Income Tax Thought(s)...

Reagan

Since we just got through with income tax season, a thought occurred to me:  When one signs to pay their income taxes, they sign under "penalty of perjury!"  What got me thinking was -- what other taxes does one pay under "penalty of perjury?  When you buy gas you just pay the tax.  Actually when have pay any tax you just pay the taxes.  So, why would paying federal income taxes be any different?!  Thoughts?

50 minutes ago, EAGLEFOREVER said:

you can cheat on income taxes, not so much on others.

I think you summed it up.  Wish I knew a (foolproof) way to cheat on the others lol.  And to scared to cheat on my income tax.  Many years ago, guy across the street from me did Income Tax for folks.  Steady stream of cars, and glowing reports, so I take mine over.  Got a nice return, but the more I looked at the deductions he put down, the more nervous I got.  I had no idea what half of it was.  Started thinking of sitting in front of an auditor trying to answer questions.  Had to cut my neighbor off.

7 hours ago, Reagan said:

Since we just got through with income tax season, a thought occurred to me:  When one signs to pay their income taxes, they sign under "penalty of perjury!"  What got me thinking was -- what other taxes does one pay under "penalty of perjury?  When you buy gas you just pay the tax.  Actually when have pay any tax you just pay the taxes.  So, why would paying federal income taxes be any different?!  Thoughts?

You are overthinking it. 

Yes, if we signed for taxed gasoline, it would be under a penalty if it was false. We don’t sign any taxing document when we go shopping at Walmart or fill up our car with gasoline  

What so many people claim to want in income taxes, actually exists in most other taxes. That is a no deductions flat tax. If you buy it then it is taxed at a given rate. It doesn’t matter if you are a billionaire or on welfare, if you pull up to a gas pump at the same time on the same day, the price is the same. It doesn’t matter if you buy one gallon of gasoline a year or 20;000 gallons. It is built into the price. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TRUTHTELLER409
    Newest Member
    TRUTHTELLER409

• From what I read, the state intended for there to be no drainage. It was to act as a dam or levee just like the hurricane levee around Port Arthur. It worked to perfection.  In doing so, the water had to pile up somewhere.  Like in Causby that I mentioned above, the Supreme Court ruled in that case that the federal government took his land by merely flying planes over it but low enough that the engine noise was disrupting.  
    • This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up shocker!
    • Exactly. Of course changing realignment to make matchups more fair helps, but fairness always helps, and that shouldn’t be a knock against PNG. But, they created the fixed divisions in what, 2018? How did PnG do in that setup before Joseph showed up? Elite coaching mixed with good players and good luck, and a level playing field, yeah that helps a lot. But for anyone trying to say PNG had it easy, why don’t the other 120-ish teams in 5aD2 do just as well?
    • It’s not a land issue, it’s a demographic issue. The population in PN-GISD is getting younger. Old folks are dying off, and their homes are being bought by young families moving in with increasing frequency. Factor in that PN-GISD is more attractive than some of its neighbors right now thanks to the newer schools, the quality of education and the recent extracurricular success, and you have an easy explanation for the ~20% enrollment growth that’s occurred over the last ten years while the neighboring Jefferson County districts have all either flat-lined or shrunk. You also have an explanation for Groves posting the highest growth rate in the county and the third highest in the MSA on the 2020 census. We’re a lot closer to 5ADI numbers than people realize.
    • Dang i cant believe they past up on Cornel Thompson 
  • Topics