Area Round Matchups/Please Post Here

9 hours ago, LTFALCON said:

This weather is going to play HAVOC on these playoff games this week! Best of 3 game series could be a one game series, if you can get one in! Better bring it game 1! 

Would be a shame if any of these series have to be decided by the flip of a coin.  Parents and fans should be prepared for unexpected travel and late nights.

You can petition to play on Monday, but if both sides don’t agree you go to a coin flip.  A long time ago, two north Tyler county teams were playing the regional final.  Both teams started at Woodville - and rain.  Sitting on the bus and finally - everyone (players and fans) to Beaumont and Vincent Beck.  Rain......more sitting until boom - everyone loads up and to West-Orange.  That was a long day - and West Hardin Fan 1 will remember that day.  So get ready and don’t be surprised to end up somewhere you’d least expect.  Best of luck to all teams and enjoy every minute.

2 hours ago, Chester86 said:

You can petition to play on Monday, but if both sides don’t agree you go to a coin flip.  A long time ago, two north Tyler county teams were playing the regional final.  Both teams started at Woodville - and rain.  Sitting on the bus and finally - everyone (players and fans) to Beaumont and Vincent Beck.  Rain......more sitting until boom - everyone loads up and to West-Orange.  That was a long day - and West Hardin Fan 1 will remember that day.  So get ready and don’t be surprised to end up somewhere you’d least expect.  Best of luck to all teams and enjoy every minute.

Don't forget the Silsbee game from 2016 ( I think ) started a in Houston area at 1 had to move it to Madisonville at like 7 or 8 pm didn't finish till 11 on prom night

6 hours ago, HOTROD309 said:

Don't forget the Silsbee game from 2016 ( I think ) started a in Houston area at 1 had to move it to Madisonville at like 7 or 8 pm didn't finish till 11 on prom night

Evadale played after y’all that night.....we had originally started at Conroe.....we didn’t start until y’all were finished.....that was a loooooong night.  At least Madisonville has a Bucee’s.

1 hour ago, LTFALCON said:

Well unless we slide up to North Texas, these games are a wash! There are going to be teams that end their season on a coin flip! Really? ughhh

Is anybody scheduled to play on grass this week? Lord, I hope not.

As long as the games are on turf then i think they may get them all in, it may cost a few extra dozen baseballs, but I think they can dodge the raindrops on turf enough to get these series in.

7 minutes ago, PlayActionPass said:

Is anybody scheduled to play on grass this week? Lord, I hope not.

As long as the games are on turf then i think they may get them all in, it may cost a few extra dozen baseballs, but I think they can dodge the raindrops on turf enough to get these series in.

12 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

A shame that Sunday can't be added as a day for special circumstances. Most teams our way are scheduled on turf fields. May be some sloppy games.

12 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

A shame that Sunday can't be added as a day for special circumstances. Most teams our way are scheduled on turf fields. May be some sloppy games.

13 hours ago, bulldog16 said:

Yep, the ole yellow dogs better have plenty of gas in them this 

Pray pray pray.  Lol

11 minutes ago, Coach85 said:

Just found out PNG’s 1st game Friday has been moved to 10:00 am with the second game immediately following. Games are still at Crosby.

That makes sense, play when you can.

Open that window as early as possible and play when the opportunity presents itself.

STAAR testing is done this week, so really school is over for all intent and purpose.

UIL RAIN (BAD WEATHER) POLICY
• Every effort must be made by both teams to determine the winner before the certification deadline. This includes obtaining neutral sites and securing any available field. This could mean giving up a home-field advantage if another field is playable.

• If weather conditions make it impossible to determine a winner before certification, UIL must be contacted for an extension. The next round opponent(s) must also be contacted to inform them that the deadline will be extended.

• Extreme scheduling difficulties such as those mentioned above could result in a coin flip which would determine the representatives to the next round.

o A two-out-of-three series that does not get a complete game in by the end of the day Friday automatically reverts to a one-gamer.
o If one game is played and a second game cannot be played on Saturday because of weather, then the winner of the game advances to the next round.
o If two games are played (and split) and the third game cannot be played on Saturday because of weather conditions, then the third and deciding game should be played on Monday of the next week.