

• 2 weeks later...

Art Briles was interviewed on CBN.  Art is a Christian man.  He has 2 daughters.  He ran clean problem at Baylor, according to Grant Teaff.   Baylor gets "accused" of something, no facts yet, and all of a sudden Art Briles becomes the devil.  Folks -- something doesn't sound right about this!!  I'm sad for Baylor in this respect:  Without any facts, they thought they needed scapegoats.  And the two unfortunate ones were Art Briles and Ken Starr!