Refugio 6 Evadale 3/GM 2-FINAL/Refugio wins series 2-0

Game 2 of a Class 2A, Regional IV best of 3 semifinal from Sweeny High School at 5.

Refugio leads this series 1-0 after a 5-2 win last night.

Should a Game 3 be necessary, it will start 30 minutes after Game 2.

The winner of this series will take on Dallardsville Big Sandy, a 3-1 winner over Mason last night.

In my son’s 4 years, I thought his junior year was our best shot.  We played defending state champions (Flatonia), and blew them out game 1.  They were able to take the next 2 from us and advance.  They played Big Sandy the next round and did the exact same thing (lost game 1 and win 2 in a row).  My point is winning 2 is very do-able.  Set your minds to getting the bats hot and cut down on errors and you can do it.  Let’s go Rebs!

1 hour ago, Chester86 said:

In my son’s 4 years, I thought his junior year was our best shot.  We played defending state champions (Flatonia), and blew them out game 1.  They were able to take the next 2 from us and advance.  They played Big Sandy the next round and did the exact same thing (lost game 1 and win 2 in a row).  My point is winning 2 is very do-able.  Set your minds to getting the bats hot and cut down on errors and you can do it.  Let’s go Rebs!

You are so correct, yesterday was a bad game and Evadale should have not lost. They went into the game tense and playing as such. 3 past balls and 2 errors cost them 4 runs. Today is a new day and its 0-0, time to redeem what happened yesterday.