Art Briles returns to Texas High School Football

WOSgrad

23 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

I think LC-M is a bit dissatisfied with the Bears' current head coach.

Crouch is a good guy. I’m not gonna say anymore on the whole coaching topic.  I’m sure he’s already knows how everyone feels. I understand he don’t have any hobbies other than football and  hanging out at LCM with good pay heck I can’t  blame the man. Like anyone on this site I want the kids to be at their best and I want to win.  

Guest ECBucFan

Great hire by MV. Briles was unfairly demonized by a ESPN liberal politics hit job. Briles will set himself up for another NCAA job in two years. Congrats to AB and MV!

On 5/25/2019 at 10:40 AM, ECBucFan said:

Great hire by MV. Briles was unfairly demonized by a ESPN liberal politics hit job. Briles will set himself up for another NCAA job in two years. Congrats to AB and MV!

i didnt realize being against rape enabling and rampant corruption was a liberal thing

kind of disappointed to hear that

No this doesn't mean anything at all right? 

When a female student-athlete reported that a football player had brandished a gun at her, the court paperwork said, Briles texted an assistant coach: “what a fool — she reporting to authorities.”

In another case, a masseuse asked the team to discipline a player who reportedly exposed himself and asked for favors during a massage, the document said Briles’ first response was, “What kind of discipline… She a stripper?”..

So this is the kind of coach you would want coaching your kids? Here's a few articles maybe something you read here might change your mind...

This is the hidden content, please

3 incidents? I might listen to your argument.

60 incidents? You have zero credibility. 

The only team Briles should ever coach is the Mean Machine.

From the article:

“We spent a lot of time talking to people who know Art very well, and who also were very familiar with the situations that were taking place at Baylor,” McCullough said. “We read through the reports, we looked at the findings...that it was not a football issue, that it was an organizational issue for Baylor itself, and we believe that Art was a man who, unfortunately, was caused to take the fall for that.”

smh

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the basketball team at Baylor killing one another long before Briles ever got to Baylor?

You can hear stories about the same stuff happening at any university.  The difference is that it's a lot easier to tee off on a private institution like Baylor (especially one with deep, deep pockets) than it is to take on one like say, Lamar or any other state school. 

15 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the basketball team at Baylor killing one another long before Briles ever got to Baylor?

You can hear stories about the same stuff happening at any university.  The difference is that it's a lot easier to tee off on a private institution like Baylor (especially one with deep, deep pockets) than it is to take on one like say, Lamar or any other state school. 

Well, if Art Briles' post Baylor in anyway parallels Dave Bliss' post Baylor, then Mount Vernon is really gonna regret this move:

So some of you truly think that he didn't know or had nothing to do with it (being he was the head coach) When Boise calls to tell you what type of a player you are getting and you still let him on the team (for the sake of winning) is crazy. Then to read the text messages from Art to other coaches, is just wow. I don't care if it was one girl or one million it should of never happened and they dang sure shouldn't of turned a blind eye to it. 

53 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

What, exactly, is your point?

Are you saying this stuff happens everywhere so it's ok?