State Tournament new location?

The contract for the Alamo Dome was up this year and the state tournament could be in a new location next year.  Does anyone have an idea of where the new location would be?  Im hearing either Dallas or Houston and Im hearing they are looking at smaller venues then the Alamo Dome.

1 hour ago, $$Buckets$$ said:

The contract for the Alamo Dome was up this year and the state tournament could be in a new location next year.  Does anyone have an idea of where the new location would be?  Im hearing either Dallas or Houston and Im hearing they are looking at smaller venues then the Alamo Dome.

We have one more year at the Alamo Dome     Wouldn't mind seeing it back in Austin, new facility being built there and will be open in 2021  or rotate it between Houston/Dallas/SA

On ‎5‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 9:05 AM, Coach.Shu said:

We have one more year at the Alamo Dome     Wouldn't mind seeing it back in Austin, new facility being built there and will be open in 2021  or rotate it between Houston/Dallas/SA

I like the rotation thing between the 3 major cities but we see how that panned out with high school football, Jerry's money won over...

Actually, the UIL's contract with the Alamodome is still in tact until 2021. I've heard that Baylor has been trying to get the state tournament for years and I've also heard that Dickies Arena in Fort Worth also could host but most likely not because football is already in the DFW area and the UIL most likely won't have two state competitions in the same metro area. 

It is an awkward setting in the Alamodome but I don't mind it because, less traffic. I'm pretty sure it won't be back in Austin because as long SxSW is taking place, hotel costs are through the roof along with traffic.